3rd Annual Foodbuzz Festival Day 1

by DanicasDaily on November 5, 2011

Let the fun begin!!!  Yesterday kicked off the 3rd Annual Foodbuzz FestivalTracey of TJ’s Test Kitchen is my side kick attending with me this year.  It is so crazy to think that this is my 3rd s of year attending the Foodbuzz Fest.  I always look forward to seeing everyone and meeting new people, but, I also have to say that a big draw is all the delicious food.  It also totally makes me feel normal seeing so many other people taking pictures of their food like I do everyday LOL……

I am just going to make this disclaimer ahead of time….points+ do not count for 2 days when you attend an event like this because you only live once and festival’s like this only happen once a year.  I will be back on track on Sunday…….With that being said, let’s get our food on!

The reception was sponsored by Sabra Hummus

I can be the first to admit I was really tempted to title this post “Hummus Among-Us” but, I resisted making you all subject to my corniness Open-mouthed smile.

Our first stop was the beverage station!

I opted for Club Soda (fizzy water!) with lime and pretty much drank that all night since I was the designated driver.

They had a pretty extensive menu for our “Happy Hour” and everything included…..hummus!

Sabra also provided us all with Greek Tattoos in case we really wanted to Go For The Greek Winking smile

The center of the room has this delicious display of bite sized appetizers all labeled with which type of Sabra Hummus was used.

Crunchy “fried” chickpeas ~ they were slightly spicy and totally crunchy like nuts.

I want their bowls and serving tray Open-mouthed smile

They gave us a lot of option for this to dip in our hummus ~ pita chips and this fantastic veggie tray.  I think pickled red onions should be on every veggie platter ~ slightly sweet, slight dark and definitely not onion like at all.

I had two plates that looked like this.

My FAVORITE appetizer of the night were these little Sabra Hummus Tarts.  The Wasabi Pea hummus bit reminded m of sushi ~ totally creamy with a little kick.  It surprised me because those who know me, know I hate Wasabi Peas.

Along with the table they had a staff that walked around passing appetizers all around. I LOVE how the waiters/waitresses are always confused with all of us wanting to take pictures of what they are passing, but, not always eating it.

The Staff that walked around was AWESOME ~ they were so friendly and made sure to stop by our table each time so we could get person shots of our food.

Rosemary Chicken Salad Hummus Puffs (perfect for the holidays!)

Jalapeno Cilantro Hummus Mini Pizzas with Corn, tomato & Lime Cream.

After the cocktail party we all headed up stairs for the Small Bites Foozbuzz Blogger Awards Dinner.

There were two stations where the chefs were cooking and plating our dishes right in front of us.

Seared Scallops ~ I gave this one to Tracey since you all know Scallops and their sliminess/lack of eyeballs kinda freak me out!

Pork Belly (it should be crispy like bacon I think!) over Broccoli “Potatoes”.

The next station was actually pretty cool.  It was based on recipes developed by several Foodbuzz Bloggers. I LOVED this idea and recognizing the names that went with each dish.

The Brown Sugar and Butter Roasted chicken completely melted in your mouth.  Fantastic recipe Jessica ~ I am definitely adding this to my to make list!

Espresso Cup Potato & Broccoli Soup Samplers!

The final station of the night was the station I wanted to visit the most because of the spring rolls and cute little “box” Lentil Salads.

These raviolis were bright red inside because they filled them with beets….

We pretty much did not have any room at this point so we skipped out on the dessert station.

photo

For those wondering, here is what is on the inside of our Swag Bags this year!

Day 2 involved 3 “classes”, the Tasting Pavilion and dinner where Tyler Florence is doing a cooking demonstration for us!

Stay tuned tomorrow for the Grand Finale Post!

1 Roz@weightingfor50 November 5, 2011 at 4:33 pm

Hi Danica. How fun. Love the Foodbuzz recap. One year, I’d love to get there myself. Keep having a great time!!!!

2 Josie November 5, 2011 at 5:11 pm

OK now I want hummus and that chicken leg!! Can anyone go to Foodbuzz? Or do you have to have a blog to go?? I guess my hm bowl of chicken noodle will have to cut it for tonight….for tomorrow am I weigh in… :)

3 Sarah November 5, 2011 at 6:39 pm

Oh, my word, looks like SUCH a fun time! Thanks for sharing part of your experience; I’m looking forward to your next update:-).

4 Gail H. November 6, 2011 at 7:28 am

OMG everythings looks awesome! Publix has the Sabra Hummus 2/$5 this week, must stock up! Need the chicken leg recipe!! Can’t wait to hear the rest :)

5 Cindy Lincoln November 6, 2011 at 7:48 am

I want to become a food blogger just so that I can attend this event!!!

6 tj November 6, 2011 at 8:49 am

great re-cap of day 1 :) Thanks for being the designated driver. lol

7 Elise November 6, 2011 at 3:44 pm

awww…looks like youre having fun. miss you :(

8 BroccoliHut November 6, 2011 at 5:59 pm

Looks like quite a chickpea love-fest! I would have fit right in :)

9 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles November 6, 2011 at 7:20 pm

Hey, Danica! It was so great meeting you at the Foodbuzz Festival this weekend. I’m still thinking about all the delicious food we enjoyed. Hope you enjoyed yourself. :)

10 Christine (The Raw Project) November 7, 2011 at 10:28 am

Great recap, so sorry I didn’t get a chance to meet you!

11 Nicole, RD November 8, 2011 at 1:24 pm

Ahh, I was at Foodbuzz, too! I wish we could’ve met! Great photos! I was shocked at all the poor lighting so I gave up on food pictures early on! At leas the tasting pavilion had good lighting :)

12 DanicasDaily November 16, 2011 at 7:09 am

Hi Josie,

You need to be a blogger to go to the festival itself but anyone can goto the tasting pavilion.

13 DanicasDaily November 16, 2011 at 7:10 am

Hi Courtney,

It was great meeting you too!

14 DanicasDaily November 16, 2011 at 7:11 am

Awww, I wish I met you too…next year for sure.

15 DanicasDaily November 16, 2011 at 7:12 am

I didn’t know that or I would’ve found you for sure. I agree the lighting is always a challenge for me too :)