Back to the “Simple” Life

by DanicasDaily on November 10, 2010

Happy Hump Day all!  Do you ever just wake up in the morning and know exactly what you want to eat?  I sometimes think it’s your bodies way of saying you need to “detox” from all the deliciousness you have been eating with some healthy eats. As much as I LOVED all the Foodbuzz eats, I am totally ready to get back to “simple”, clean eats and I couldn’t wait to dig in today.

Breakfast started with a Morning Star Veggie Sausage (2 pts).

Sausage & Eggs

Plus a 1/2 cup egg beaters with Tapatio hot sauce and sour dough walnut wheat bread (3 pts)  You know I totally dumped more hot sauce on after I took my pictures :D

Sourdough Walnut Wheat

Balanced out with a fruit today ~ Organic Fuji Slices (1 pt)

Fuji Apple Slices

I think my stomach is still on a Foodbuzz Fest schedule because I was starving like an hour later.  I whipped out some Pretzel Crisps.  Pretzel Crisps

2 points a serving.

Pretzel Crisp Nutritional Information

Ingredients, the way they should be ~ totally recognizable!

Pretzel Crisp Ingredients

11 crispy, salty, crunchy pretzel crisps with a Trader Joe’s Lite String Cheese (3 pts).  They were not bad, but, my favorite flavors of Pretzel Crisps are still the Everything and CINNAMON!

Pretzel Crisps & Cheese

Lunch today turned out to be completely different than I had planned.  I was so pumped to whip up one of the Spicy Hummus Cranberry Turkey sandwiches I made last year, but, I sort of forgot the ONE important ingredient ~ BREAD!

Soooo, what’s a girl to do! It didn’t take much to convince me that I NEEDED to go to Over The Top Shop for some FF PUMPKIN FROYO!

LUNCH PART 1 ~ Because sometimes you just need to start with dessert first.

PUMPKIN + GRAHAM CRACKER CRUMBS + WHIPPED CREAM = LOVE!!!!

Pumpkin Pie Frozen Yogurt

The usual ff vanilla frozen yogurt with caramel, heath bar and a few mini yogurt chips too. (5 pts)

LUNCH PART 2 ~ Involved getting some veggies in at Panda Express!

I think it’s SO COOL that they have their nutrition information online.  Not only have do they have the nutrition guide, but, a nutrition calculator where you can build your meal and a Wok Smart Guide….Just another reason to LOVE Panda!

I got all of this checking off my veggies, healthy oil and lean protein for only 8 points!

String Bean Chicken

Panda Express String Bean Chicken

Broccoli Beef

Panda Express Broccoli Beef

Steamed Mixed Veggies

Panda Express Mixed Vegetables

Sometimes it is just the little things……like having your AWESOME FRIEND give you a bag of her homemade trail mix for snack. (3 pts)

Homemade Trail Mix

Thanks Janetha & Momma B ~ this is seriously one of the best mixes ever!!!

The Husband made sure to put in his dinner request before I headed out the door for Body Sculpt tonight.  I told him, we can have it, if he makes it :D

FAST and simple ~ Homemade FRESH Tomato & Basil Soup that we froze the last time we made it. (2 pts)

Grilled Cheese on TJ’s FF Multi-Grain Bread with TJ’s Shredded Pepperjack blend (5 pts)

He did so good ~ this totally hit the spot and the BEST part is I didn’t have to cook.

Thanks again everyone for all the great comments on my Foodbuzz Festival recaps and for sharing your links.  It was such a fun time and I LOVED meeting you all.

Q: If you went to the Foodbuzz Festival, what was your FAVORITE thing you did or ate? If you didn’t go, what do you wish you did/ate the most?

It’s too hard for me to choose, but, if I had to, I would say the Street Fair, Tasting Pavilion and hanging out with the coolest people in the world, food bloggers ;)

1 Lynn (The Actors Diet) November 10, 2010 at 11:58 pm

it’s a toss up between that beet tart at the gala dinner and the porchetta sandwich at the street fare. but there was so much deliciousness. how can we choose?!?

2 Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) November 11, 2010 at 9:54 am

Every morning for the last 6ish weeks I wake up craving this:

1 peice whole wheat toast – topped with a slice of cheese and then an over easy egg with the yolk schmeared all over like it’s jam and a soysage on the side. YUUUUUM! just ate that… like 5 min ago ;)

I always crave savory stuff (protein, fat & carbs) in the morning. I have tried several times to love sweet/ dessert like oats in the morning, but I just can’t finish more than a third of it.

There were SO many tasty looking dishes at F Buzz I cannot pick one?! ;P

3 janetha g. @ meals & moves November 11, 2010 at 11:02 am

i swear we are on the same soup wavelength. i made minestrone last week and you did, too. and this week i have grilled cheese and tomato on the menu tonight! except mine isn’t awesome home made soup :( i need to make that soon! i made it before and loved it. of course, when do i not love your recipes? glad you liked the trailmix!

XOXOXO

4 Holly November 11, 2010 at 11:12 am

i LOVED the rest of your foodbuzz recaps roomie :) and i MUST agree – that trail mix from janetha and momma b totally rules. i ate the last of it with my lunch today, haha!

anyways, i suddenly have a craving for grilled cheese and tomato soup. your recipe looks SO much better than the canned kind. love ya lady – happy thursday :)

5 suki @ [Super Duper Fantastic] November 11, 2010 at 2:28 pm

scallops from the gala dinner and the mushroom soup from the taste pavilion! but really, my taste buds and stomach were spoiled all weekend long.

6 Eden November 11, 2010 at 3:55 pm

I kind of missed veggies while at foodbuzz. Dont get me wrong, I love chocolate and lamb and all that, but I missed a pile of veggies. Foodbuzz will never get “carrots” or “spinach” as a sponsor.
graham cracker anything= love!

7 Sara November 11, 2010 at 10:09 pm

Aww that grilled cheese looks sooooo good! :D

8 Jen November 12, 2010 at 4:54 am

Man, everything looks so dang good!!!! Especially your grilled cheese…yummm!!!

Jen

9 Sami November 12, 2010 at 6:45 am

we’re two peas in a pod :) cinnamon & everything pretzel crisps are my faves too too. guess what else? i had chinese yesterday, too! xo.

10 Melissa @ TryingToHeal November 13, 2010 at 8:01 pm

i has been so hard for me to get back into the simple food life after that weekend! All i want are all the goodies i had at the festival!

I def think my favorite items were the butternut squash apple soup with the savory shortbread and annie the bakers pb cookies. omg to die for.