I have the most creative……

by DanicasDaily on February 14, 2012

Husband!!!! How many of you all could’ve guessed that one?! For all those who emailed wondering what he would do this year……I think this year he might have topped his Human Card and My Garden Box aka The Love Garden.  This year actually all goes back to that whole Rainbow Story & the infamous Rainbow Cake!

I get up a lot earlier than him since I typically hop on the treadmill at 5 am to get my calorie burn on.  After working out and sneaking about putting up all his Valentine’s day stuff, I hopped in the shower.

I sort of “freaked” out because as I was rinsing my hair, I heard the bathroom door open & close, but, NOBODY was there…..I opened the shower door and saw this sitting on the counter…..

I totally started laughing out loud and went to “wake” him up….He told me he was still “night night” so I went in the kitchen and next to my coffee cup was a Unicorn!

Yup, he totally bought an ENTIRE pack of Valentine’s cards, write personalized messages in each and strategically left them all over the house, in my jacket pocket, lunch bag……

As I continued getting ready for work, he told me he had some “mail” for me and brought this to me….My very own personal mail box!

Complete with Rainbows to keep up with my childhood theme!

And mail too, of course!

Yup, those are ALL little heart stickers too!

But, wait….it gets better!  He actually ran outside while I was in the shower to decorate Scooter too!  I was totally busting up when I walked up to the door and saw MORE Hearts!

And MORE Valentine’s on the steering wheel, shifter, seat!

Taken with my phone from Scooters window…I totally didn’t even realize until now that one of the hearts lined up perfectly on him.

2012-02-14_07-21-19_414

I thought he was all done with surprises until I walked in the door tonight……and saw more hearts!

He baked cupcakes for practice he said….Birthday cake

Don’t they look professional?! They taste pretty amazing too & 110% worth indulging in….

Bought me Red heartHeart PlatesRed heart to feed my random plate collection ~ I can’t wait to use them!!!

And, quite possibly one of my favorite things ever ~ He actually MADE this Rainbow Heart that lights up!

Seriously ~ it’s the little things!  It doesn’t have to be big or expensive or fancy…..it’s all those little things that add up to make this one of the BEST Valentine’s Days I’ve ever had! I Red heart him!!!

Happy Hearts Day all ~ Thanks for always reading, sharing your comments and Goals!, encouraging me and being a part of my daily adventures.Red heart

Ok, I promise I am all done with the mushy gushy stuff!  I will be back tomorrow with my 1 points+ Strawberry Mini Muffin & Whipped Strawberry Cream Cheese Recipes!

Gail H. February 15, 2012 at 4:15 am

OMG, he’s such a keeper! Can’t wait to show the light up heart to my husband!! Glad you enjoyed your day!

Shannon Z. February 15, 2012 at 5:39 am

That’s AWESOME! So sweet! I’m glad you had a great Valentine’s Day!

Kathy February 15, 2012 at 6:37 am

I had the same thought as Gail and was going to write “He’s a keeper” but I can’t now because she did, but……………I guess I did anyway. So glad you had a great day. Love the plates!!!

Carbzilla February 15, 2012 at 7:28 am

So cute! Those cupcakes are very very impressive. It’s so fun to do for others. I made the superhero Tootsie Pops for my coworkers, and we’re heading off to Phoenix for a nice getaway. I did get the new iPhone from my honey. So practical and romantic!

I went back to WW last weekend for the first time since July. I’m up double digits but at least I’m back. I’m also working out again so it will happen. I just can’t face the alternative and clearly for me it takes exercise and diet to stay in a normal weight range. Thank goodness for WW!

monica February 15, 2012 at 8:11 am

It’s official. He’s the cutest husband ever!

Lori Smith February 15, 2012 at 8:34 am

he is so sweet and so thoughtful! what a wonderful valentine you have there!

Lisa Miller February 15, 2012 at 8:45 am

My husband sent me roses and he sent my boss a carnation with a beautiful butterfly decorative vase. He didn’t want her to feel left out when my flowers came. What a sweetheart. I’d say we both have AWESOME AND CARING HUSBANDS.

sarah@spinachandspice February 15, 2012 at 8:46 am

Oh my! This is adorable! I love love love when people put thought, not money, into presents! Makes all the difference in the world, and shows they truly care! We’ll keep him around ;)

Pat February 15, 2012 at 8:54 am

Dear Danica,
What a lovely relationship the two of you have. He reminds me of someone in Nicolas Spark’s books. SO – romantic. He is a lucky man to have you and you are even luckier to have such a wonderful awesome husband.
I, too, am lucky to have a wonderful, thoughtful husband of 40 years. And, I hope for many many more.

Von February 15, 2012 at 8:58 am

Your husband is too sweet.

He needs to write book on how to be an awesome husband.

OR

He needs to be cloned. LOL!!! :)

Patsy February 15, 2012 at 9:10 am

So sweet. It’s the little things that grab my heart the most!! He’s a keeper for sure!!!

Robyn @ Blueberries and Oats February 15, 2012 at 11:10 am

I think we’re all a little jealous now… ~.^

janetha February 15, 2012 at 12:30 pm

Haha, Jay never fails to impress!

Theresa February 15, 2012 at 2:07 pm

All I can say is: Does he have a brother?

DanicasDaily February 25, 2012 at 12:08 pm

He does have an older brother but he is married :)

Roz@weightingfor50 February 15, 2012 at 4:22 pm

That man of yours is a keeper!!!

Tami @Nutmeg Notebook February 15, 2012 at 5:40 pm

Very cute and so sweet! You are right it’t the little things that count and make us feel special. I once took the little red foil heart stickers and stuck them on everything that hubby would come in contact with through out his day, including his wallet!

ang- February 15, 2012 at 6:20 pm

Seriously… you have the best husband ever! :-)

Susan February 15, 2012 at 8:37 pm

He raises the bar! Come on guys..get it together, being romantic is not that hard,. It requires some planning and thoughtfulness.

Terri February 15, 2012 at 11:28 pm

Wow…. what a great guy!! I want to know how to make that rainbow heart!!!

Life's a Bowl February 17, 2012 at 6:21 am

Oh em gee, make my heart melt! Your husband def did VDay right :D I’m all about the little, personal things versus the big, over the top extravagant stuff- much more meaningful!