Loop the Lagoon & This Week’s Menu

by DanicasDaily on April 14, 2013

Happy Sunday all!  Today has been such a fun day even though it totally flew by.  I started off at my Weight Watcher’s meeting, checking in with a 2 lb loss!  As crazy as it sounds, I honestly think I have better success when I am incorporating protein into my diet, versus going Meatless.  It just goes to show that everyone loses different and  it really helps to learn what works best for your body.  I’ll take it!

Before heading out to my meeting, I cooked up an egg-wich on the go.  Some of you have asked how much sriracha I use….I say start small with a little line, then, work your way up.  I totally think there is something about sriracha that the more you have it, the more you can use….

Since I knew we were heading out after the meeting for a nice walk around the lagoon, I bulked up breakfast with a banana and coffee that I snacked on during the meeting. (SF + 1 WPA) – 6 points+ as I used 2 slices of cheese today.

I headed over to Eagle Trail a little early with one of my WW Buddies to loop the Lagoon, not once, but, 2.5 times!

It is such a beautiful walk along this trail that goes all the way around the lake.  One lap is about 2 miles.

Time totally flew by as we chatted along the way ~ before we knew it, we had almost lapped the lake twice!

When our other WW buddies arrived, we finished lapped 2 and walked backwards to meet up with them.

Can I just say our WW Leader is like the Hostess with the Mostest even when we are not at the meeting?  She stocked up her truck with pre-measured treats ~ nuts, trail mix, berries, oranges……

And an ice chest packed with these super cute mini waters!

I grabbed 3 berries, an orange and a mini water ~ isn’t that the cutest bottle you’ve ever seen?  It’s barely bigger than my orange.

After the walk, I headed home, got ready and headed out of town for my nieces Baby Shower.  Yup, I totally made her take a picture with all her food Open-mouthed smile

My sister pinked out the shower in every way imaginable down to pink punch for everyone.  Any guesses on what she is having?! LOL…..

Not only did my sis make three lasagnas (two meat & a veggie for me)….

She made cupcakes and little tiny princess crowns for everyone to take with them.  The cake was also made just for my niece too.

I piled half my plate with salad and veggie tray veggies ~ topped with a few croutons and about 1 Tbsp of Olive Garden Italian Dressing in the bottle.  It tastes just like what you get in the restaurant.  (SF + 3 WPA) – 3 points+

I grabbed a breadstick too, but, after one bite, decided it wasn’t worth it to me so I gave it to The Husband.

Mini Lasagna Squares x’s 2 ~ 8 points+

The Husband won the prize for guessing how to say baby in 10 different languages.  Here he is with his pink prize bag, pen and my super cute niece ~ LOVE!

I did split a cupcake with The Husband, but, passed on the cake ~ fondant kinda freaks me out.

(SF+ 3 WPA) – 3 points+

I am not sure that I am making dinner since I am still not really hungry as of now.  I may just snack on some fruit and/or yogurt.

HERE IS WHAT IS ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

• Meatless Monday ~ Spaghetti Pizza, Salad (I am really making it this week!)
  • BBQ Chicken, Grilled Zucchini, Kale Chips
  • Thai Lime Shrimp, Brown Rice, Asparagus
  • Scallops with Lemon Wine and Pasta, spinach salads
  • Honey Chipotle Chicken Salad

QUESTION OF THE DAY:

What is on your menu this week?  Do you have one new food and/or recipe you are trying?

1 Lynette April 14, 2013 at 8:35 pm

Sorry I missed the Lagoon walk! I woulda gone early with you! I had to be home by 11:00. Sounds like you earned yourself a buncha activity points! Yay!!

2 Gail H. April 15, 2013 at 3:35 am

OMG I love the pink giraffe! Great 2 lb loss and I hear you on that darn protein…which I always have trouble getting in enough! I’m really trying to cook at home more and cut down on our eating out…always a challenge…and that wine :) I’m off all week, so hopefully I can plan a great menu and stick to it! So glad you are back!!!

3 Jani April 15, 2013 at 7:14 am

I did try a new food this week – Canary Melon. It’s the same interior color as a Honeydew but it’s a little bit sweeter.

4 Donna Kreiser April 15, 2013 at 7:33 am

Danica-
Where do you buy the Olive Garden dressing? Did I read that right? Please say yes. I LOVE that stuff and would love to be able to have it regularly!!

Thanks and Welcome back! You were totally missed! :)

5 Debby April 15, 2013 at 8:21 am

Hi! I just started reading your blog during Meatless March. I have been enjoying your writing and ideas about foods. Thank you, because I have been trying to lose weight for health reasons (giant tumor on my arm removed a year ago). So, I am trying everything healthy!
Monday: Stir fry chicken with veggie eggrolls
Tuesday: Eggplant parm with new vegetable, Chinese eggplant
Wednesday: Chicken fried rice (with leftover stir fry and veggies)
Thursday: Chicken Milanese (asparagus on top of baked chicken with sprinkle of Italian cheese shreds)
Friday: Fish Friday! Fish tacos!
Love your blog!
Debby

6 Kristin April 15, 2013 at 11:45 am

thai turkey burgers, sweet potato fries and salad for dinner tonight! yum!
i’m trying out your vegetable lasagna recipe tomorrow night!
was wondering what kind/brand of wrap you use for your egg sandwich in the a.m., and what kind of cheese?
thanks!

7 Laura April 15, 2013 at 12:39 pm

I am also a fairly new reader to your blog and I love it! I feel like I have been on weight watchers forever. I have lost 40 pounds but I have another 75 to lose and I feel completely lost and helpless. Your blog is great at providing me with a little bit of motivation that I need each day. Thanks!
My menu this week:
Tonight: Chipotle (little choice in this matter, but I save my points). I get the burrito bowl with brown rice and chicken, black beans, and corn salsa
Tuesday: Tilapia with steamed veggies
Wednesday: Grilled Chicken Wraps
Thursday: Spinach calzones (WW recipe that is fantastic!)
Friday: Taco night

8 Laura B. April 15, 2013 at 12:45 pm

May I say that I am completely obsessed with your Healthy Egg Rolls – I will sometimes have two for dinner and add a slice of ham to them. I go waaaaay overboard on the Tabasco Green Sauce which is my current obsession. I have Pan Seared Tuna and Broccoli Cakes with Brown Rice, Grilled chicken with cauliflower and cashew curry, and Grilled Chicken with Whole Wheat Pasta Shells with Pesto and Zucchini on the menu this week. YUM!

9 Julie April 15, 2013 at 6:32 pm

Can’t wait to see your recipes for Thai Lime Shrimp and Honey Chipotle Chicken Salad!

10 Gail H. April 16, 2013 at 7:18 am

Laura, please share :)

11 Connie April 16, 2013 at 10:12 am

Donna,
I get a 2 pack of the Olive Garden Italian dressing at Sam’s Club. It is the same as at Olive Garden.
-Connie

12 Diane April 24, 2013 at 9:19 am

Danica,
Still not getting the emails. When I try to reregister, it says my email is already registered. Not sure what is going on, but I miss your emails! Diane