Healthy Super Bowl Recipes & Menu Ideas

by DanicasDaily on January 28, 2013

It’s almost Super Bowl Time and several of you have asked me for some Weight Watcher Points Plus Friendly Recipes.  I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite blogger recipes and to browse my recipe section to give you all a bunch of ideas you could make or take to your Super Bowl Party!  I picked out everything from Grab & Go Appetizers to healthy salads, Main Dishes, grilling options, Slow Cookin’ and, of course, dessert!

With all this Meal Planning and Weekly Menus talk lately, I couldn’t pass up bringing back one of my favorite recipe recaps from the archives for you all this year ~ After all, I need to support my home team ~ Go Niners!

The best part about these recipes ~ they are all points+/calorie friendly, easy to make and deeeeliciooouuus!!!!

TWO things I highly recommend that EVERY Weight Watcher have at their parties in addition to any of the treats below are BIG POWER FOODS TRAYS!!

clip_image019

These two options give you something you can go back to over and over again!

VEGETABLE TRAY ~ Mix Fat Free Greek Yogurt with Ranch for a quick dip

FRUIT TRAY ~ Use your FAVORITE flavored Chobani Greek Yogurt for dip!

COCKTAILS!!

image16 (1)

GRAB ~ N ~ GO

HEALTHY SALADS

MAKE IT A MEAL

SLOW COOKIN’

image4_thumb (1)

EASY DESSERTS!

119

Don’t forget, you can always COOK with BEER & drink it too!

image45 (1)

RECIPES ~ QUICK TIP

If you click any of the recipe names above, it will take you to the recipe to Print it! or to the post if I have not added it to my recipes tab.  If you want to get the step-by-step for the recipe, then, click the Full Post on the recipe page as noted in yellow in the picture below.

What is your FAVORITE “Treat to Eat” On Super Bowl Sunday?

Let’s all build one awesome list we can use to give each other ideas to be successful this “Football Season”!

Catch ya’all later!

mary (what's cookin' with mary) February 3, 2011 at 9:43 am

Thanks for this list Danica. Was thinking about bringing a giant platter of Mexican 7 Layer Dip… Love that stuff and then I can make it as healthy as I want so I know there’ll be something for me to wat at the party ;) Hello TJ’s flax chips.. those are healthy, right ? hehe!

Kate February 3, 2011 at 9:44 am

Where are the desserts??? That’s the best part!

DanicasDaily January 28, 2012 at 8:46 pm

I added them this time!

Christin@purplebirdblog February 3, 2011 at 10:13 am

Nice list!

renee@mykitchenadventures February 3, 2011 at 10:25 am

I’ve got a dessert for your list….”Less Guilt” Brownies! 3p+ each!

Biz February 3, 2011 at 10:26 am

Thanks for the shout out!! Wow, so many great links – thanks Danica! :D

Jen February 3, 2011 at 12:11 pm

Delicious recipes! I don’t even know when the super bowl is…

Melissa February 3, 2011 at 1:22 pm

I think i’m going to make Buffalo Chicken Lasagna or Buffalo turkey burgers. We love both in our house and I don’t make either of them nearly enough!

Colleen February 3, 2011 at 5:40 pm

Melissa-you must share the recipes for both Buffalo. Sounds yummy.

Tami February 3, 2011 at 6:44 pm

Wow that is an awesome list! Checking out those links will keep me busy for quite some time.

I make some oven fried chicken nuggets that are amazing, crunchy and golden brown. I have made them for parties and serve them with different flavored ketchups and mustards in little ramekins. They are a huge hit with everyone!

The recipe and photos are on my blog,

Holly February 4, 2011 at 9:45 am

thanks for the linkback love – GO PACK GO!! :)

Elise February 4, 2011 at 11:23 am

gooooo packers!!!

nice compilation of yummies!!

Cindy February 4, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Live in Monterey, CA now…but born & raised in Wisconsin………GO PACKERS!!!!
Thanks for the great Super Bowl ideas.

janetha February 5, 2011 at 12:20 am

thanks for the linkbacks! this is an amazing compilation. like, wow.

also, i miss you!

Kristi January 28, 2012 at 10:39 pm

I soooooo love you, Danica. I’ve been waiting for your list. Last year I made Zesty’s pork sandwiches in my slow cooker for the superbowl, and was just telling my husband today that we should have those again this year. But wait!! Enchiladas!! Oh, the choices. You make weight watchers eating so fun. Thanks for always keeping me on plan but also able to enjoy cooking (and eating!!). You rock, sistah!!

DanicasDaily January 29, 2012 at 8:16 pm

Ohhhhh, I have been dreaming about Zesty’s Slow Cooker BBQ Pork ~ I need to make that again. The enchiladas are awesome too! Thanks so much for the compliments :)

Pat January 29, 2012 at 8:55 am

Thanks for the fantastic list!! I will love trying these.

sally January 29, 2012 at 10:42 am

Whats this go packers…aren’ they out of it…i was rooting for the 49ers…great ideas now i can write my menu. Thx

DanicasDaily January 29, 2012 at 8:17 pm

Sally ~ I updated my list from last year to add the new things I would make for this year’s Super Bowl. When I did that, it brought over all the comments from last year….along with the Go Packers part :)

ErinK. January 29, 2012 at 11:38 am

Hey Danica,

Thanks for all of the yummy recipes to try. I love stuffed mushrooms, but am allergic to shellfish. Do you think that the stuffed mushrooms would work with chicken? Thanks!

DanicasDaily January 29, 2012 at 8:18 pm

Erin,

You could just omit the shellfish or use chicken. Here is another recipe that I made for stuffed mushrooms that does not include ANY seafood to give you a different version to make.

Biz January 29, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Thanks again for the shout out with my buffalo chicken chili – I think of my close to 750,000 page views on my blog, that recipe alone has about 100,000 all to itself!

Hope you are having a great weekend!

DanicasDaily January 29, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Biz,

I think all your recipes should have that many pageviews ~ they always make me wish I was at your house to have you cook for me :)

XO,

Lori January 30, 2012 at 1:23 pm

I’ll take one of everything please!!!! This is a post I have to save forever… :p

Gail H. January 29, 2013 at 4:13 am

WOW awesome list! Now to decide which ones to make! Pinterest and my printer are humming :)

patty January 29, 2013 at 7:56 am

I think I am doing something wrong. I have clicked on 2 different recipes, but only comments show up. Could you help me? Thanks so much

DanicasDaily February 2, 2013 at 8:12 am

Hi Patty,

Can you let me know which recipes are not working for you? I’d be glad to send you the direct links.

Thanks,

Biz January 29, 2013 at 8:09 am

I love this round up Danica! Thanks for the shout out too – I just made my buffalo chicken chili for my office a couple weeks ago – always a hit!

Love the idea of drinking a glass of water between drinks – I am definitely going to do that! :D

carla sue January 29, 2013 at 1:06 pm

My family loves your bubble up casserole, a staple in our family dinners now!
I love this post, all the favorites on one page!

Kim | At Home With Kim January 30, 2013 at 7:06 am

VERY anxious to try some of these…. Just pinned!

Emily January 30, 2013 at 2:44 pm

Has anyone told you how awesome you are? So nice of you to put this list together.
Thanks!