Happy Biggest Loser Day or what should be Biggest Loser Day if the wind didn’t mess up your cable, internet and phone! Oh well, it totally gives me something to look forward to tomorrow. Since I managed to leave my camera at work on my way to rush out to catch the train, tonight’s post is going to be all about the super fun and delicious dinner we had.
I am really trying to be good about using up our leftovers in creative ways versus just freezing everything or tossing it out. We still had a package of Won Tons leftover from the Creamy Pumpkin Pie Bites and a bunch of containers in the fridge from our Taco Salad Pizza night.
I am a FAN of anything that is bite sized and mini, but, especially when they come in low points+ bites that are loaded with all of my favorite nacho toppings. Crunchy “taco shells”, spicy turkey taco meat, creamy beans, sweet cherry peppers, cheese, olives, hot sauce and more ~ Yes, please!
Did I mention that it takes less than 30 minutes to make these cups from start to finish??? What are you waiting for ~ go get your Taco Salad Cups on!
INDIVIDUAL TACO SALAD CUPS (print it!)
- 10 Thin Won Ton Wrappers (New Hong Kong Won Tons have the lowest points+!)
- 1/2 cup fat free refried beans, warmed
- 1/2 cup ground turkey taco meat, cooked
- 1 oz low fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 Tbsp black olives & sweet cherry peppers, sliced
- 1 Tbsp 0% Greek Yogurt, drizzled (it’s your sour cream!)
- Hot sauce and cilantro to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a large muffin pan with nonstick spray and line with won ton wrappers. Bake for 3-4 minutes or until golden and browned. Make sure to watch the won tons because they cook quickly.
2. Layer up your taco salads! Start by placing 1 tsp of beans and meat into each “taco shell”. Then, top with lettuce, tomatoes, olives, cherry peppers and cheese.
3. Place Greek yogurt into a Ziploc baggie and cut off a small corner. Drizzle over taco salads. Top with a dash of hot sauce and cilantro, if using, and dig in.
Makes 10 Individual Taco Salads, 1 points+ each
Note ~ For those wondering ~ It is 10 points+ for the ENTIRE plate ~ DEAL!
Nutritional information per Individual Taco Salad
STEP – BY – STEP
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Spray each muffin cup with nonstick spray, then, line with one won ton pressing down to for a mini taco shell.
Bake for 3-4 minutes, remove, plate and your taco shells are ready to be filled.
Divide the refried beans evenly among the taco shells.
Layer on your taco meat ~ this is excellent when you want something different after you had tacos, burritos or nachos the night before.
Make if vegetarian using Soy Crumbles or Soyrizo!
Bulk up your salads with some green….
Then, layer in all your favorite toppings ~ I went with pickled sweet cherry peppers (like jalapenos), crunchy, fresh sweet yellow peppers, cilantro and olives.
Drizzled with my 0 points+ Greek Yogurt Sour Cream and hot sauce.
Don’t forget the cheese!!! I added it at the end because I did which might be a sign you don’t need it.
These are just as fun to make as they are to eat ~ they can work as an appetizer or make it a meal and eat the entire plate.
As you all know, I have a pretty big fascination with Won Tons and finding all the different ways I can use them. So, tonight’s question is…..if you had a crunchy won ton shell sitting in front of you right now, what would you put in it?
One thought came to mind….bananas and nutella!
On that note ~ Night all!