How to make an Egg White Fluffy

by DanicasDaily on January 14, 2011

HAPPY WEEEKEND EVERYONE!!!  One of my FAVORITE readers asked me how I get my “egg whites” fluffy so I figured it would be a good time to do an Egg White Fluffy Tutorial…..they are so simple to make, protein packed and just 1 Points+

I like using Trader Joe’s 100% Liquid Egg Whites because I NEVER know what to do with all those yolks.

Trader Joe's Egg Whites

The COOLEST part of egg whites ~ 1/3 cup = 1 points+ and they are made with ONLY egg whites..

Weight Watchers Egg Points Plus

I start off by spraying a small ramekin dish with nonstick spray.

ramekin

Measure out your 1/3 cup egg whites, add sea salt, black pepper and HOT SAUCE.

egg whites in the microwave

Depending on the power of your microwave, cook for 1 – 1 /12 minutes until cooked through and there is nothing slimy on top.  The microwave I used is 1,000 watts and I cook it for 1 minute, 15 seconds.

Quick breakfast ideas

Place your plate on top and flip ~ Tadah!!! Instant poofy protein packed Egg White Fluffy.

How to microwave eggs

Whenever you have eggs, you should have BACON!  Trader Joe’s 97% FF Turkey Bacon that is (2 Points+).  I added an orange (instead of juice) on the side.

Can you believe my ENTIRE breakfast clocked in at only 3 points+ and kept me full for 4 hours?! Awesome!

Bacon

Do you ever think that something will look super cool in your head, until you “pile it on a plate” and take a picture?

Ummm, that was today and I was so tired, I didn’t care…you all will understand. LOL

All I wanted for lunch was snacks so that is exactly what I had.

Trader Joe’s Social Crackers (8 for 3 points+)

Trader Joe's Crackers

TJ’s Sharp Cheddar Squares (4 for 4 points+)

Weight Watchers Cheese

Fruit Salad….Banana and cuties = ZERO!!!!

Weight Watchers Snacks

Then, I thought this Artichoke Jalapeno dip sounded good with carrots, but, it really wasn’t good at all.  I ate the carrots and left the dip saving myself 2 points+.

Life is too short to waste your points+ on foods that don’t taste good.

Artichoke Dip

I had planned on cooking dinner for us tonight when we ended up having to help some friends out with moving their cars between towns.  On the way back, we stopped to have a “fiesta” at Vasquez Deli (my 2nd favorite Mexican Food Place).

Mexican Food

The thing I LOVE the MOST about their tacos is their homemade tortillas.  I could probably just have them plop a stack of those in front of me and be content Smile

I actually branched out from my usual Chicken Tacos and had 2 beef tacos for 12 points+.

Beef Tacos

We are hosting our VERY FIRST GIVEAWAY EVER on Friends for Weight Loss!  So, if you want to score some Weight Watchers loot, or more importantly, the COOLEST SERVING SPOONS EVER…head on over there now and enter!

I LOVED reading all of your favorite things to do on the weekend….I found myself nodding my head yes as I read them all.  I think overall ~ sleeping in and not having a schedule to go by wins!

Q’s

Since it’s the weekend ~ If you were to win the $50 million in the LOTTO tomorrow, what is the FIRST thing you would do?

I’d like to think I’d be responsible you know and pay off our house, but, part of me would probably be inclined to say I’d book my next vacation and be on a plane travelling the next day ~ just sayin’!

Let the BIRTHDAY countdown begin Open-mouthed smile

Amanda (Eating Up) January 14, 2011 at 9:57 pm

I microwaved two eggs just yesterday. They came out super fluffy!

Roz January 14, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Your breakfast makes me want to get to the border right now and go to Trader Joe’s!! (it’s a good hour and a half drive for us!)
$50 million? I’d pay off our debts, pay the debts of some of our family and friends, then go on a trip somewhere warm and quiet to think about what we want to do next in our life!
Have a great weekend.

Jennifer@ knackfornutrition January 14, 2011 at 10:14 pm

I would open my own gym so that I could be my own boss. :) I would probably also pay the parental units back for college. It just seems like the right thing to do.

Carbzilla January 14, 2011 at 10:45 pm

I love micro eggs but now you got me to fry them in a pan. I’ve gotten to love flat eggs! I’m totally getting those egg whites.

Soooooo, I stayed totally the same at my meeting today. I’m eating within my points and snowshoed for 3 hours last weekend. WTH? I’m thinking I better go back to my Naturopath! 5 weeks on WW, and I’ve only lost 1.4? I’m wondering if my body’s freaking out that I’m eating dairy again?

Anyhoo, it just makes me more committed to the program and try whatever tweaks I think may work. Have a great one!

maria @ Chasing the Now January 15, 2011 at 12:09 am

The tacos you had look so good. Guess it’s a good thing I planned on Mexican tonight because I’m certainly craving it now!

Jessamyn January 15, 2011 at 5:08 am

Your egg whites idea is so awesome! I have major issues with eggs- I absolutely love them, but can’t stand for them to be even the slightest bit runny. This seems like if you make sure to cook them long enough then it’s unlikely they will become runny. However, I actually don’t own a microwave (It’s one of my experiments- I also don’t own a television), so i’ll keep cooking my eggs on the stove.

Fifty Million? Pay off my parent’s debts, buy them a new house and new cars, and set up a trust so they can retire. Pay for me and my brother’s college and grad school debt, and buy him a new car. I’d buy an apartment in NYC, and a house in Greensboro, NC (my hometown). I’d invest half of the original 50 million in real estate and the stock market, and then take at least one year off from work and school to travel across the globe.

(Can you tell I’ve thought about this quite a bit? :) )

Marisa @ Loser for Life January 15, 2011 at 7:15 am

I make my egg whites like that for my breakfast sandwiches. It’s so easy and fits perfectly on the english muffin!!!

You are so right, Danica – life is too short to eat food that doesn’t taste good!! I have to remind myself of that sometimes!

Tona January 15, 2011 at 9:06 am

I have to know how do you stay on any sort of budget? Do you buy everything at TJoe’s? We have Costco here and I can get my fake egg’s and many other things. So any tips for eating well on a budget…I have 2 kiddos to feed/hubby too. I do it but its tough….

Christina January 15, 2011 at 9:10 am

Hi I’m new to your blog and really love all the healthy recipes. I hope you don’t mind me adding you as one of my favorite blogs.

Susan January 15, 2011 at 9:40 am

I’m 48 yo and never owned a house, always rented. So, my first major purchase would be a house. Second, my son’s college loans from Penn State total about $57,000, so I would pay those off. Then I’d put money away for my daughter’s college, buy an SUV, take my family on a dream vacation .. and then I’d have to split the rest up among my family to help them out as well.

Josie January 15, 2011 at 9:46 am

First thing I’d do is pay off our trailer that is our last “debt” !! Than I would buy a house near my mom in Ventura! There is so much other things I would want to do as well.
Now you tell us about the egg whites I was at TJ’s yesterday I got the crackers and cheese now I NEED egg whites oooh and I got the bacon!! LOL I might stop after Roller Skating today wonder how many AP I will earn????

NORMA DIFAZIO January 15, 2011 at 12:38 pm

It’s so funny that you would mentioned this…just after that cute little couple won the $188 million…I started “dreaming” of what I would do with that type of money. Let’s see…put $100 million in the bank…to live off of and save for future generations. Then I would take the $88 million and give to my favorite charities, family and friends. It sure is fun to dream!!!!

Susie Bee on Maui (Eat LIttle, Eat Big) January 15, 2011 at 12:41 pm

What a great way to cook eggwhites! I always have a container in the fridge as I never know what to do with egg yolks either.

Lotto jackpot-hmmm; pay off the mortgage, pay off the parents mortgage, establish some charitable trusts for favorite charities, take everyone on a great family vacation, buy my kids each a house/condo…

Betsy January 15, 2011 at 4:29 pm

Love Love Vasquez Deli too when my husband and I come thru we always stop and have our own fiesta!

nicole January 15, 2011 at 6:03 pm

i was just talking to my best friend about this yesterday, and she had this wonderful idea…. so i’ll share her idea. first, she’d buy a large chunk of land and divide out lots. then build a bunch of beautiful homes on them. gate the whole big area putting in a community pool and fun bike riding trails and other fun family things. and then she’d give the houses to very, very special people in her life. they’d be responisble for the upkeep of their own house and utilities each month… but everything else would be paid for. essentially, it’s a master-planned community for the friends and family you love most!!!! it would be so awesome to share it that way, taking care of all the people you love most … like a little piece of heaven.

janetha @ meals and moves January 16, 2011 at 10:26 am

i love egg white fluffies! they are so tasty. putting laughing cow in there is my favorite. if i won that money the FIRST thing i would do is go on a trip. and that would be the second, third, fourth and fifth thing, too ;)

Melissa Cohoe January 17, 2011 at 8:02 am

Winning the Lotto would give me FINANCIAL FREEDOM!

carol January 17, 2011 at 12:42 pm

Loved the fluffy egg whites tutorial AND the nice shout-out! Now, if I only had a microwave. Rats. I am going to make my egg whites look like yours if it takes me forever and a day. Thank you, lovely D !!

Susie Bee on Maui (Eat LIttle, Eat Big) January 25, 2011 at 12:44 pm

Just wanted to let you know I made the fluffy eggwhites with some turkey pepperoni and LF cheese-DELISH!
Gave you some blog love too.