Cranberry Orange Relish & Bon Voyage!

by DanicasDaily on November 19, 2009

Do you all remember me falling IN LOVE with that Trader Joe’s Cranberry Orange Relish?  One of my loyal readers (Thanks Suzanne ~ you rock!!!) offered up her FAVORITE version that she uses for Thanksgiving and Christmas each year.  I cannot WAIT to make this when I get back, but, I thought I’d share the recipe with you all in case you wanted to try it out next week!

Cranberry Orange Relish

1 bag of fresh cranberries (approx. 2 cups)
1 cup of orange juice
1/2-3/4 cup of sugar (this could be modified with a mixture of sugar/agave)

** Danica’s optional add would be to add 2-3 tsp of orange zest for color and flavor

Heat orange juice and sugar in pan on low until sugar dissolves.  Add cranberries.  Simmer on low.  Cranberries will start ‘popping’.  Simmer approx. 10 minutes until cranberries break down.  Careful not to boil over as it makes a mess!  Cool and refrigerate.  Yummy!

I buy the bags of Ocean Spray cranberries when they’re in season and throw them in the freezer.

Enjoy and be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you make it!!!

BON VOYAGE!!!

Happy Early Turkey Day all!  (Our Anniversary is actually ON Turkey Day this year so we definitely have Extra Thanks this year!!!)  The Husband has a special Guest Post on that day but I have to wait to read it – AHHHHH!

Be sure to check back each day as I have an AWESOME group of guest posters lined up for you all :)

xoxo,

Danica & Jay, A.K.A. The Husban

1 janetha November 19, 2009 at 8:24 pm

i just realized i never replied to the guest post thang.. haha.. but i cant even keep up with blog reading let alone blog writing. AAAHHH have so much fun!! happy turkey day! i will BBM you later. <33333

2 Jasmine Ohi November 19, 2009 at 9:19 pm

this looks so good! maybe I should make this for turkey day

hope you have an AMAZING trip! y’all sure deserve it =)

3 brandi November 20, 2009 at 7:03 am

I hope you have an awesome trip!!! Can’t wait to hear all about it :)

4 Food Makes Fun Fuel November 20, 2009 at 7:47 am

Have a great trip!

5 Anne K. November 20, 2009 at 1:43 pm

Wow, the relish looks delicious! Have a great trip!

6 Christine October 31, 2010 at 3:41 pm

I was checking some of your archives recently, hunting for recipes. Came across this and made it yesterday using sucanat and agave instead of the sugar. It’s delicious! I had it on my oatmeal this morning with pomegranate arils. I’ll be serving it this week with grilled chicken – yum! Thanks for the recipe! :-)

7 Jennifer November 18, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Just made it with generous sprinkle of splenda instead of sugar. so low in points and still sweet from the orange juice!
Yum!