Just another reason to LOVE Trader Joe’s!

by DanicasDaily on March 6, 2012

Happy Tuesday all!  I think it’s AWESOME that you all are just as excited as I am to try out the 3 NEW Chobani Greek Yogurt Flavors. Today I was double spoiled by The Husband ~ he “made” my breakfast, snack pack and lunch!

As I was getting ready, he brought me a bowl of berries and a banana!

Plus 2 slices of Trader Joe’s Peppered Turkey Bacon (2 points+)

Mid-morning snackage ~ 1/2 oz Salt & Vinegar Almonds, a Cabot Pepper Jack Cheese and a nectarine (3 points+).

Lunch involved another Trader Joe’s product that I have completely fallen IN LOVE with ~ Trader Ming’s Chicken & Vegetable WonTon Soup!

REAL ingredients!!

5 points+ for the ENTIRE bowl!

I LOVE that it’s packed with won tons ~ you get a lot, plus a few crunchy veggies.  I totally “dotted” my soup with sriracha!

Simple side salad topped with 1 Tbsp Black Peppered Almonds and 1 Tbsp Trader Joe’s Low-Fat Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette (2 points+).

Remember these??? Dessert ~ Joe’s Sea Salted Dark Chocolate Caramels (2 points+)

I pretty much snacked my way through the afternoon crunching away on more delicious Mandarin Orange Slices.

This bag had almost all whole pieces!!! I LOVE these (2 points+).

The Husband decided tonight that he likes Kale Chips!  We snacked on an entire bunch while we fired up the grill for dinner. (1 points+)

We decided to test out this J. Lee Roy’s Dippin’ HOT BBQ Sauce tonight.

IMG_5051IMG_5054IMG_5055

2 BBQ Chicken Drumsticks ~ sweet, spicy and honestly super HOT! (5 points+)

1/2 cup Healthier Potato Salad (3 points+)

Plus grilled asparagus.

I am pretty sure I could eat BBQ Chicken like every night of the week!  Don’t worry, we are all out of chicken now Open-mouthed smile

Q’s

What is one meal and/or food you could eat all the time and NEVER get tired of?

This is a tough one because I LOVE all food ~ I’d have to say CHEESE, mac n cheese, bread then BACON, BLTA’s ~ all of the above!

The Husband says all steak all the time followed up with Fruity Pebbles LOL.

1 Robyn @ Blueberries and Oats March 6, 2012 at 10:09 pm

Peanut butter and banana. Could live off it!

2 Phyllis March 6, 2012 at 11:10 pm

I cannot wait for Trader Joe’s to open in Texas. I will be taking your Trader Joe list with me! Favorite meal – grilled steak and loaded baked potato. Oh and chocolate cake. See why I am on ww? LOL

3 Celine March 7, 2012 at 2:40 am

Definitely bread and chesse for me. Those two are my weaknesses actually ! lol

4 leah March 7, 2012 at 4:15 am

I cant live without pizza!!! Jalapenos!!!! Cheese!!

5 Life's a Bowl March 7, 2012 at 4:39 am

I spotted that wonton soup the other day at TJ’s! Didn’t pick it up but should have! I like making a homemade wonton soup using their frozen dumplings :D

Foods I could eat everyday and never get sick of: bread, fruit, salads, yogurt… And fro-yo :D Can’t choose just one!

6 Libby March 7, 2012 at 4:50 am

I LOVE bread, cheese and potatoes!!!

7 Jeannie Royack March 7, 2012 at 6:00 am

Danica—you must have pull at Trader Joe’s–tell them to open in Tampa!!!Pretty Please!!!

8 Shannon Z. March 7, 2012 at 6:15 am

I drove 2 hours last week to have my first Trader Joe’s shopping experience. I WILL be doing it again. I can see this becoming a once a month trip for me. I love it! I sure do wish they’d open one in Columbus, GA.

9 Diane in Wisconsin March 7, 2012 at 6:21 am

I’ve given up so much of what I love I can’t remember. Don’t eat “good” bread any more, rarely eat “real” butter any more, haven’t had a french fry in “forever” and I wish this mean I’d lost a ton of weight – not! Old age and Type II Diabetes is holding on to the poundage in a tight grip.

10 Renee@Mykitchenadventures March 7, 2012 at 6:46 am

lol….Fruity Pebbles, I admit, is a guilty pleasure. I have them for dessert sometimes when they are in the house, which isn’t very often. lol

11 Darci March 7, 2012 at 7:07 am

mmm, that bbq chicken looks SO good (minus the HOT bbq!)!!

12 Nancy Andrews March 7, 2012 at 7:42 am

It’s only 6:40 a.m. and now I am starving looking at your delicious food photos (especially TJ items). I am going to TJ’s tomorrow, Danica’s list in hand :)

13 Yvonne March 7, 2012 at 8:02 am

Do you have a recipe for your homemade wonton soup?
If so, please share. I’m trying to watch my sodium intake.
Thanks in advance.

14 Yvonne March 7, 2012 at 8:03 am

CHICKEN!! All day, every day!!

15 Life's a Bowl March 7, 2012 at 8:09 am

I have never written out the recipe but I should and will soon!

16 Jennifer@ ItSuxToBeFat March 7, 2012 at 8:30 am

Where do you buy your almonds from?

17 Patsy March 7, 2012 at 8:32 am

So wish there was a Trader Joe’s near me!!!!!!
I love cheese of any kind.

18 June Van Winkle March 7, 2012 at 8:47 am

I could eat Bolanis (Afghan food) from the farmers’ market every day, and the best part is you can have a half of one with 3-4 toppings for only 4 or 5 points plus! They come in 4 varieties: Spinach (my favorite), Pumpkin, Potato and Lentil. They come fresh, but all can be repackaged and frozen. You then choose a 3-4 sauces to top them with.
The sauces come in various flavors, such as Cilantro Pesto, Basil Pesto, Lentil Curry, Sun Dried Tomato Pesto, Eggplant Pesto, Garlic Mint Cheese (made from yogurt), and most importantly, Sweet Jalapeno Sauce. These cannot be frozen, but have a reasonable shelf life in the frig, some longer than others. The Chili sauce lasts indefinitely, and the garlic-mint cheese lasts for about 3 months. All the others last, refrigerated, for about a week or 2.
The starting price is $6.00 each item, but when you buy several, the deal gets better. For example, buy 4, get one free, (5 for $24.00). I hope you can find them at your farmers market!
East and West Gourmet Afghan Food
108B Medburn St.
Concord, CA 94820

926-687-0817
877-687-0817

19 Leslie March 7, 2012 at 8:54 am

I could totally eat pasta everday, especially my fav spaghetti carbonara!

20 Danica March 7, 2012 at 9:08 am

Hi Yvonne,

Here is a link to my Won Ton Soup I make. You can really use any brand won tons and/or potstickers to make it.

21 Yvonne March 7, 2012 at 9:10 am

thank you!

22 Yvonne March 7, 2012 at 9:10 am

thank you, danica!!

23 Colleen March 7, 2012 at 9:14 am

Chicken, Chicken, And more Chicken, any way that it is cooked, Plus Mac and Cheese!

24 Irene March 7, 2012 at 9:30 am

A few weeks ago, Costco was featuring bolanis. I got the spinach type and they were very good and we are allowed a really large portion. Possibly your Costco will still have them. Good luck.

25 barbara March 7, 2012 at 9:32 am

I could ( and DO) eat raw, sweet and crunchy carrots. My husband (the best) peels them and cuts them for me to take to the office for my daily sweet treat midmorning.

Love them (husband and carrots.)

26 Sassygirl711 March 7, 2012 at 9:47 am

i looked @TJ wonton soup but dropped it back in the freezer
Section when I saw the sodium level PER
SERVING. I’m probably their biggest fan
but I know better…& WW will find that sodium
will be an important criteria to account 4 in their
program…eventually…4 both men & women. just
waiting 4 that day to get here.

27 Ramani March 7, 2012 at 10:28 am

Hi Danica! Can you please tell me how and for how long you grilled those asparagus? Wrapped in a foil? I always overcook mine. :(

28 JaNelle March 7, 2012 at 12:15 pm

I love trader joes! I was just in there but I missed the soup! I must check it out next time I’m in there.

29 Carrie March 7, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Danica, where do you buy the Cabot snack cheese? I have looked everywhere and can’t see to find them.

30 ErinK. March 7, 2012 at 7:26 pm

I cannot live with out chicken quesadillas, chocolate and pizza or ice cream. I have worked to find good “swaps”.

31 GiGi Eats Celebrities March 7, 2012 at 8:53 pm

GiGi ALSO loves EATING TRADER JOE’S! HA HA HA HA!!! Just bought me my regular LOAD of bagged spinach and butter lettuce!!!! Such a good deal. Oh and their frozen arctic char… mouth watering! :)

32 DanicasDaily March 8, 2012 at 8:03 am

Hi Jennifer,

You can buy the Salt and Vinegar almonds at CVS. I actually got a case from my mom on my birthday that she picked up at the Blue Diamond Almond factory.

33 DanicasDaily March 8, 2012 at 8:05 am

June I LOVE Bolani too!!! I actually do freeze mine too. I cut them in 1/3′s, wrap them in foil. Then, I let them unthaw for about 3-4 hours and pop them in the toaster oven or a pan to crisp them up.

I have bought them at the Farmer’s Market and Costco ~ both are amazing. I did try them from Whole Foods when they were selling them, but, it’s not the same when they are not freshly made.

And that Sweet Jalapeno chili – I LOVE it on eggs, soups, everything!

34 DanicasDaily March 8, 2012 at 8:06 am

Hi Ramani,

We cut the ends off, wash it, place in in foil. Then, drizzled it with 2 tsp olive oil, garlic salt and pepper. Wrap it up and grill it for about 5 minutes. Remove it from the grill and it will steam in the foil until you open it. I usually let it sit for about 5 minutes or less because I like it crisp, but, cooked.

35 DanicasDaily March 8, 2012 at 8:07 am

Hi Carrie,

I bought my Cabot Cheeses at Sam’s Club in a pack of 50 with 2 flavors for like $9. I have not seen them anywhere else other than Costco too.

36 Dottie March 8, 2012 at 8:45 am

Weight Watcher’s Asian Vegetable soup works well. Just add your wontons/dumplings. Don’t know if WW has a recipe for those.

I also watch sodium, the TJ’s soup is loaded. I use low sodium chicken broth when I make it.

Enjoy…..

37 Dottie March 8, 2012 at 8:52 am

I live in Albany NY, TJ’s is opening here in April. We lobbied them for many years, literally, to open here, and they finally gave in. They said they’d never had so many requests. So you can organize a local group to do that. We even had a facebook group.
Of course it depends on they’re business estimate for your area, and whether or not they have a warehouse in your neck of the woods.

38 Yvonne March 8, 2012 at 9:09 am

Thanks, Dottie!!!

39 cindy March 10, 2012 at 11:13 am

I sampled the Bolanis at Costco a few weeks ago and now buy them at my Whole Foods in the dairy section of the Store. I really like the pumpkin Bolani. I pan fry it in spray, then spray on a little butter and add cinnamon and truvia. A l/2 a Bolani and a nice cup of tea in the afternoon fills me up very nicely until dinner around 7:00. So healthy, satisfying and tasty. I don’t buy the toppings. Can be creative on your own.

40 Melissa March 14, 2012 at 11:24 am

I am so excited – we are FINALLY getting a TJ within (reasonable) distance! I live in NC, and Greensboro and Winston Salem have been fighting for 2 years about which town will get the TJ. Winston (which is about 30 minutes away from me) won! I am so excited – mostly because of your posts!! :o)

(Details below – in case you’d like to read up LOL)