Coconut Donut Holes, 1 points+

by DanicasDaily on March 3, 2012

Happy Weekend all!  I am back today with the Grand Finale Recipe to my Eggland’s Best Brunch Recipes.  I am not sure which recipe is my favorite in the series since everything was pretty darn tasty, but, I might have just saved the BEST recipe for last.  I have been looking for ways to use my “Cake Pop Maker” ever since I made these Cinnamon Glazed Donut Holes in the fall.

These tasty little balls are super moist with hints of coconut and topped with a delicious vanilla glazed that melts in your mouth. The BEST part about them ~ they are totally healthy for you and….You get one Donut Hole for ONLY 1 POINTS+!

COCONUT DONUT HOLES (print it!)

INGREDIENTS

Icing

• 1/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/2 tsp real vanilla extract
  • 2-3 tsp water or until desired consistency is achieved
  • 1/4 cup shredded coconut for topping

INSTRUCTIONS

1.  Prepare and heat the Cake Pop Maker according to the packaged instructions.

2.  In a large bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients. In another bowl stir together egg, milk, yogurt, butter, vanilla & coconut extracts.

3.  Make a hole in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients into the hole.  Gently fold everything together until combined.

4.  Put all of the batter into the other Ziploc bag. Cut off the end. Pipe into the cake pop pan, only filling 3/4 of the hole. Bake 4-6 minutes and remove to cooling rack.

5.  Once cooled, drizzle with vanilla icing, sprinkle with coconut and enjoy!

Makes 36 donut holes, 1 points+ each

Nutritional information per donut hole calculated at caloriecount.com

I LOVE that you can taste the vanilla and coconut inside and out as these little donut holes melt in your melt.

1 points+ each so you can have more than one! (3 for 3 points+ – deal!)

If you are looking to host your own Eggland’s Best Brunch, you can check out all the Brunch Recipes in this series below.

We are off to climb rock walls for my nephews birthday ~ gahhh, wish me luck since I never have!

Have a fantastic Saturday all!

1 Nicole L. Davis March 3, 2012 at 9:51 am

Oh wow! I have waiting with baited breath all week for this recipe! If only I had a cake pop maker! Grrrrrrrrr

I am contemplating a new purchase!

2 Roz@weightingfor50 March 3, 2012 at 10:44 am

Be safe on those rocks Danica. Have a great Saturday.

3 DanicasDaily March 3, 2012 at 10:49 am

Hi Nicole,

I wonder if they would work in a mini muffin pan. It might be worth a try. Bake at 350 for about 15-2015the minutes would be my guess.

Let me know if you try it.

4 Nicole L. Davis March 3, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Danica,

That is an awesome idea! I am going to give them a go tomorrow! I’ll keep you posted on how they turn out. Thanks! ~ Coley

5 Josie Chow March 3, 2012 at 5:53 pm

YUm I am so making these when I feel better. That cold has now hit me hard! BLAH..I will use my mini doughnut maker! I will let you know how they turn out. Hope rock climbing was fun!

6 janetha March 3, 2012 at 6:29 pm

D these look delicious! Must try!

7 Joanne March 3, 2012 at 8:11 pm

You’re awesome…how about a cookbook???

8 Elyse March 3, 2012 at 11:36 pm

I will definitely try this recipe in mini muffin pans, What is a cake pop maker never heard of it. Anyone have a picture?

9 Gail H. March 4, 2012 at 9:28 am

The one I’ve been waiting for…off to find me a cake pop pan :)

10 Nicole L. Davis March 6, 2012 at 1:42 pm

I tried it in the oven. They taste a little eggy and took longer than 20 min at 350. I am going to try again some other day…………or just buy the dang gone machine! Haha

11 Life's a Bowl March 6, 2012 at 3:13 pm

These sound absolutely heavenly! All I need is a cake pop pan :/

12 DanicasDaily March 10, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Awwww bummer! I do know they make mini donut pans as an option. The maker is fun….they sell them at Kohl’s and Target.

Thanks for letting me know,

13 DanicasDaily March 10, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Thanks Joanne! Maybe one day :)

14 DanicasDaily March 10, 2012 at 3:34 pm

HI Elyse,

Here is a link where I took pictures of my Cake Pop Maker. I bought mine at Kohl’s, but, I know they sell them at Target too.

Good luck,