My “MINI’s” Name & The Weekly Menu….

by DanicasDaily on January 2, 2012

Happy Sunday all!  You all seriously crack me up with how passionate you are with naming your cars ~ I LOVE it!  We both stopped everything we were doing today to stop and read each new comment you shared giving us ideas for what to name our new Mini Cooper.  Thanks for all your recommendations….I really I wanted to steal a few names you all listed because they all would work so well.

I think we both found a name we agree on……ready for it???

SCOOTER!!! It’s sorta “country” like Countryman and it just fits LOL…..I thought Zip or Zippy might work, but, we both went OHHHH with Scooter….

Our day started with one of my all time FAVORITE super FAST breakfasts ~

An “Egg-Wich!”

2 Slices Trader Joe’s FF Multi-Grain Bread, 1 “fried” egg and ICBINB spray (5 points+)

IMG_4294_thumb

With a side of “banana chips”.

IMG_4298_thumb

If you used Reduced Calorie Bread, then, this would be a 100% Simply Filling Breakfast.

IMG_4297_thumb

After taking down all our Christmas decorations and cleaning house (today’s workout!), we figured we just NEEDED to drive somewhere Open-mouthed smile

We “re-fueled” at Starbuck’s with a Grande FF Decaf Latte with caramel drizzle on top (3 points+) before heading out to run some errands.

IMG_2051

After driving everywhere we could think of, we headed to Panda Express today just to see if they have their Fire Cracker Chicken yet.  You know, the one dish I obsess over when they come out with it only once a year?!

No such luck, but, I did get my Chinese Food fix while checking off my veggies, healthy oil and lean protein for only 8 points+!

String Bean Chicken (4 points+)

IMG_1983_thumb

Broccoli Beef (3 points+)

IMG_1981_thumb

Instead of rice or chow mein, I get their mixed steamed veggies (1 points+)

IMG_1982_thumb

Not really Simply Filling since they use corn starch and more oil than you should have, but, it follows the philosophy of Simply Filling (lean protein & veggies).

Totally worth 8 points+ in my book any day!

IMG_1984_thumb

The Husband decided to grill tonight since we are having amazing “spring like” weather ~ it’s sunny and almost 70 degrees, yet, winter time.  I LOVE that!

While he grilled away, I BUILT big salads that we could put our grilled tri tip on.

3 oz Grilled Tri Tip (like flank steak) for 3 points+

In the mix:

• Organic Romaine, Red Cabbage & Carrots
  • Sliced Mini Peppers & Green Onions
  • Tomato
  • 2 Tbsp Dried Berries (1 points+)
  • 1 Tbsp Sunflower Seeds (1 points+)
  • 2 Tbsp Newman’s Lite Lime Vinaigrette (2 points+)

Plus, one of my FAVORITE salsa’s ~ 2 Tbsp Trader Joe’s Tomato-less Corn Salsa (1 points+)

Simply Delicious!  You could make almost any salad fit under Simply Filling ~ just count the points+ for the dried berries, sunflower seeds and dressing towards your WPA.

I am not quite ready to make it a full on Simply Filling week because we need to use up some things in our pantry first.  So, this week’s menu is a mixture of both with tips on how to make and/or count it towards Simply Filling. Next week, I hope to make it a full on week of Simply Filling!

HERE IS WHAT IS ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

Q’s

What is on your menu this week?

1 Melanie Countryman January 3, 2012 at 7:10 am

I love the name of your new mini Countryman! Does it say Countryman anywhere on the car!

2 Bari January 3, 2012 at 8:04 am

Oh my goodness now I’m STARVING – that salad you made with the steak on top looked AMAZING. I really wish we had a Trader Joe’s here.

I still need to menu plan for the week, but I might steal some of yours :)

3 Allison January 3, 2012 at 8:22 am

Your menu sounds scrumptious! My menu this week is totally up in the air since I think I’ve come down with bronchitis and we’re supposed to pick up our new puppy [aka no clue what I'll be in the mood for/ can have or what I'll have time to make]…

P.S. Cute car name!

4 Melissa @TryingtoHeal January 3, 2012 at 8:59 am

Oh, isn’t the weather awesome! it was almost 70 here in the mountains too!!!

5 christine January 3, 2012 at 9:14 am

Love the planning…..coming up each week with a different menu and planning for it and it sounds delicious, creative and you will make it good for you too.

On yesterdays post I was away from my computer all day…..I had my first 320 BMW and also newly married to a Turkish man. In Turkish “Guzelim” means “my beauty” which was the liscense plate name for the duration of owning that car. Of course no one would ever know what it meant unless you were Turkish….surprising how many Turks live in Calif.! as they would honk their horns and wave driving by.

6 Lindy January 3, 2012 at 9:36 am

love the car name ya’ll picked!It just fits :)

How hot is that Firecracker Chicken at Panda Express, medium or hot ? It sounds really good.

Still working on my menu but it is 29 degrees here and not going to get out the 30′s so White Chili is on the menu.

7 Becca January 3, 2012 at 9:47 am

I’m a new reader, love your blog! I’m also new to WW so your blog is JUST what I needed. I got a grande nonfat latte with caramel drizzle this morning after reading one of your posts from this week. Can’t wait to read more!

8 Becca January 3, 2012 at 9:48 am

PS – love the new car!

9 Josie January 3, 2012 at 10:00 am

Love Scooter!! LOL.. ok here is our menu: even though it will be almost 80 here today I had on the menu stew sooo that will be in the crockpot today!! Wed: turkey burgers, Thusday: swedish meatloaf..Fri: Santa Fe Chicken ..Sat.: left overs…Sunday: orange chicken for the boys and TJ’s shrimp stir fry for me!
Iam on a misson to find that spice cake mix my target did not have it I am gonna see if my walmart does today! I have 2 boys sick today Ed and Miah ( ed is big ol baby when he is sick!!) LOL

10 Shannon January 3, 2012 at 11:58 am

I haven’t made out my menu this week yet, but I am definitely going to work on it! My family is big on naming their cars! My first car (a 98 Dodge Colt) was named Casey Jr. since I had to put it in 3rd gear in order to get it up a hill! (you know, I think I can, I think I can!!!) My current car is Whitey Ford (a Yankee baseball player) since it’s a white Ford Thunderbird! That was my mom’s idea! Pretty clever hu? :) I even went so far as to name my bike Frankie (It’s a baby blue bike, and Frank Sinatra’s nickname was “Ol’ Blue Eyes” and my dad idolized him…).

11 Jen@FoodFamilyFitness January 3, 2012 at 3:17 pm

I am suddenly starving!!! I was fine until I saw the picture of your steak and salad and now I can’t wait for my dinner!!!

12 sarah@spinach and spice January 3, 2012 at 5:34 pm

Scooter! haha, perfect fit!
this may sound ridiculous, but i’m drooling over your egg sandwich. I love my eggs, and I’ve been without them since returning to school monday. I can’t find them ANYWHERE on campus.. how weird!
On the bright side, we do have a panda express on campus..
i can’t wait to try the firecracker chicken!
Care to send some Spring-like weather my way?
10 below and windy here.. not conducive to walking a few miles to classes!

13 Tracy W January 5, 2012 at 3:44 pm

I absolutely love Panda Express! I wish there was one here where I live, but unfortunately there isn’t one!

14 DanicasDaily January 22, 2012 at 8:42 pm

Hi Melanie,

No it doesn’t say Countryman anywhere, but man, with that being your last name, you need to tell them to add it if you get one :)

15 DanicasDaily January 22, 2012 at 8:43 pm

Hi Lindy

I think it is a mild to medium spice – definitely not even close to the spice of kung pao.