My Weekend Recap, WEIGH IN & Weekly Menu!

by DanicasDaily on February 7, 2011

Happy Super Bowl Sunday everyone!! Did you all have a favorite commercial?  I will be the first to admit, I pretty much watch the Super Bowl for the “commercials” and well, if we are betting on it Open-mouthed smile

This year’s commercials were just OK, but, I have to say my FAVORITE by far was the Finger Sucking Dorito guy because I was in a room with about 30 of The Husband’s guy friends and they were all like, “ Oh, bleep, bleep, bleep, NOOO!”, yet, they still kept watching it! If you missed it, you can see it HERE ~ so Funny.

For the record, The Husband said his FAVORITE commercial was THIS Dorito’s House Sitting commercial.

We have had such a BUSY, but, such a FUN weekend so today’s recap is a going to be LONG….don’t say I didn’t warn you Smile

SATURDAY

We were up early on Saturday to help my parents get their property cleaned up and ready for spring.  We grabbed breakfast as we drove out of town.

I got a Venti Iced Dirty Latte (4 points+) with the Protein Plate.

I honestly prefer this to the Oatmeal (same points+ value) because it sticks with me longer and I can pick/choose what to eat out of it.

I ate the egg (2 points+), the cheese (3 points+) and the fruit.  I saved the bread and pb for snack, but, never ate it.

Plus my “daily” banana Open-mouthed smile

We spent the ENTIRE day picking up falling branches, trees, logs, raking leaves and getting their property cleaned up after the snow storms.

I LOVE My MOM!! She pretty much planned out the entire days eats for us and bought everything that I would normally include with Weight Watchers in mind…just wait til you see.

2 Points+ per slice.

For lunch, we whipped up these delicious sandwiches with “The Works”.

* 2 Slices Health Full Bread (4 points+)

* 2 Ounces 97% FF Brown Sugar Ham (2 points+)

* 1 slice 2% Swiss (2 points+)

* All the produce (lettuce, tomato, pepperoncini’s)

* 1/8th AVOCADO!!! (1 point+)

* Mustard

She even remembered a knife to slice my DIAGONALLY in half Open-mouthed smile  I had a few BBQ Kettle Chips to “stuff” inside my sandwich for crunch (1 point+)

Spicy Peanut Broccoli Slaw!!!! See, told ya ~ she THINKS of everything and I didn’t even request it (1 point+)

I snacked on pineapple while I helped her get dinner on the table. I didn’t eat this entire bowl, but, just randomly picked at it Smile

I FINALLY had my Thanksgiving dinner!!!  You all might remember how I really wanted it on Thanksgiving, but, The Husband requested Christmas Dinner on Thanksgiving.

I started off with 1 oz of turkey with 1 Tbsp of gravy.  (2 points+)

The most DELICIOUS and healthy stuffing I’ve ever had.  She used 2 fuji apples, chopped for the usual 1 cup of butter along with chicken broth, onion, celery and sage ~ LOVE!

I am counting it as the real deal (1/2 cup = 5 points+)

My MOCK Mashed Potatoes!!! I LOVE these and then fact that she chose to make them for us. Probably 0 points+, but, I am counting 1 point+ to be safe.

Steamed green beans with mushrooms & almonds (1 point+)

My “Thanksgiving” Dinner in February Open-mouthed smile came to 9 points+ ~ not to shabby huh?!  I was totally stuffed after this too.

But, my Mom had one more trick up her sleeve!  She bought us all Weight Watcher’s desserts for dessert!!  She rocks, huh?!  I had Key Lime Pie (5 points+)!  This is one of my FAVORITE ones because it really does taste like the real deal.

I may no longer like pine trees Winking smile but I LOVE my parents house!  This is the view from their deck ~ we watched the sunset while we ate ~ so pretty!

35 Points+ on SATURDAY, but, check out these stats from my Body Bugg

Calories Burned 3, 305

Steps Taken 12,197

I am pretty sure I earned every single bite!!!

SUNDAY

I started my day off with FIVE AWESOME THINGS!!

1.  I got back on the losing track with a 1 LB Weight Loss!! Thanks for all the congrats on Facebook and Twitter ~ it was like you all were right there in my meeting with me.

Our topic was AWESOME!  We discussed the 8 Traits of Emotional Hunger and she gave specific examples for each of the things.  You can get the handout HERE.

2.  Our substitute leader brought in SNACKS!!! (3 points+ for my plate with bars x 2)

I was so thankful for COFFEE!

I actually went back for the 2nd half of the bars she served and then bought some.  I usually do not dig too many of the Weight Watchers products because their ingredients list is huge and I cannot pronounce most of it.

But, THESE BARS>>> OMG, they are delicious!

It’s still way too long, but, at least they are getting closer to “real” ingredients.

3.  I bought a NEW COOKBOOK!!!

EVERY recipe is only 5 ingredients and is laid out like this….There were so many things that I WANTED to try, I couldn’t resist….Plus it was only $9.95 Open-mouthed smile

4.  The Husband treating us to Starbuck’s!!! His & Hers!!!!

For the record, mine is a Venti Dirty Latte (4 points+) and HIS is a Trenta although he now orders it as a “Big Gulp”!

5. Sunshine & lots of it!!! We are having AMAZING spring weather right now and I LOVE it!  Today it was 81 degrees and even my favorite open/closing” weed flowers are back.

Of course, looking out the window and seeing The Husband decked out in his short and “boots” always makes any day great!!! LOVE him! Open-mouthed smile

I spent the morning doing “chores” and prepping for the week.  I boiled up eggs, cut up melons, cooked lunches which is going to include a new roasted butternut squash recipe….coming up tomorrow!

I decided that the BEST way to stay ON TRACK for the Super Bowl party we were going to was to eat something I REALLY wanted before hand.  I wait EVERY year for Panda Express to bring back their Fire Cracker Chicken ~ I LOVE it and wish they kept it year round.

It’s in a spicy, slightly sweet black bean sauce and it’s AWESOME! (6 points+)

String Bean Chicken! (5 points+)

IMG_1983

Steamed veggies!

Lunch actually kept me full all day and kept me away from snacking at all the Super Bowl Party Deliciousness.  Our friends had Chicken Express cater the party and I decided it was “worth it” to have some.  I wasn’t starving so I went with what sounded good.

Hot Flour Tortilla with CHEESE and 2 types of salsa, oddly, delicious! (5 points+)

Roasted chicken leg, a taste of rice and seriously, 1 chip (I wasn’t that hungry and figured I could always go back for more if I wanted it.  Surprisingly, I didn’t! (3 points+)

I think I 100% want a Fondue thingy now…..Dessert was AWESOME!

I had 1 strawberry, 2 slices of banana, 1 mini vanilla wafer, 1 marshmallow and 1 potato chip drizzled with chocolate. (5 points+)

27 Points+ but I am counting it as my full day since I did some estimating.  Overall, I consider it a HUGE Super Bowl success because normally I’d GRAZE the entire time.  I really think this year the key was “being full”! NOTE to self!

HERE IS WHAT IS ON THE MENU THIS WEEK

Some ideas I didn’t make last week and well, I just couldn’t decide because I WANT to try it all….so, here is my menu this week + some more that I will make next!

* CHIPOTLE NIGHT!! I am going to test out the recipes they have online!

* Weight Watchers Slow Cooker Lasagna

* CEiMB ~ Sesame Shrimp Fried Rice with Cabbage

* Green Lite Bites Sausage & Pepper Skewers

* From my new cookbook! Pesto & Feta Stuffed Chicken over buttered noodles

* Other ideas…..Honey Lime Shrimp Tacos, Shrimp Scampi, Tacos, Bubble Up Pizza Casserole, Taco Junk!

* A few lunch ideas ~ Browned Butternut Squash Ravioli’s, VEGAN Nachoes!, Sandwich Sushi, Chickpea Kale “burritos” and Pad Thai

NEW OF FRIENDS FOR WEIGHT LOSS TODAY

* New Guest Recipe ~ Creamy Chicken, Spinach & Mushroom Enchiladas!

* New Tip & Weekly Challenge ~ Just DO IT!

THE END!!!

Q’

What is on your menu this week?  Any new recipes or ideas?

I LOVE seeing what you all are making each week because it’s fun to share ideas and get new ideas too!  My menu is all pretty much NEW ~ yeah!!!

Night all!!

Lauren February 7, 2011 at 4:40 am

I LOVED that commercial! I also liked the one with Faith Hill when she is telling the guy to write in the card to his girlfriend what he feels in his heart and he goes on about her rack. Too funny!

Glad it was a good weekend. :)

Ruby W. February 7, 2011 at 5:11 am

Way to go with keeping on plan during Super Bowl Sunday. Your Mom is so sweet to provide all the WW P+ friendly food for you.

Marisa @ Loser for Life February 7, 2011 at 5:38 am

You did so awesome this weekend, D!!! Congrats on your loss!

I’m going to check out that cookbook at my next meeting!

Corinne February 7, 2011 at 6:02 am

Congrats for surviving Superbowl Sunday ‘on program’!! I stayed in control, too – I even surprised myself. I love the new points plus program – all the power foods really keep us full and satisfied… so the junk foods don’t have the same appeal or hold on us any longer. I did well with my food choices – stayed within my daily points allowance because I ate breakfast and a light lunch (no skipping meals so I didn’t arrive starving) – and only went into my weekly points plus allowance (wpa) for a few ‘bites’ of desserts and a couple glasses of wine. I had no idea how to count the desserts…so I’m OK with just considering my WPA as ‘spent for the week’.

renee@mykitchenadventures February 7, 2011 at 7:10 am

I almost never buy any of that stuff they sell at the meetings for the very same reason. One time, I bought the smoothie mix on a whim, because it was on sale, and I could not believe the laundry list of chemicals in the stuff…wow! Why must they put so much non food ingredients in their things? Seems counterproductive since they are pushing healthy eating habits all the time…boggles my mind!

Congrats on the loss, the great weekend, and the arrival of spring time weather for you!! Send some east, would ya? lol

Deanna February 7, 2011 at 7:41 am

My favorite commercial was the cat sneezing and the baby telling the cat he should have gotten a flu shot! So funny! I want to buy those bars at my meeting this Thursday! And I’m jealous of your superbowl party spread, especially the fondue!

Denise February 7, 2011 at 7:44 am

I love the look of that new cookbook you got, keep us posted on how you like the recipes :-) I haven’t even planned my menu for this week, but I did take some chicken breasts out of the freezer, I think I’ll be poaching them to use during the week, for salads or enchiladas (like Marisa does) :-)
Congrats on your 1lb weight loss too. Mine was .6 this week, but better than nothing.

Christin@purplebirdblog February 7, 2011 at 7:47 am

Hahhahahahhahah that Dorito’s commericial is hilarious (and nastay!) :) Congrats on your one pound loss!!

Colleen February 7, 2011 at 7:53 am

I was gonna make some comments on your blog, but I can’t seem to get refocused after looking at that hunka, hunka, man wearing those sexy boots. I’m sorry, Danica, but I’m just gonna have to fantasize about having my lawn mowed today! LMAO. What makes it extra sexy? Oh, yes, those knee high socks. :) He must keep you giggling, that one.

Jenn @ Watch My Butt Shrink! February 7, 2011 at 8:34 am

Looks like you did great at the Super Bowl party! And those cinnamon bars look fantastic – I’m going to order some! I wish they had that cookbook online so I could order it, looks like it’s something I could really use.

Lea Anne February 7, 2011 at 9:18 am

I bought the same cookbook a couple of weeks ago and I love it. I’ve made about 3 or 4 dishes from it and it’s been a hit with my kids. Can’t wait to see how you like it

mary (whats cookin with mary) February 7, 2011 at 9:48 am

I thought the commercials were just SO SO also. But my fav one was the dorrito one… ALL the guys in the room were screaming ‘nooooooo’… WAS SO CLASSIC.

I’m all about 5 ingredients these days. I’m working hard to come up with recipes that use 5 or less (not including oil, salt, pepper or hot sauce – everyone has those right?). It’s not as easy as I thought since I tend to have a pretty stocked pantry and often use many more than 5 companants when I’m cooking, but I always like a good challange.

Congrats on your loss!!! :D I tried really hard (and succeeded) and not eating my way through the super bowl. I enjoyed a little of everything (maybe a few too many dorritos), but was pretty sucessful in not stuffing myself with junk. Thank goodness for ‘healthy chili’ ;)

Melissa February 7, 2011 at 11:53 am

that was my favorite commercial too!

congrats on your loss! I love your blog. I am so glad you show people they can eat REAL food on WW and lose. No diety junk.

This week:

chili
new: chicken and barley soup (Dan was raving about one he had at the hotel in Canada, I just happened to have 1 untried in my file).

Dan is out Mon, Wed, and possibly Thur, so I may just eat leftovers on those days :-)

Roz February 7, 2011 at 12:02 pm

Hi Danica, what a FUN weekend recap! Thanks for sharing. And yay you for being down another pound. I’m going to keep my eyes peeled for that cookbook!!! Have a great Monday.

Jen February 7, 2011 at 1:06 pm

LOVE that Thanksgiving dinner, YUMMMM!!!!

Lori Smith February 7, 2011 at 8:14 pm

I too made simple things for the Superbowl. It’s amazing how your mind is in a whole new way of thinking when your on WW. I mean I’d rather munch on some hummus and veggies than chips and dip. Funny huh!
I’m going to try a new chicken dish this week and Skinny Italian Turkey Meatballs.

Josie February 7, 2011 at 8:26 pm

The Dortios was funny the guy house sitting!! I did ok at superbowl not bad I brought that pub cheese!! LOL I had to move myselef from it!
Dinners this week:
Mon: mini meatloafs, crashed potatos, sauteed asparagas and broccoil.
Tues:terk. chicken, rice, potstickers for everyone but me!
Wed: baked ziti, salad
Thurs: baked chicken legs, mashed taters, veggie, salad
Fri:grilled shrimp, veggies

janetha @ meals and moves February 7, 2011 at 8:35 pm

oh D, i have missed you! your enthusiasm and your yummy eats and the hilarious photos of J.. marshall said he looks like charlie brown in the mowing the lawn photo ;) lol. yay for 1 lb weight loss! go you! thank thanksgiving dinner looks SO good, i want it right now. i wish my sbux had the protein tray. that trenta size is HUMUNGO! holy cow. okay, i think i touched on everything. … probably not, but oh well. LOVE YOU!

NICHOLE April 11, 2011 at 6:06 pm

i love your website! i am doing the ww pp system and it gives me great ideas!

NICHOLE April 11, 2011 at 6:07 pm

I LOVE YOUR WEBSITE! I AM ON THE PP SYSTEM AND THE WEBSITE GIVES ME ALOT OF IDEAS!