My 1st Points Plus Weigh In & This Weeks Menu

by DanicasDaily on December 5, 2010

Happy Sunday all! I’ll be the first to admit I couldn’t wait to get up this morning and go to my very first Weight Watchers Points Plus Weigh In to see my results.  I just “felt” skinnier and even managed to stay away from the scale ALL WEEK until this morning.

Are you guys ready……..DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!

I am so EXCITED to tell you that I LOST 3.6 lbs today!!!

That is such a HUGE number for me as even on my best weigh in days, it’s around maybe 2 lbs.  Have I ever told you I LOVE Weight Watchers Points Plus?!  What’s even cooler ~ my entire meeting of 23 people LOST 56 lbs all together!

Thanks to everyone for all your awesome Tweets and Facebook comments congratulating me today….Your support is phenomenal.

I didn’t want to eat ANYTHING before I weighed in, so I took my breakfast on the go.

Cashews

ZERO POINT BANANA of which I think everyone in my meeting concurred we have been eating 1 a day since they became FREEE!

7 Cashews (2 points+) ~ The ONLY way I can eat this little is to count them out and put the bag away BEFORE I put any in my mouth….otherwise, it’s fair game.

After my meeting I figured I deserved a little “reward” so I met The Husband at Starbuck’s.

Grande Fat Free Chai Tea Latte – now 6 Points+ ~ Crazy, but, worth it!

Starbuck's Christmas Cup

I spent the day getting organized for the week ~ menu planning, grocery shopping, doing laundry, mailing off The Points Plus Calculator winner packages and working on the group site.

Basil Pesto Pizza

I didn’t really want to break to make something so I decided on leftover Basil Pesto Veggie Pizza (13 points+)

pizza

Plus the BIGGEST PEAR I could find in the produce section Open-mouthed smile ( ZERO pts+)

produce

One thing that hasn’t changed in points plus values is one of my FAVORITE dressings from Trader Joe’s ~ Cranberry Walnut Gorgonzola.

Cranberry Salad Dressing

1 Points+ Per Tablespoon and it tastes like REAL dressing, not diety, fat free like!

Cranberry Walnut Gorgonzola Salad DressingLow Fat Salad Dressing

Simple Organic Arugula Salad with cherry tomatoes and 2 Tbsp’s Cranberry Walnut Dressing (2 pts+)

Arugula

I probably could’ve made a different choice for dinner, but, ironically after stocking the kitchen up, I didn’t want to “cook”.

Enter “Fake” Chinese! Ling Ling Natural Chicken & Vegetable Pot stickers (10 for 14 pts+)

Potstickers

Today was the last day of my week and even though I “tried” to bust into a good portion of my WPA today, I am still ending my week with 43 WPA left – AWESOME!

Here is what we have on the MENU this week (Dinners):

* Carne Asada Steak Salad

* Spaghetti Squash Torta (I am really going to make it this time!)

* Mushroom Chicken over Brown Rice

* Giada’s Baked Macaroni & Cheese “Cupcakes”

* CEiMB Beef Stroganoff over Egg Noodles with a Big Salad

* Coconut Cashew Chicken Finger Salad

Totally subject to changing my mind if I find another recipe or something else sounds good Open-mouthed smile

Q’s:

1.  What is on your menu this week?

I’d LOVE to know what you are cooking up this week as I do not think I can ever get enough great recipes to make Winking smile

Kati December 5, 2010 at 10:50 pm

That is so amazing!!! I just checked (I’m one of those anxious people who can’t stay away from the scale) and I’m down a good bit too! My first real Points Plus weigh in is Thursday though. I’m so glad to see someone with good results…I love the new plan!

janetha December 5, 2010 at 10:58 pm

CONGRATS on the weight loss! I am so pumped and proud of you! That’s great news. I had cashews today, too :) Menu this week.. hmmm yet to be determined.. ha, i will probs steal your ideas!

Samantha December 5, 2010 at 11:05 pm

Congrats!

Reen December 6, 2010 at 4:40 am

3.6!!!! That’s awesome! Good for you! My first week with the new program didn’t start until Saturday. So I’m on day three today, but definitely enjoying the free fruits. We’ll see what happens. I’m at goal but have been struggling to get another 10 pounds off. Hoping this new program is the key.

Spagetti squash torta? Hmmm, must check that out. Sounds delish!

Lauren December 6, 2010 at 4:45 am

Whoot Whoot!! Girl you are disappearing!! That is so awesome, congrats on the amazing accomplishment this week! :)

jen December 6, 2010 at 4:51 am

Congrats on your loss!!!!
I am going to get that dressing next time I”m at TJ’s :)

Jen

Carlee December 6, 2010 at 5:07 am

Congrats on your loss. Your menu looks really good. I might have to look up some of those recipes. Last night I made a fake General Tso’s Chicken and tonight is Mexicana Pumpkin Chili.

Marisa @ Loser for Life December 6, 2010 at 5:38 am

Congrats, D!!! So happy you are loving the new plan :)

Everything looks YUMMY for the week ahead!

Sami December 6, 2010 at 6:27 am

you arre doing SO great, danica! that extra weight loss is so inspiring :)

Melissa Cohoe December 6, 2010 at 6:46 am

AWESOME job on weigh in! I need to follow suit and working on PLANNING my meals for the week! It would make my week run much smoother and the more prepared I am the less opportunity there is for those last minute poor choices!

Elina (Healthy and Sane) December 6, 2010 at 7:04 am

Congratulations!!! I’ve actually been struggling to stay within my points (read: don’t)… probably because I’m trying to count for the first time in a while and clearly I was eating more than I need to lose weight. I have a renewed motivation this morning and already planned out my lunch + snacks – should be plenty of allowance for my dinner. Congrats again!!! :D

brandi December 6, 2010 at 7:10 am

Congrats girl!!! What an awesome first week! :)

PS: I found a great way to get a “chai latte” without all those points! for their lattes, they use a prepared mix, BUT you can just order steamed ff milk, ask for a chai tea bag and steep it in the milk – delicious, and all you have to count for is the milk! Or you could always have them add a little of their plain sweetener syrup for a little sweetness, but WAY less points than the mix.

I love chai lattes :)

Melissa December 6, 2010 at 7:16 am

Cormeal crusted catfish (WW recipe)

some sort of chicken pasta

Italian shrimp sandwiches

buffalo turkey burgers (maybe)

Melissa December 6, 2010 at 7:18 am

oh and congrats on your loss!

I WI today at noon. Still not sure about what combo of total pts to eat, but I know that will come in time. Still trying to remind myself that Points+ are nothing like the old points, so the really high pts values aren’t always a bad thing, although sometimes they are.

It was weird eating my DP and APs and none of my WPA. I always ate all of them, but then again, new program, new combonation of perfect points!

tj December 6, 2010 at 7:41 am

So happy for you! That is an amazing number to drop! WHOOHOOOO!

I am excited & nervous all at the same time to get on the scale tomorrow! :) I OVER estimated on 2 meals I ate out and did dip into my weeklies using 20/49 but I’m probably under that just cuz I guess HIGH. lol

LOVE the FAKE Chinese night! It’s one of my favorite nights! :)

Meals this week- broccoli beef w/ brown rice. I’ve never made this at home before!!! It’s Sean’s favorite dish out, so I am nervous! lol BLTA’s, and taco night can all happen this week too. :)

I looked at the NEW WW PP cookbook last night with Sean and got some great ideas for meal ideas soon too! Love their cookbooks! :)

Noura December 6, 2010 at 7:45 am

OH! How awesome on your weight loss! I’m weighing in today for the first time since P+ started. I couldn’t wait to eat breakfast though (wish I had). I think I lost a little but I had *4* outings this week to attend, so hopefully my estimates on intake weren’t too off. I’ll post the results later.

Breakfast this morning: egg beaters w/ lots of veggies added (zucchini, broccoli, onions, yellow & green bell peppers, parsley, & 2 T of feta cheese {1pt+} for a total of 2 P+! Add to that a cup of coffee w/ Nestle sugar free hot chocolate mix & fat free vanilla creamer added (0 extra points+) – *still* only a 2 P+ breakfast!!!

I love the new plan so far…

Kellie December 6, 2010 at 8:16 am

Love your site and blog – thanks for all the inspiration

Paije December 6, 2010 at 8:18 am

You are amazing!! Way to go!!! :)

My meals for this week are going to be pretty random! I have two night shifts to work and then my christmas party!! Wooohooo!!

Gwen December 6, 2010 at 8:19 am

Congrats! I was down 2.2 for my first Points+ week! Super excited. And YEAH for free nanners!

I need to START making more recipes! The macaroni muffins sound really interesting! We have some chicken and turkey burgers and spinach tortellini on tap for this week – but none of it is that creative! I’m sure Hubster would appreciate it!

My goal this week is to stay away from my pointy starbucks drinks! SO “expensive”!

Lynda Morrissette December 6, 2010 at 8:21 am

Wow what a great loss this week. I am really enjoying your reports on what you eat. They all look so delicious. I wish I had a TJ’s near to shop.
Anyone have a good idea of a wheat bread I can buy in the local store. I have been eating sandwich thins and they seem to have gone up to 3 P+.
Keep up the good work. You are very motivating!

Cynthia December 6, 2010 at 8:38 am

Congrats on your weight loss! That is awesome.

Carbzilla December 6, 2010 at 8:58 am

Way to go and awesome job on the menu planning!

Chris made a sun-dried tomato soup yesterday, and today I’m planning to make the Mexican-inspired One Point WW soup. I have to admit I have been hungry even with lots of veggies. I think I have to really concentrate on getting my protein and the right fats in to stay satisfied.

I won’t know my “starting” weight till Friday but the scale’s looking good so far. :)

Vicki December 6, 2010 at 8:59 am

Congratulations on the fantastic loss, Danica. You are Rockin’ the new program! Your meal plan sounds delish..I may have to make the beef strognaoff soon. Mark has been asking for that one. Have an awesome week 2! Love ya!

Carrie December 6, 2010 at 9:33 am

On my schedule for dinner this week:

Last night: Broiled steak with broccoli and a baked potato
Tonight: Beef Stroganoff (Cooking Light)
Tomorrow: Pork with snow peas and red pepper over rice (weight watcher recipe)
Wednesday: Jambalaya (Cooking Light)
Thursday: Baked Pasta with Sausage and Tomatoes (Cooking Light)
Friday: Pizza (it’s my splurge day) :)

Thanks for the great ideas, and congrats on the good weight loss!! I myself lost 2 lbs this week, and am loving the new system :)

Jenni December 6, 2010 at 10:03 am

I wish we had a TJ’s closer to where I live…there isn’t one for several hours in any direction like where we used to live (and it was only an hour away then!) I don’t have any solid meals planned for this week. Just trying to use up food from the freezer and pantry so we can restock with fresher/newer items. Dh wants steak and mac n cheese for his birthday so I will look up that recipe for the mac n cheese muffins from Giada’s site.

Holly December 6, 2010 at 10:07 am

danica…that is amazing! way to go, and i have always admired weightwatchers for their sensible approach to dieting. nothing is off limits!

this week, i did not plan at all when i went to the grocery store, so meals could get interesting. i did buy a frozen veggie pizza, so i know for sure i will be having that this week :)

Roz December 6, 2010 at 10:20 am

OMG, that is FANTASTIC!!!!! Way to go at Weigh In!!!!! You are rockin’ this new program!!!!

Carolyn @ Lovin' Losing December 6, 2010 at 11:04 am

Congratulations! I only lost 0.4 this week but I was more than happy with that because I know what damage I did at Thanksgiving! It’s a miracle I was down at all!

Tami December 6, 2010 at 11:31 am

Congratulations on an amazing loss! I think people are going to have great success on the new WW plan and you are proof of that already!

I made a big pot of chili in the crock pot. I don’t have the rest of the week figured out. I am still figuring out how many points the food in my pantry is now!

Susie Bee @ eatlittleeatbig December 6, 2010 at 12:10 pm

Congrats!
Haven’t done meal planning yet but I feel a pizza night is due and I have a butternut squash calling to be cooked.

suzanne December 6, 2010 at 12:11 pm

-3.6 is fantastic!! Go You

Heather December 6, 2010 at 12:11 pm

Wow, that’s fantastic!!! I was only down 1.2 for the week (actually stayed the same from the official day I started PP.) I only had 5 of my weeklies too..that’s just how it worked out!

This week’s menu will include individual BBQ chicken pizzas, turkey meatballs with noodles & that’s as far as I’ve gotten! lol

Christina December 6, 2010 at 12:27 pm

Your post sounds strikingly similar to the one I just posted after leaving my first weigh in on the new weight watchers… FREAKING LOVE IT! Lost 3.2 lbs this week… thats HUGE for me!

Christina

Geri December 6, 2010 at 1:28 pm

Congrats on the 3.6 – although I love the new plan – I gained….what’s up with that?

Geri December 6, 2010 at 1:32 pm

Oops…I weighed wrong…I lost 0.4 pounds

Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) December 6, 2010 at 1:37 pm

Congrats on the loss :D You’re rockin the new points plus system!!

Christine December 6, 2010 at 1:50 pm

Congratulations! That’s an awesome loss for the week (two weeks, even)! On the menu tonight is leftover mexican casserole – yum! :-)

Noura December 6, 2010 at 2:02 pm

OK, weighed in and lost 1.8 last week! I’m pleasantly surprised since I had 4 “eating out” events. I tried to choose as best I could and track as best I could w/ all that in mind and I did ok… Yay!
Now I’m having some delicious oven roasted veggies :)

Josie December 6, 2010 at 4:18 pm

I will have to try that dressing! Here is the menu here for the week:
Mon= TJ’s pot roast, hot crash potaoes, salad and veggies
Tues= BBQ’d chicken, brown rice, broccoil
Wed=turkey meat loaf, some kinda potaoe for the boys, mixed veggies
Thurs=pasta with ground turkey, salad and bread
Fri= Me and hubby have date nite dinner out and a concert!! The boys get to be with Grammie
Sat=left overs
Sun= On the road to Mammoth!!!!
Josie

Mo December 6, 2010 at 4:43 pm

Great job with your first week! I weigh in on Wednesday.
I spent a couple of hours this afternoon cooking. I made a big pot of Roasted Peppers and Tomato Soup, which by the time I was done with it, had turned into a Roasted Peppers, Zucchini, Yellow squash, Mushroom and Tomato Soup.
I also made a Points+ Bubble-up Pizza Casserole with a boatload of veggies, turkey pepperoni and 1 sweet Italian Sausage. I only used 2 of the biscuits, so my husband and I could easily split it and figuring out the Points+ value would be easier. (I came up with 8.5 Points+ per serving.)
I’m really loving the new plan and the renewed excitement when it comes to planning meals.
Mo

carol December 6, 2010 at 5:08 pm

So excited for you! Congrats on the super-dee-duper loss. My Points+ starts this coming Saturday and I can’t wait to join in. Your meal plans really inspire me. I started the week with a “fake” General Tso chicken stir-fry with tons of veggies and some Chinese noodles. I wil be borrowing some of your wonderful ideas for the rest of the week! Thank you!!

Sierra December 6, 2010 at 5:35 pm

I just stumbled on your blog. Awesome Job. I live in Canada, and my first Points Plus meeting is on Friday. I was so excited Last week, cause I thought it would start then, but………. Anyway, congrats on your first week. I am loving looking at all your pictures of your menu items, and seeing how creative you are. You inspire me.

Tanya December 6, 2010 at 6:33 pm

Awesome!!!! I haven’t had a loss like that in probably a year or more! I am now looking forward to my WI on Saturday :-)

Melissa @ TryingToHeal December 6, 2010 at 8:27 pm

congrats lady!! that is so awesome! I’m glad the new points system is working for you!

the only thing i have on the menu for this week has to do with the soy chorizo i have from tj’s in the fridge…i’m trying to figure out a way to use it other than with eggs…

Amanda December 6, 2010 at 9:10 pm

I’ve been eating more bananas lately too since they became free. LOVE IT!

I’m going to make braised boneless beef short ribs. I bought some really lean ones. I think I’ll just grill them and serve with broccoli for a sort of “beef and broccoli” like dinner. I’m also making a BIG salad with avocado, black beans, corn and spicy shredded salsa chicken. YUM!

DanicasDaily December 7, 2010 at 9:39 am

Thanks Melissa! I used Soyrizo before when I made this Vegan Clamless Chowder as a topper – it was soooo good. You could also use it in like enchiladas maybe or as tacos with potatoes and soyrizo?

Just a thought!

Cynthia (It All Changes) December 8, 2010 at 2:00 pm

Congrats on the great loss! I am in the I LOVE POINTS PLUS camp! I feel satisfied and happy and losing. All great things in my book :-)

Pamela February 7, 2011 at 7:14 pm

What stores carry Trader Joe’s Salad Dressing? It sounds wonderful

Danica February 8, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Hi Pam,

I bought the dressing at Trader Joe’s in the fridge section.

Sandi February 1, 2012 at 9:31 am

Does anyone have any WWPP vegetarian recipes. I am haveing a hard time with a daily menu. I do much better if I plan a week ahead and know what I am going to eat each day. Help
Thanks

DanicasDaily February 11, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Hi Sandi,

My recipe page has all the recipes I’ve made that are vegan and vegetarian. Go to Dietary then click on vegan or vegetarian.