3 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

by DanicasDaily on June 4, 2009

My Aunt sent me this recipe today and I HAD to share it with you all. Who doesn’t want to have a single serving chocolate cake that is ALL their own. I was sold when I saw chocolate chips…..This is definitely going on my list of MUST TRIES post Bikini Bootcamp!

3 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

* Make it VEGAN by using Almond Breeze (heats better than soy), (Ener-G Egg Substitute, 1/2 banana, 1/4 c applesauce or 1 Tbsp Flaxmeal mix with 3 Tbsp water) and Vegan Chocolate chips!

1 large coffee mug (must be at least able to hold 2 cups)
4 Tablespoons flour (not self rising)
4 Tablespoons sugar
2 Tablespoons baking cocoa
1 egg
3 Tablespoons milk
3 Tablespoons oil
3 Tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
Small splash of vanilla

Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well.
Add egg and mix thoroughly
Pour in milk, oil – mix well
Add chocolate chips and vanilla – mix

Put mug in microwave and cook for 3 minutes (1000 watts)

Cake will rise over top of mug

Allow to cool a bit and tip out on plate or eat from mug.

1 Jenny June 5, 2009 at 12:25 am

3 minute chocolate cake? i'm speechless..

2 janetha June 5, 2009 at 12:34 am

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOU! i think my roomies and i just ate ourselves into a sampling coma :D DANICA YOU ARE SO AMAZINGLY SWEET! words cannot express how grateful i am to have such a great friend like you! thank you times a million for my TOTALLY awesome package! MWAH!

*sidenote, gotta try this recipe, for the vegans!

3 C.G. the Foodie June 5, 2009 at 12:35 am

Um. YUM.

Thanks!

4 janetha June 5, 2009 at 12:35 am

oh wait, do you use egg replacer or applesauce to replace the egg to make it vegan?

5 HangryPants June 5, 2009 at 1:08 am

Awesome – can't wait to try!

6 Anne June 5, 2009 at 1:56 am

That's freaking awesome! I can't wait to try this :D

7 Jess June 5, 2009 at 2:24 pm

You had me at "cake"…

8 Danica's Daily June 5, 2009 at 9:03 pm

Jenny ~ I was too, so I had to quickly post it to share! Hmmmm, maybe I need to make The Husband sample it.

Janetha ~ yeah – you got your B-day pack!!! So much for priority mail and you getting it close to on time LOL. Oh well, I am glad you LOVED it all – I had fun making it up for you.

Hangry ~ do tell if you try it – I am intrigued.

Janetha ~ In my rush, I forgot the egg sub, but, added it now. You will defintiely have to tell me if the vegans like it :D

Anne ~ I wonder how it will take you to make it? Are you heading to the kitchen now :D LOL

Jess ~ you are too cute!

9 Margaret June 17, 2011 at 12:27 am

How many Power Points would this be? Can I use Splenda for sugar? Thanks.

10 DanicasDaily June 20, 2011 at 8:25 am

HI Margaret,

It’s actually not too points+ friendly, but, I definitely plan on finding a way to make it a tad better. I would imagine you could use the baking splenda as a substitute.

11 Dawn January 30, 2013 at 7:22 pm

If you’re trying to make it healthier and sugar free, then I’d use stevia NOT splenda :)