Healthy Memorial Day Recipes & Menu Ideas

by DanicasDaily on May 23, 2013

HAPPY LONG WEEKEND, almost Memorial Day everyone!!!!  As requested, I am bringing back  my Healthy Memorial Day Recipes and Menu ideas.  I thought it would be fun to browse my recipe section and give you all a bunch of ideas you could make to kick off the Unofficial First Day of Summer, Memorial day!  I picked out everything from appetizers to healthy salads, beans, grilling options and, of course, dessert!

image63 (1)

The best part about these Weight Watchers Memorial Day Recipes ~ they are all points+/calorie friendly, easy to make and deeeeliciooouuus!!!!

COCKTAILS!!

image16 (1)

* All you NEED are these Summer Berry Pomtini’s ~ with or without alcohol, 3 points+

GRAB ~ N ~ GO

TWO things I highly recommend that EVERY Weight Watcher have at their parties in addition to any of the treats below are BIG POWER FOODS TRAYS!!

These two options give you something you can go back to over and over again!

VEGETABLE TRAY ~ Mix Fat Free Greek Yogurt with Ranch for a quick dip

FRUIT TRAY ~ Use your FAVORITE flavored Chobani Greek Yogurt for dip!

image20 (1)

BEANS!

image4_thumb (1)

* Slow Cooker Molasses Baked Beans

* Quick & Easy Slow Cooker Baked Beans

* Slow Cooked Chipotle Beer Baked Beans, 4 points+

GET YOUR GRILL ON

BBQ bacon inside out cheeseburgers

* Have a Grilled Pizza Party!

* Bacon Inside Out Cheeseburger Sliders

* Bacon Cheeseburgers with sweet potato fries

* Bacon, Maple Turkey Burgers with Zucchini Fries

* Grilled Chicken Sausage & Veggie Skewers

* POM Infused BBQ Chicken with Fresh Corn Salad

* Grilled Chicken Fajitas

* Grilled Fish Tacos

* Shrimp Skewers with Tropical Brown Rice

* Grilled Tri Tip Carne Asada Steak Salads

* Grilled Eggplant Lasagna

* NO GRILL ~ You can still “BBQ” ~ Crockpot Spicy BBQ Brisket with a Healthy Asian Slaw

* Don’t forget, you can always COOK with BEER & drink it too!

image45 (1)

EASY DESSERTS

image49 (1)

* Nectarine Raspberry Sorbet, 3 points+

* Meyer Lemon Sugar Cookies, 1 points+

* Nectarine Crisp with Low-Fat Vanilla Frozen Yogurt, 5 points+

* Watermelon Bomb!

* 3 Ingredient Berry Cobbler

* Easy Rocky Road Squares, 3 points+

* Just for fun ~ A RAINBOW CAKE OR CUPCAKES!

If you would like to print any of the above recipes and it is not noted on the page you open up, head on over to My Recipe page to find the recipe and print (they are all in alphabetical order).

Q’s:

What are you all "fixin’" this Memorial Day?  If you have any ideas to share with everyone, leave a comment and/or post the link below.  After all, you can never have enough recipes!

Happy Friday Eve everyone!

RunToTheFinish May 28, 2010 at 11:01 am

yup yup love the links, it makes things easy for me!

Biz May 28, 2010 at 1:53 pm

Yep – love all the healthy recipes!! Thanks Danica – hope you have a great weekend!

janetha May 28, 2010 at 9:45 pm

BOOK.MARKED.

Jasmine Ohi June 1, 2010 at 11:09 am

I just bookmarked a few of these recipes, THANK YOU!!!

Stacey May 28, 2011 at 6:41 am

Everything looks awesome!!! Thanks for sharing. I’m going to have to make the Watermelon Bomb on a weekend where I have more time. I’m keeping it easy for the food prep this weekend. A big ol Fruit Salad, and Some yummy Lightened up Buffalo Chicken dip, served with Celery instead of chips. SOOOOO good :) have a nice weekend!

Lisa G. May 28, 2011 at 8:08 am

My husband is making pulled pork. We got two big pork butts (about 20 pounds total) and he smokes them for about 16 hours then lets them rest and pulls them and it is soooo, sooo good. He’s trying a new recipe this time using ground chipotle pepper so I’m looking forward to trying it.

Janel May 28, 2011 at 8:40 am

I love your recipes!!! I have a question. I noticed some of the recipes have the old ww points values. How do you calculate them into points plus values…..thanks!

Wendy May 28, 2011 at 11:13 am

We went to the Brewers game and tailgated. We made the Cheesy Steak sandwiches on the grill served on whole wheat buns. Delish! No leftovers either.

Josie May 28, 2011 at 1:37 pm

YUM! I want to eat it all!! LOL I can’t wait to try and make all of these over time of course! :) How was the movie?

Lindy May 28, 2011 at 4:11 pm

Thanks for these Danica,Hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day :)!

Leslie Whitehurst May 29, 2011 at 4:47 pm

I made the Quick & Easy Slow Cooker Baked Beans for dinner tonight and they are so yummy! I actually used dried Northern beans that I soaked overnight and then cooked for a couple of hours before I added the rest of the ingredients. I also added more turkey kielbasa and made this our main dish. My guys love it! Thanks for the recipe.

DanicasDaily May 30, 2011 at 9:27 am

Hi Janel,

As I am working on my new recipe organizer, I am calculating the new points+ values for all my recipes. If you see the nutritional information listed (which I tried to do on most recipes), then, you can calculate the points+ using that. If not, I would use Weight Watchers Recipe Builder or Caloriecount.com to calculate the nutritional stats. If you have a certain recipe in mind you’d like to know the points+ for, just let me know and I’d be glad to calculate it.

Thanks,

DanicasDaily May 30, 2011 at 9:28 am

Hi Josie,

You know we didn’t end up seeing The Hangover 2 because people were lined up to get into the shows for the next 3 viewings – crazy, huh?! So, we saw Bridemaids instead and it was hilarious!

holly May 25, 2012 at 7:58 am

danica babe!

thanks for the shoutout! hope you are doing well – happy memorial day weekend!!!

Janetha May 29, 2012 at 9:11 am

You always have the best recipe roundup ideas for holidays :) LOVE YOU! MISS YOU! So glad you are on instagram!