My new phone & this week’s menu

by DanicasDaily on May 20, 2012

Happy Sunday all!  This weekend has flown by, but, it has been the perfect mix of “almost” everything.  I got in a workout, cleaned house, created a Weekly Menu and shopped for it, prepped up some meals for the week, bought a new phone!, had fun at the movies and relaxed.

This morning we headed out to our Weight Watcher’s meeting.  I actually feel like my .2 lb gain was deserved since I pretty much fell off my tracker this past week.  It is sometimes really a challenge when life gets too busy to keep up, but, this week, I am definitely going to change that by being a Track Star.

This week I am focusing on 3 things:

1) Being a TRACK STAR ~ tracking 100% of everything I eat.

2) Couch to 5K workouts x’s 3, a 100 workout plus 1 Yoga workout (Maybe at the new studio that just opened up by us)

3) Power Foods ~ I want to see how many Simply Filling foods I can choose to have each day.

Speaking of……this morning started off with a big bowl of Farmer’s Market Fruit.

Plus a Maple Morning Star Veggie Sausage…I have decided this is my favorite flavor to eat straight up because of the maple-y-ness (2 points+)

All washed down with my “PIMPCO” Iced Coffee

Ok, well, almost….I was cracking up at how he wrote 1 pump mocha + 1 pump coconut for my Iced Dirty Coconut Coffee. I added a splash of 1/2 and half to make it 2 points+.

Before heading out for our afternoon of fun, I did some major prep to make sure this week is a success (in 2 hours).

Recipe coming up this week ~ it’s so good, I cannot wait for lunches this week!

I picked Chipotle for lunch because all week long I have been thinking about these tacos!

3 crunchy corn taco shells with chicken, pico de gallo, corn salsa, cheese & lettuce (15 points+ or 5 points+/taco)

The sweet corn salsa totally makes these amazing with the pico and grilled chicken.

After lunch, we headed over to Verizon to upgrade my phone so I can keep my unlimited data plan.  I am not sure if they will switch to limited in the summer, but, it’s totally worth it to me to keep unlimited as long as I can.

I pondered a Samsung Galaxy, but, when, it came down to it I am not sure I really wanted the new “Ice Cream Sandwich” software as much as I wanted a super long battery life.

Meet my new Droid Razr Maxx ~ it’s so cool! LOVE!

After lunch and picking out my new phone, we headed over to see the Battleship movie.  We both really liked the movie ~ it’s definitely suspenseful and keeps you on the edge of your seat the entire time. I think it’s funny at the end that they say the movie is based on the Battleship game.  I am not sure I see the correlation to that.

Since the topic at our meeting today was all about grilling and who does it, The Husband made sure he could have bragging rights next week.

He grilled up Tri Tip in his “secret” marinade (3 oz – 3 points+)

1/2 cup Potato Salad that I made up this morning (3 points+)

Plus grilled butternut squash and asparagus.

HERE IS WHAT IS ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

Q’s

What is on your menu this week?  Is anyone grilling anything new?

1 Gail H. May 21, 2012 at 3:22 am

Lovin’ your menu for the week, yo know it’s my favorite post of yours! Gotta try grilling butternut squash! We would be grilling alot more if it would only stop raining here in South FL :(

2 Kelly F May 21, 2012 at 6:47 am

YUMMMM, can you please share your Butternut Squash Lasagna?

3 christine May 21, 2012 at 8:52 am

Ditto for me too…grilling butternut squash? The lasagna looks AMAZING too, I will be waiting for the recipe!

4 Colleen May 21, 2012 at 9:36 am

Morning Danica, happy you and yours are doing well, I have a question about the potato Salad? My hubby doesn’t eat sweet pickle pickles. So instead of the bread and butter pickles and the pickle relish, can I just sub dill midgets? I really love the recipe!

5 Tracey May 21, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Please tell me how you grill butternut squash?

6 Roz@weightingfor50 May 21, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Grilled butternut squash? OMG, I’m going to have to try that! Have a great week Danica!

7 CJ at Food Stories May 21, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Thx for connecting with me on foodbuzz. I just subscribed to your blog feed and can’t wait to see what your next post will be!

8 Pat May 21, 2012 at 3:46 pm

The grilled butternut squash looks wonderful! and I can’t wait for the lasagna recipe too!
I have the Samsung galaxy and you are right about the battery life. I LOVE my phone, but charging it constantly is such a pain.
The only new thing on our menu this week is that we bought a Yonana machine and have been playing with frozen fruit cream all week. YUM. I am happy with the machine and the ice cream it makes is zero point and great. We love the combo of banana and strawberry and have been sharing the serving each night.

9 ErinK. May 21, 2012 at 5:55 pm

Had my hubby grill a ton of veggies (mushrooms, peppers, onion, garlic and squash) and some chicken breasts for the week.

I am going to try cheesy chicken enchiladas on Wednesday and a batch of turkey chili for lunches next week (going in the freezer).

10 Lynn May 22, 2012 at 7:21 am

Stupid question….every time I get a butternut squash, it’s virtually IMPOSSIBLE to cut! How in the world do you do yours? Am I trying to get ones that are too “green”?

11 wendy May 22, 2012 at 11:26 am

yummy! and secret or not i so need that secret marinade recipe lol

12 DanicasDaily June 3, 2012 at 12:48 pm
13 DanicasDaily June 3, 2012 at 12:49 pm

Hi Colleen

Yes, you can use any type of pickle or pickle relish.

14 DanicasDaily June 3, 2012 at 12:50 pm

HI Tracey,

It’s so easy to grill butternut squash. Peel, seed and slice into 1/8 inch planks. Spray with nonstick spray and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. I did this on both sides. Then, grill about 3-4 minutes per side over medium heat and serve.

15 DanicasDaily June 3, 2012 at 12:50 pm

I am so intrigued by the Yonana Machine!

16 DanicasDaily June 3, 2012 at 12:52 pm

haha Wendy, I know ~ he won’t even tell me “his” secret recipe but I do know he just grabs different sauces and spices we have and combines them. I will see if I can get him to share his “recipe” sometimes soon.

17 DanicasDaily June 3, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Hi Lynn,

I find that it really helps to peel the squash first, slice the top and bottoms off. Then, using a sharp, large knife, slice in half and seed. It’s really important to use a large knife that is sharp or it is almost impossible to slice the butternut squash.

good luck,