It was everything I “dreamt” it would be…..

by DanicasDaily on March 7, 2011

Happy Monday all!  Last night I actually told The Husband I really wanted to have pancakes with bacon while watching Iron Chef at 10 PM.  He said he was going to tell me that sounded good and he doesn’t even like pancakes.  They were not even cooking pancakes on the show, but, for some reason I wanted them right then and there.

Don’t worry ~ I resisted firing up the griddle and went to bed a little hungry.  I actually may have even dreamed about pancakes and syrup and butter and if we had bananas to put on top (which we don’t) LOL.

This morning, I decided to bust out the BEST FLAPJACK Mix in Salt Lake City recommended by Janetha at Meals and Moves ~ Kodiak Cakes.

Whole Wheat FlapJack Mix

I LOVE the ingredient list and that they use “oat flour” which I use in every pancake I make.

Whole Wheat Waffle Mix

2 pancakes for 4 points+ is pretty darn good too!

Whole Wheat Waffles

Only somehow I added way too much water so I ended up with 8 thing pancakes.  They were still AMAZING!!!

I had 4 “thin cakes” topped with 1 Tbsp drizzled PURE Maple Syrup, 1 Tbsp Whipped Butter and some berries. (8 mouthwatering points+)

Weight Watchers Pancake Recipes

With a size of Trader Joe’s Peppered Turkey Bacon ~ 3 slices for 1 point+!  It’s been TOO LONG since I’ve had this bacon!

Low pointplus bacon

Delicious and everything I “dreamt” it would be.

This breakfast kept me full for 6 hours and I wasn’t starving when I got back from my lunchtime walk ~ awesome!

Weight Watchers Sunday Breakfasts

Lunch today and most likely tomorrow will look exactly like what I had yesterday.  Even though it’s totally doughy and mushy, this Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Butter tasted better today (6 points+)

Weight Watchers Quick Lunch Ideas

Plus a HUGE Bowl of “Spicy Peanut Asian Slaw” ~ 1 1/2 cups organic broccoli slaw, 1/2 cup shredded carrots, 2 Tbsp Trader Joe’s Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette, crushed red pepper flakes (2 points+)

Weight Watchers Cole Slaw Recipes

I wasn’t really hungry this afternoon per say, but, my mouth wanted something.  I received this Weight Watchers Lemon Mousse Pie Bar as a sample in my meeting on Sunday.

Weight Watchers Lemon Bars

This is WHY I do not buy Weight Watchers bars too often ~ the ingredient list is SO LONG and I cannot pronounce a lot of the things in the bar.  I WISH they would just use real ingredients so I could play along Smile

Weight Watchers 2 pointplus bar review

That being said ~ this was delicious!  It’s tart like a lemon bar, yet crunchy.  It didn’t fill me up because they are small, but, it was a nice “treat”.

Weight Watchers Lemon Mousse Bar

Dinner tonight wasn’t fancy at all, but, it was EXACTLY what I was craving!

BBQ Chicken x’s 2 (3 points+) ~ topped with the last of my Gayle’s Sweet & Sassy Apple Cider Smoke BBQ Sauce…..I am so sad my Gayle’s is gone ~ must find more ASAP!

Gayle's Sweet & Sassy BBQ Sauce

Trader Joe’s Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes! 6 points+ because I had a double serving.

Trader Joe's Au Gratin Potatoes

Grilled Asparagus topped with garlic salt and freshly ground black pepper.

weight watchers asparagus recipes

NEW AT FRIENDS FOR WEIGHT LOSS

* Shannon shared another COOKIE RECIPE ~2 point+  ALMOND WHITE CHOCOLATE COOKIES!  I am totally buying white chocolate chips just to make these tomorrow!

Q’s

Do you ever “dream” about something you want to make and can’t wait to make it the next day?

Ok, I know I am weird because I think about food all day long ~ I blame all the recipes that show up in my inbox though.  I can honestly say as I go to sleep I plan out my entire days food in my head each night and I usually can’t wait to dig in the next day….Maybe that’s why I ALWAYS wake up starving Winking smile

Off to finish watching The Bachelor Tell All ~ I actually kind of feel bad for crazy Michele.

1 Christin@purplebirdblog March 8, 2011 at 12:59 am

BBQ chicken legs and asparagus is one of my favorites, and now my tummy is growling! :)

2 Monica March 8, 2011 at 4:07 am

I always think and dream about food. I am constantly deciding what to eat later in the day or the next day or the next week. I figured I had some kind of eating disorder/obsession. Good to know I’m not the only one.
Your dinner looked delicious.

3 Lauren March 8, 2011 at 4:35 am

The Kodiak Cakes are the best mix I’ve ever used. You should also try some of their other products, like the cookies and brownie mixes.

Ugh, that irks me about WW too! Sure, we’ll make a 100 cal candy bar but it’s also going to be nothing along the lines of real food. I think I would rather eat a real candy bar for a little extra calories.

4 Marisa @ Loser for Life March 8, 2011 at 5:44 am

You are in good company, Danica! I think about food all day, too. I grew up with a family that, at breakfast, talked about what we were having for lunch, at lunch, talked about what we were having for dinner, and at dinner talked about what we were having for breakfast the next day. It’s a sickness, I know. Maybe we should form a support group :)

5 Marcia March 8, 2011 at 7:08 am

I’m also always thinking about the next meal while I’m eating the current one. Lately, I’ve been making lists of ingredients I have to buy for my next Danica recipe and then trying to figure out when I will make it!

6 brandi March 8, 2011 at 7:27 am

Yum! I’ve heard so much about Kodiak mixes, but I can’t get them around here. They look great!

PS: I don’t have all the details yet, but there’s something huge and fun going on during BlogHer Food – you’re still going, right? :)

7 renee@mykitchenadventures March 8, 2011 at 8:19 am

I agree with you on the WW products Danica…I just don’t get it…they want to promote healthy eating, yet constantly churn out these things full of chemicals…and man oh man, ppl DO eat them up…literally. They COULD make things with REAL ingredients, if they spent a few more of the dollars WE pay them each week! haha have a great day!

8 Tamra March 8, 2011 at 9:50 am

I have been trying to eat healthier and find myself reading the labels alot more since reading your blog. It is surprising all of the “unnatural” ingredients that go into most of WW’s products.

9 Roz March 8, 2011 at 10:32 am

I thought the same thing about the WW products. Crazy! That said, I’d be up to try the lemon mousse pie flavour. They haven’t made it up our way yet. Have a great day Danica!!!

10 Lindy March 8, 2011 at 10:44 am

I don’t think you are weird and I think endeavoring to eat healthy makes anyone think about food even more. You are trying to think up or find recipes you can use ,ect… I love strawberries on pancakes and those that you made look so delightful! The lemon bar looks good ,I love lemon things but yes boo on the long list of ingredients. I have dreamed of making something quite a few times before, once it was pizza because I was craving a “real” one so much but I did use whole wheat crust.

11 Erica D (Gratitouille) March 8, 2011 at 12:10 pm

I often dream about pancakes, and then I’m dissappointed when they don’t live up to my dreams! I like them stuffed with fruit, doused with cinnamon, and topped with yogurt AND syrup. :)

12 Megan@Dirty Dishes Daily March 8, 2011 at 12:34 pm

I am always think of food…it drives me crazy. One of my favorite things is to look up recipes on line when I have some down time.

13 Jes March 8, 2011 at 12:51 pm

I just stumbled upon your blog a few weeks ago while searching for ww+ recipes, and I LOVE it! I find myself comming back daily to find recipes and fun things to make, i’m not big on cooking, and I love that you make really yummy things that don’t feel so daunting for me to try as well. Thanks so much for your blog!

14 sarah March 8, 2011 at 5:51 pm

hey danica,
as a fellow TJ’s obsessor, I stocked up on the peppered turkey bacon as soon as I found it.
however, i can’t seem to get the bacon to the right texture!
how do you cook yours, any suggestions?

15 Melissa @ TryingToHeal March 8, 2011 at 7:17 pm

i kept thinking about pancakes last week and finally gave into them this weekend! i’m not a huge cravings person though…i never know what i want until i’m hungry and need to eat. and then it turns into everything in the kitchen. not the best thing but hey, means i can eat anything that’s there! haha!

16 TracyP March 8, 2011 at 8:15 pm

It’s funny. I don’t dream about what I will eat the next day but I wake up thinking about it. Then I look forward to cooking whatever it is and digging in.

17 Biz March 8, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Danica – thanks for the reminder about the TJ’s bacon – I completely forgot about it!!

18 DanicasDaily March 9, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Hi Sarah,

I cooked my turkey bacon in the microwave. I place a single layer of slices on two paper towels, top with another paper towel and place in the microwave. I cook it about 1 minute per slice give/take. Some microwaves take more and some less. My work one only needs 30 seconds per slice.

It is deliciously crispy every time!

19 Melissa March 10, 2011 at 7:43 am

I love that Kodiak Cakes flapjack mix, but its near impossible to find here :-( I can find the cookie and brownie mix alot easier.

I like lemon stuff, but I thought the bar was way too sweet. I should have know better to take the sample, I usually dont. I don’t buy their stuff either