My Weigh In & My Weekly Menu

by DanicasDaily on July 17, 2011

Happy Sunday all!  This weekend has been such a whirlwind of busy-ness and fun.  I cannot believe I forgot to tell you all that I LOST 2.2 LBS this week!!! I really FEEL like I earned it and I am glad the scale showed my efforts.

Things that worked this week

~ focusing on meeting my Healthy Guidelines in ALL my food choices FIRST before I picked something that wasn’t as good for me.

~ Tracking every single bite!

~ Working out 5 days! (this was the EARNED part literally LOL)

I am definitely focused on repeating it this week Open-mouthed smile

I really wasn’t feeling my workout this morning so I decided to delay it a bit.

The Husband treated me to Starbuck’s.  I got a Venti Iced Nonfat Decaf Latte with Caramel Drizzled on top (3 points+) plus a banana.

I spent my morning checking things off my list and came home to fit in one AWESOME workout.

I had planned on spending 30 minutes on the treadmill doing a jog/walk.  However, once I got going, I ended up going for 46 minutes!  I changed my speed every .05 of a mile ranging from 5.0-6.0 mph.

I think watching the Iron Man Competition on the TV made me want to keep going and going.

After my run, I did 20 minutes of Gentle Hatha Yoga.

Lunch was…..SIMPLE, DELICIOUS BLTA’S!

Layered with GOOD tomatoes and greens from the Farmer’s Market.

And 2 thick slices of crispy, uncured applewood smoked bacon!

Nom, nom, nom……(9 points+)

I picked up these Skinny Fries at Trader Joe’s today because I was intrigued.

65 pieces for only 3 points+

You get a whole lotta “fries” for an ounce.  I sampled a few, but, decided I didn’t want any now.  They are pretty salty, but, crunchy good.

I really wanted this fruit more than the fries….who am I?! lol….

After lunch, I picked these GNORMOUS zucchini’s from our garden!

Then, prepped our “No Cook” Pasta Sauce for dinner before we headed out to see Transformers (it’s awesome, BTW!)

I have wanted to make this Barefoot Contessa Recipe for Summer Garden Pasta ever since I saw her make it.

I pretty much followed her recipe with two big exceptions.

Change #1 I used only 1/4 cup of olive oil and added 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar.

You combine the cherry tomatoes, garlic, basil, olive oil/vinegar, sea salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper flakes, then, cover and let it sit for 4 hours to macerate.

Cook your pasta according to the packaged instructions.

Change #2 I only used 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.

Toss cheese, pasta and your no cook sauce.

Top with additional fresh basil and serve.

Her recipe says it makes 6 servings, but, I think it makes more like 12 servings, 1 1/2 cups each for 5 points+ each.

We both LOVED it ~ it’s like having bruschetta on pasta.  I think it would be delicious served hot or cold.  I actually had 1 1/2 servings because my “mouth” wanted more Smile

NEW AT FRIENDS FOR WEIGHT LOSS

* New Tip of the Week & Guest recipe from Shannon’s Kitchen for 2 Points+ Zucchini Cakes ~ check them out at the bottom of the page!

* This week’s Challenge ~ What inspires you? & My Labor Day Challenge Update!

HERE IS MY MINI MENU FOR THE WEEK

~ Recipes to be posted as I make everything.

* Leftover Summer Garden Pasta

* Ratatouille with Kale, Kielbasa and Chickpeas

* Stuffed Zucchini with salad!

*  Burgers, Beer Battered Onion Rings, Salad

* BBQ Fig Pork Chops with snap peas

* Breakfast!

Q’s

What is on your menu this week?  Anything new, fun, or exciting?

Get ready for an addicting Snack Mix Giveaway coming up this week!

Allie July 17, 2011 at 10:38 pm

Congrats again on your loss! That is so exciting! I definitely want to try the no cook sauce, looks so fresh and delish. Quick question… do you ever feel like you can slack a little after a great week? Sometimes I do that and I always regret it but I suddenly think I’m this girl that can eat anything, what the heck!? Anyway, here’s to another great week!

Bonnie July 18, 2011 at 5:06 am

That pasta looks glorious!!!!
Can’t wait to try it……Congrats on the weigh in this week!!!!

Marisa @ Loser for Life July 18, 2011 at 6:12 am

I had “no cook pasta sauce” this week, too! My mom always made it in the summer (we call it salsa cruda) and I was craving it like crazy the other day! Great minds!

I also bought those Skinny Fries over the weekend!

Awesome job on your loss this week, Danica!

brandi July 18, 2011 at 6:17 am

woohoo – congrats!!

Marcia July 18, 2011 at 7:34 am

Congrats on your weight loss, that was fabulous!!
I also had those TJ “fried” in my hand but decided they would be too addicting for me so I put them down.

Will make the no-cook pasta later this week. Looks great.

Lynn July 18, 2011 at 7:46 am

Congrats on the loss this week!! Thanks for sharing.

The non-cook pasta sauce looks fabulous! I like your healthier version!

Thanks!!

Lindy July 18, 2011 at 8:09 am

Congrats on your weight loss *cheers*!!!

I love the idea of the no cook pasta sauce especially with it being so hot this summer ,wonderful to not heat up the stove (I have a past boat that cooks the noodles in the microwave. I make bruschetta alot so this will be great ,I like the idea of adding the white balsamic vinegar!

Lee July 18, 2011 at 9:51 am

2.2 – LOOk at you!
u
|_____|

Roz July 18, 2011 at 11:27 am

Hi Danica, BIG woo hoo on the 2.2 down!!!! You are a weight watchers inspiration!!!

mary @ what's cookin with mary July 18, 2011 at 11:55 am

Congrats on your loss Danica !! :D

Your menu this week sounds GREAT!! Mine isn’t as fancy ;)

Mon: leftovers from the weekend
Tues: taco salad for me and taco’s for B
Wed: Pizza & salad
Thur: marinated asian chicken w. brown rice & roasted b-sprouts
Fri: grilled fish with a fruit salsa (not sure yet) & grilled veggies

missmarisol July 18, 2011 at 4:34 pm

Congratulations on your loss this week. That sandwich looks amazing.

janetha @ meals & moves July 19, 2011 at 11:13 am

Congrats on the weight loss! Good for you!

Laura Jane @ Recovering Chocoholic July 19, 2011 at 12:04 pm

Congrats on the 2.2 pounds. That’s wonderful. You really did earn it!

Kay O. July 20, 2011 at 7:07 am

Danica,
Thank you for the no-cook pasta sauce recipe.
Question: was your ratio of olive oil to balsamic vinegar really 1 to 2? I made it the way you posted it (1/4 cup olive oil with 1/2 cup balsamic) and it was REALLY vinegar-y. I’m wondering if that was a typo and should maybe have been only 1/4 cup balsamic — making it a 1 to 1 ratio of oil to vinegar?
Or maybe you just like the dominant vinegar flavor…
Many thanks,
Kay O.

DanicasDaily July 21, 2011 at 9:23 am

Hi Kay,

I originally started with 1/4 cup then added a little more. I actually think it is probably more like 1/3 cup so I updated the post.

Thanks for letting me know!

Shawn July 26, 2011 at 6:59 pm

I made the pasta for the hubby and I tonight. It was DELICIOUS!! Using oil and vinegar was such a great idea – I used 1/4 olive oil and 1/4 white vinegar (didn’t have white balsalmic although I have every other vinegar) and it turned out great. I think I used about 16.5 oz of angel hair pasta, and the WW calculator came up with 9 points+ for 8 servings. I also couldn’t stop at just one serving! Thanks Danica! :)

Phyllis August 6, 2012 at 6:06 am

i would stick with the SF with that weight loss too! Congrats! You are doing so great and giving me such great recipe ideas. I am definitely going to make the summer pasta salad. Your link didn’t work for me – went to BC site but no search – but I found the recipe on foodnetwork.com.

Funny thing about the wine barrels – they sell those in Texas, but they aren’t stained with wine, although I wish they were!

DanicasDaily August 26, 2012 at 5:20 pm

Thanks Phyllis, I fixed the link.

Phyllis August 26, 2012 at 6:09 pm

I made this today! It is my new favorite! Thanks so much for all your great recipes and food ideas!

Erin June 1, 2013 at 11:19 am

Yes I wanted 2 make this and needed 2 know how much garlic, red pepper,basil, and cherry tomatoes I need 2 make this dish thank you

Cassie J July 7, 2013 at 9:30 am

Just had the BC Summer Garden Pasta made with your edits and additions. Delish!!!