3 Ingredient Berry Cobbler

by DanicasDaily on August 5, 2009

I LOVE just about any fruity dessert, especially those that only require 3 ingredients.  I am sure several of you have heard of the “diet coke” cakes.  I LOVE diet coke cakes, however, I have not eaten one since I gave up artificial sweeteners over 3 years ago.  Here is a spin on the diet coke cake that you can now make without the artificial sweeteners.

You only need 3 ingredients!

1 12 oz bottle of fizzy water, I picked Perrier (0 points+)

1 lb bag of unsweetened berries.  I used Trader Joe’s Berry Blend (0 points+)

1 package of your favorite cake mix.  I used Trader Joe’s Vanilla BEAN (5 points+ per serving, 45 for the box)

I LOVE this Trader Joe’s cake mix ~ it’s amazing when made according to the package too!

The nutritionals are not too shabby either, but, I try not to focus on that as much when I am having a “treat”.

Step 1: Start off by coating an 8×8 pan with nonstick spray and adding your bag of frozen berries.

Step 2: In a separate bowl, combine your fizzy water and cake mix. Mix just until combined.

Step 3: Pour your cake mixture over your berries and bake according to the packaged directions.

Step 4: Allow to cool after spending 45-50 minutes in the oven.  Serve as is or topped with whipped cream or ice cream.

Makes 9 servings, 5 Points+ each.  You could use a 9×13 pan and have 18 servings at 3 Points+.  Just be sure to reduce the cooking time.

My FAVORITE way to have this is with real whipped cream. It would be even better with vanilla beans added to the whipped cream – YUM!

I like making this dessert when I need something that is fast and easy.  Everyone LOVES it and you’d be surprised how you cannot tell there is only a bottle of water mixed in.

1 DaMora August 5, 2009 at 11:00 pm

My leader gave out this recipe a few months ago and I wanted to try it. I totally forgot all about it, thanks for the reminder.

Looks oh so good.

2 Kate August 6, 2009 at 7:30 am

Sounds fabulous! At what temperature do you cook it at?

3 janetha August 6, 2009 at 10:31 am

holy genius. i have never made a cake with soda but i have heard about it. using fizzy water is so smart! and you know i am a sucker for the VANILLA BEAN! i will have to try this out!

4 Alicia August 6, 2009 at 10:44 am

Cobbler looks great. Your introducing me to more and more TJ’s stuff that I haven’t tried yet. YUM!

5 Emily August 6, 2009 at 1:49 pm

This sounds like a super easy and delish recipe! Thanks, Danica!

6 DanicasDaily August 6, 2009 at 8:55 pm

Mora ~ I loved it – you should try it!

Kate ~ I cooked it at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes. Basically whatever temperature your cake box says for your pan size.

Alicia ~ Yeah, glad to share. I am slightly addicted to TJ’s if you haven’t noticed.

Emily ~ it’s so easy and quick when you need a healthy dessert. You are more than welcome.

7 N.D. August 9, 2009 at 6:50 pm

Oh my gosh, this cake mix is my absolute favorite! I’d make it for my students and they loved it. I love it!!!

8 Errign August 28, 2009 at 2:06 pm

This looks veryyy good!

9 Bethany January 27, 2010 at 6:36 pm

I made this cobbler today and it is my new favorite!! I could not believe something so easy to make could taste so good! Thanks for the recipe :)

10 Danica's Daily January 28, 2010 at 9:02 am

Bethany,

That is AWESOME! I am so glad it turned out and even better that you liked it :D

Thanks for the feedback,

11 kathy April 25, 2010 at 4:23 pm

love your blog. this recipe looks fabulous. i dont have whole foods or trader joes anywhere near me but i’m going to check on the internet for alternate places to buy. i’m short on time now but have added your site to my “favorites” so i will be back.

12 Tinuke February 23, 2011 at 12:03 pm

Absolutely delicious. I added more berries and used a yellow cake I had a home with club soda.

Thanks for the recipe!

13 Angela March 10, 2011 at 4:50 am

I bought all of the indredients to try this recipe! I was wondering if you could post the Points Plus Value for it? I just hate to guess. :) Thanks!

14 DanicasDaily March 10, 2011 at 9:39 am

Hi Angela,

I updated the post to include the points+ values of all the ingredients and re-calculated the per serving. The values increased by 1 for points+ versus points. It is delicious!

15 Angela March 10, 2011 at 10:04 am

Thank you so much for your quick response! Can’t wait to try it!!

16 lorna walter August 23, 2012 at 12:25 pm

what temp,or did I miss this?

17 DanicasDaily August 26, 2012 at 4:06 pm

Hi Lorna,

You bake it according to packaged directions on the cake box as though you were baking a cake.

18 Suzanne June 9, 2013 at 8:41 pm