Hi everyone! I am finally back in action with another fun fall recipe that uses my ingredient of choice lately ~ Pumpkin! If you LOVE pumpkin, then, I am pretty sure you will LOVE these Creamy Pumpkin Pie Bites. These little bite sized pumpkin pies might just be better than the real deal.
The cream cheese adds a nice richness to the cinnamon pumpkin-y goodness in the middle while the won tons add a nice crunchy “pie” shell. Did I mention that each bite in ONLY 1 points+ so you don’t have to feel bad when you reach for another
They are perfect to make ahead of time to have as a dessert or an appetizer (sometimes dessert should come first, right?!) Just plan out all the fun toppings you want to serve up to your guests and I guarantee these will be what everyone talks about on their way home from Thanksgiving dinner.
CREAMY PUMPKIN PIE BITES (print here)
- 24 New Hong Kong Thin Won Tons
- 2/3 cup pure pumpkin
- 1/3 cup low-fat cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp golden brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- Homemade whipped cream
- Crushed cinnamon graham crackers
- Cinnamon Sugar or powder sugar
- Dry roasted chopped candied walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a mini nonstick muffin pan with nonstick spray. Press 1 won ton wrapper into each mini muffin cup, folding the edges as needed. Bake the won tons on the bottom rack in the muffin tin for 5 minutes and remove from the oven.
2. While the won tons are cooking, prepare your creamy pumpkin pie filling. Combine pumpkin through egg in a large mixing bowl. Beat until combined with a hand mixer or an electric mixer.
3. Using a 1 Tablespoon measuring spoon, scoop 1 Tbsp of the creamy pumpkin pie filling into each won ton. Return the pumpkin cream cheese won tons to the oven and bake on the bottom rack for an additional 10 minutes until the filling is set and the won tons are golden.
Be careful to watch them as the won tons can burn quickly.
Makes 24 Creamy Pumpkin Pie Bites, 1 points+ each (excluding toppings)
Nutritional information per Creamy Pumpkin Pie Bite
STEP – BY – STEP
OXO sent us some pretty fantastic things…..
* Good Grips Food Scale
* Good Grips Pop Containers (my personal favorite before trying out everything)
* Good Grips Measuring Bowl and Measuring Cups
* Good Grips Zester
* Their latest product ~ Good Grips Egg Beater!
I figured what better way to put my new fun kitchen gadgets to use than to create a fun new fall recipe involving……Won Tons!
You don’t have to worry about pressing your won tons perfectly into the pan. The goal is just to form little cups which means 1-2 little creases as they are pushed into the tin.
This is the MOST IMPORTANT step in my opinion because pre-baking them for 5 minutes help to give them a crispy shell on the bottom and the top.
While the won tons bake, “beat” your creamy pumpkin pie mix.
I honestly think this egg beater works better than my electric mixer. It goes so fast and is super smooth without splashing everything all over.
Scoop 1 Tablespoon of mix into each won ton just enough to “almost” fill them.
Bake on the BOTTOM rack for 10 minutes being sure to check on them during the last 2-3 minutes to make sure they do not burn.
Remove to cooling rack and cool at room temperature.
Whip up your toppings while your creamy pumpkin pie cups cool.
One thing I LOVE about the OXO measuring cups is that having the numbers on the top makes it easier to see what you need to measure.
Another use for their Egg Beater ~ 1 Minute Homemade Whipped Cream!
Simply combine 1 cup heavy whipping cream with 2 Tbsp Agave Nectar & q1 tsp pure vanilla extract.
Whip effortlessly for 1 minute…..Tadah!!! 1 Tbsp = 1 points+.
I thought it would be fun to let guests decorate their own creamy pumpkin pie cups by plating the cups and toppings separately.
Served up with homemade whipped cream and crunchy, crushed cinnamon graham crackers.
Quite possibly better than pumpkin pie ~ the BEST PART ~ since they are only 1 points+, you can go back for another!
What is one FALL recipe or ingredient you are LOVING at the moment?
Aside from pumpkin, I cannot get enough butternut squash or sweet potatoes!
See you all later tonight or tomorrow with my weigh in, weekly menu & one pretty cool giveaway!