Magic TEA Pot Fun!

by DanicasDaily on April 20, 2010

Happy Biggest Loser day all!!!  I honestly think that knowing that I get to indulge in Biggest Loser on Tuesday’s makes Tuesday’s AWESOME especially when work isn’t so much ;)

I started my day off with some Perfect World Wiseman Tea.

Can you believe 1 container is 1 oz (25 cups) and only $7 dollars?!  Plus if you use the coupon code “danicasdaily” you get 15% off everything in your order (so this tea would only be $5.95 ~ deal!)

I really LOVED the ingredients in THIS tea ~ doesn’t strawberry & black current leaves sound, fun?!  You actually taste the peppermint leaves the most, but, it delicious!

This tea looks BEAUTIFUL when you open the container ~ colors make me smile :)

I have been totally dying to try out my Magic Tea Pot ever since I got it…This little tea pot works for TEA & COFFEE!.

I put a couple of Perfect World Scoops in my “magic pot”

Filled it with water.

Let it steep.  I really like lighter colored teas so I was digging the looks of this!

Now, this is the *MAGICAL* part.  I am so impressed that as your pot sits with water, there is not leaking.

You place it on top of your regular sized coffee cup and it MAGICALLY drains off.

Perfectly clear with not a single leaf or any tea remnants in there ~ SO COOL!

I actually had to have TWO cups of tea just so I could use my Magic Tea Pot again :D

I NEED to buy some good coffee to test it out too :D  The 15% off also applies to this ($17.85 vs $21)….Thanks Wiseman Peeps ~ so FUN & tasty ~ LOVE it! :)

Breakfast was not as exciting, but, it was centered around finally trying the Artisana Coconut Butter sampled I received awhile back.

You can get it super cheap in My Open Sky Shop, only $9 :)

Tiffany mentioned using it in her oats during our Blogger Meet Up so I figured Tropical Oats were in order

1/3 c Quaker Old Fashioned Oats

1 Tbsp Ground Flax Seed

2/3 c water

1 c frozen mango

Cinnamon Chips

1 Tbsp Brown Sugar (melts like CARAMEL!)

A few sprinkles of Coconut Butter

It’s really thick at room temperature and sorta chips off ~ You can see the flecks in my oatmeal. (5 pts)

My thoughts ~ eh, it’s FUNKY and NOT like frosting at all as I’ve heard some say!  It’s NOT SWEET, but has a strong coconut MILK flavor with the texture of butter.

I LOVE coconut especially unsweetened coconut, but, think I need to try the coconut butter either sweetened or in a savory Pad Thai type of way :)

Mid Morning, I had my FAVORITE new snack HEALTHY KETTLE KORN ~ 94% FF Butter Popcorn with a Light Agave Drizzle (1.5 pts).

Since I had to run to TJ’s & Whole Foods today at lunch, I picked up a little “treat” ~ Marinated Fresh Mozzarella & Marinated Mushrooms.

I LOVE these! (1 pt estimate) ~ The Mushrooms are 0 points (10 calories) :D

Then, I moved on to my FAST salad, topped with Newmans’ Light Lime Vinaigrette (1pt)

My FAV….FAST Burger ~ TJ’s Chile Lime Chicken Burgers!

3 points each!

Totally CLEAN ingredients!

They are HUGE too ~ as big as the BOX :D

Simple, yet, delicious!

Some days you just NEED ChocoLOVE and Today was one of them!

5 points for 8 squares in this mini bar and 100 million % worth every one!

I seriously want to learn how to make the Spicy, Juicy Chicken that Mexican Food Restaurants put in their tacos.  If anyone knows how to do it, NOT in the crockpot, tell me….a girl NEEDS to know :)

I decided to give recreating the TR2 Chicken a try today based on what I thought the flavors included.

I rubbed my chicken breasts with Homemade Taco Seasoning.

Topped them with TJ’s Double Roasted Salsa.

Then, a small pour of TJ’s Enchilada sauce and let it simmer on low for 30 minutes.

I shredded the chicken and mixed it back together with the sauce it cooked it. YUM!

While the meat cook, I broke out my FAVORITE TJ’s tortillas….Any ideas why?

They are 1/2 flour & 1/2 corn and you can taste both ~ it’s like the BEST of both worlds.

Oh and it doesn’t hurt that they are 2 points each :)

I baked my “taco shells” in the oven at 400 degrees for 8 minutes to get them crispy.   I definitely think I should’ve made some Basic Bllack Beans or Spicy Bean Dip to put on top and soften them….Next time!

My “crunchy” taco shell held everything perfectly!

IN THE BOWL:

* Romaine

* 1/2 C salsa chicken from above

* Cherry Tomatoes

* Yellow Bell Pepper

* Jalapeño Rings

* Carrot “rings”

* Cherry Tomatoes

* Green Onions

* 1/8 AVOCADO

* Cilantro

* 3 Tbsp TJ’s Spicy Pepper Jack Blend

* Dallop of TJ’s FF Greek Yogurt

MMMMM…All for only 7.5 points!

BIGGEST LOSER FANS OR JUST ANYONE WHO WANTS TO HELP OUT!!!

Wendy has made it to the AUDITION Level for Biggest Loser 10!! Help her get PICKED by doing the doing these TWO things….It’s so EASY and only takes seconds!

Click HERE to help her You Tube Video get the MOST VIEWS and FAN HER on Facebook!

The countdown to my TWO EARTH DAY GIVEAWAYS is on……Get ready for some fun!

1 kristina April 21, 2010 at 8:22 am

Danica,

I have found that the best way to get super moist chicken is to make it in a skillet (covered to retain the steam/moisture).. about 6 minutes on each side depending on how big the chicken is.

I do this as the only way I make it now..

Enjoy :)

2 Lacey April 21, 2010 at 10:02 am

I so wish we had a trader joes in engalnd. I really want to try those flour/corn tortillas!!

3 Alison April 21, 2010 at 10:51 am

I love tea! I’d buy some but I honestly have too much of a tea stash to work through. I’ve made orders from Tease (the tea guys), Amanzi, Harney & Sons, and Adagio teas. I have 2 of those tea pots! One was free. It’s how I first started making coffee when I taught myself to like coffee. It makes a nice brew of coffee as I remember!

My favorite all time tea is from the tea guys and is the “green walnut flavor”.

You inspired me to pick up the buffalo chicken meatballs at TJ’s teh other day!!!

4 kirwin @ Graceful Creative April 21, 2010 at 11:35 am

Wow, so many things to comment on…

1. Your breakfast looked SO good — like dessert! Sorry it didn’t taste that way.

2. Ummm, I’m intrigued by your snack — popcorn plus agave syrup. Is it like “sweet and salty”? It sounds so good.

3. I’ve seen those chicken burgers at TJ’s but never thought to try them. I love that they’re made from all clean ingredients.

I posted my green smoothie recipe today. I’ve been having one every day for the month of April, and I feel so good! (Just wish I didn’t have such bad *nibbles* today!! Agh.)

xo

5 Sydney April 21, 2010 at 12:13 pm

Mmm! This post makes me hungry! And, want Roel eat chicken which is rare!! I love those tortillas – I had no idea they had corn in them! Have you tried the olive oil wheat wraps from TJ’s? They are huge and really tasty…they need to be warmed up but I love them. Also, have you ever looked at the “breaded soy nuggets” from TJ’s. They are not the ones in the yellow box but the other ones…if that makes sense! lol. I love them and think they taste like mc donalda chicken nuggets! hehe.

6 Biz April 21, 2010 at 12:40 pm

you had me at fresh sliced jalapenos! I think your chicken turned out really good – looks juicy to me!

Waaa, I still haven’t seen BL last night, but my friend said to watch it with Kleenex. Considering I cry at Hallmark commercials, I think I’ll need to open a fresh box!

7 VINCENT April 21, 2010 at 12:42 pm

Hello,

We bumped into your blog and we really liked it – great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

enjoy your recipes.

and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on “Add your site”

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com

8 Melissa S. April 21, 2010 at 1:00 pm

omg you make that chicken look amazing! it makes me want to eat chicken again!!!!

and i love that tea strainer thingy!!! freak’n amazing!

9 Tina April 21, 2010 at 1:05 pm

That teapot is awesome!! And you can use it for coffee too? Very cool. :D

I did both things for Wendy. I will support anyone wanting to make it to that show. I hope she makes it. :)

And those chili lime chicken burgers are SO good. I ate a ton of them during my competition prep when I had such a limited diet. I needed anything that would fit in my plan and wasn’t just plain chicken. LOL

10 Tami@nutmegnotebook.com April 21, 2010 at 1:17 pm

Good eats Danica. I have not had those TJ chicken burgers for a long time. Thanks for the reminder about those.

I have been on a Mexican food kick lately. Love all the flavor it has.

11 paula April 21, 2010 at 2:50 pm

Your taco/tostada looks really good. My SIl taught me how to make corn tortillas not too long ago and her trick was to add 1 cup of flour and they are so good. I’ll have to pick up some of those TJ tortillas… Making them from scratch takes too much time.

I love those burgers from TJ. They’re quick and easy and so good. BTW, your shredded chicken looks really good.

12 BroccoliHut April 21, 2010 at 3:20 pm

Coconut butter is amazing, no? I like to use it as a sort of “icing” on my carrot cake oat bran.

13 Jocelyn @ Peace.Love.Nutrition April 21, 2010 at 3:36 pm

OMG! I got so excited when I saw that tea pot on your site. One of my friends at college had one of those and i’ve always wanted one! Such a great way to make fresh tea.

14 Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) April 21, 2010 at 5:41 pm

Mmm delicious eats! That teapot looks amazing!! I think I just might need one :)

xo
K

15 janetha April 23, 2010 at 9:07 pm

ugh i cannot get through a post without HAVING to say something. those tortillas look/sound awesome~ i love both flour AND corn so i can see why they would be the best! i will have to remember for next time i go to cali!