My Weigh In & Weekly Menu!

by DanicasDaily on February 20, 2011

Happy Sunday all!  Thanks for all the congrats on Twitter & Facebook on my Weight Watchers Weigh In this week.  I have to say I REALLY needed that 2.4 LB WEIGHT LOSS to boost my motivation!

It is pretty cool to think that I had a completely DELICIOUS week of Jacks & sushi, pizza, tacos, yet stayed on track by writing it all down and balancing it out with healthy eating.  There is something to be said for being honest with yourself and counting it all.

.I snacked on a banana before my meeting started.

Then, I came home to THIS!  He made a “2 1/2 LB” Necklace for me to wear to show me this is how much you LOST…..I LOVE him!

I actually resisted the urge to get my usual Dirty Latte because I wanted to try out this NEW Trader Joe’s Coffee.  It combines coffee and cocoa!

I actually LOVE the coffee because you get hints of cocoa….I am definitely going to make an iced coffee with it soon.  I finally had my EGG-WICH today too! (5 points+)

It’s funny that I made this Fresh Corn, Potato & Bacon Chowder for The Husband who has a cold, but, all he wanted was PB&J.  I had a big bowl for 6 points+.

Plus a slice of Sour Dough with 1 tsp Whipped Butter (4 points+)

The usual ~ Organic Carrots, Broccoli Slaw & 1 Tbsp TJ’s Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette (1 pp)

Since I finally feel like cooking again, I actually had trouble deciding on what to make this week ~ there are so many good recipes out there Smile  It also didn’t help that I came across some fun new products at Trader Joe’s that I just had to try.

PEANUT BUTTER GOODIES!

WAFER LIKE COOK (THINK KIT KAT) + PEANUT BUTTER (THINK REESE’S)+CREAMY MILK CHOCOLATE+SALTY DRY ROASTED PEANUTS……LOVE!!!

2 Points+ per cookie.

I had a bite on one cookie for the picture and knew right away I HAD to have another.  OMG, these cookies are AMAZING, but, the good part is TWO IS ENOUGH! (4 points+)

Total Cooking Irony sums up dinner!  I planned out this amazing week of meals including making The Husband his Valentine’s Day steak that I never did.

I told him he could pick ANYTHING he wanted since he is sick and nothing sounds good……I listed off the menu below or said I could get take out.

HIs pick ~ Chipotle!! LOL……

I got a little ambitious on my bowl and couldn’t finish it, but, it was delicious and worth every point+!

* Lettuce (0)

* Chicken (5)

* Pico de Gallo (0)

* Corn Salsa (2)

* A little cheese (less than a serving) (2)

* GUACAMOLE! (4)

HERE IS WHAT IS ON THE MENU THIS WEEK

Just so you know, I warned you….I saw way too many delicious things I want to make ~ I was hungry when I made up the menu Open-mouthed smile

* Steakhouse Steak, Stuffed Mushrooms & Grilled Romaine Salad (sans anchovies & stinky cheese!)

* Trader Joe’s Stuffed Pork Chops with Sauteed Kale

* Slow Cooker Brown & Wild Rice Chicken Casserole

* Green Lite Bites Sausage & Pepper Skewers plus grilled corn!

* Vegan NACHOES

* BLTA’s

* BREAKFASTS ~ Crustless Spinach Quiche

* LUNCHES ~ CEiMB L.O.V.E Wrap & Firecracker Chicken!

PLUS A FEW THINGS THAT SOUNDED/LOOKED GOOD THAT I MAY SWAP OUT:

* Cheesy Mini Meatloaves

* Super Cheesy Low-Fat Mac & Cheese

* I want the SHRIMP based on the picture alone in this Shrimp Spaghetti!

NEW OF FRIENDS FOR WEIGHT LOSS TODAY

* New Guest Recipe ~ 2 Point+ Snickerdoodles!

* New Tip & Weekly Challenge ~ Set a “Mini-Goal”!

Go here now for another chance to WIN Annie’s Dresssings!

Q’s

What is on your menu this week?  Are you trying anything new?

I am excited about everything ~ it’s all NEW except the BLTA’s.

Amanda (Eating Up) February 20, 2011 at 9:53 pm

That picture of Chipotle makes me want Chipotle!

Shannon February 20, 2011 at 10:06 pm

Ohhh sourdough is my fav! To bad here in new England it is only glorified white bread!

Ruby W. February 20, 2011 at 11:37 pm

Great job on your weight loss. Your husband is so sweet and encouraging. I tried TJ’s organic broccoli slaw with TJ’s peanut butter dressing. It is really good. I like how the raw broccoli fills me up so much.

Have to try those cookies out next time. =)

Brandie February 21, 2011 at 2:17 am

Congratulations on your loss! Well done. My weight stayed exactly the same this week, but it’s somewhat what I expected (actually, thought I might have a gain, so staying the same isn’t so bad).

Your menu looks great…and as usual, my TJ list is getting longer after hearing all the great things you eat!

Gail H. February 21, 2011 at 4:02 am

NOw I HAVE to have Chipotle this week, lol! Great weightloss! LOVE your weekly menu ideas! Just wish we had TJ’s here in South FL ;(

Gail H. February 21, 2011 at 4:10 am

Forgot to ask: Where can I find the Vegan Nacho and Slow Cooker recipes???

Lauren February 21, 2011 at 5:38 am

I love adding a little coco powder to my coffee. So glad TJ’s is up on that deliciousness! :)

Congrats on the weight loss!!!!

Melissa @ TryingToHeal February 21, 2011 at 7:55 am

omg, i’ve had a box of those cookies in my kitchen for almost 3 weeks and have yet to try as i know they’ll be demolished, based on your opinion of their tastiness! eek!

and love what the DH did for you!! haha! too cute!

Denise February 21, 2011 at 8:04 am

Congrats on the loss Danica. I’m just doing my menu plan now then headed to the store. Nothing really new on it though, I’ll be making more of ‘Gina’s taco meat and, oh and I might try ‘hungry girl’s’ chili-rific burger, that’s new!!!

Katie February 21, 2011 at 8:06 am

We bought the peanut butter goodie cookies for the first time on Saturday as well. Love them! You also inspired me to get the spicy peanut dressing and slaw to try. The guy who was setting products out right by me suggested marinating some chicken in the dressing and mixing it with the slaw as well. Totally going to try that and a new product I got. I’ll let you know how it turns out once I’ve tried it!

renee@mykitchenadventures February 21, 2011 at 8:12 am

2.4 lbs! wow! that is great! always so motivating to get big scale results!
Your sourdough toast with butter looks amazing to me right now! haha

Lynda M February 21, 2011 at 8:45 am

You really did great. I am so proud of you! I hope this will get me in the right frame of mind to start writting everything down!
Thanks for being here.
Lyn

Marcia February 21, 2011 at 9:21 am

Your weight loss is/was amazing! Mazel tov! I stayed the same but I’m at goal so that means a good week. I’m also trying the mini meatloafs for tomorrow night. Funny that we found the same recipe at the same time. I made a matzo ball/chicken soup yesterday. Very easy to make (follow the recipe on the Manachevitz matzo ball box mix) and then easy chicken soup with veggies in it. Only 3 points for a bowl with 2 matzo balls —think very light dumplings) You don’t have to be Jewish to love it.

Josie February 21, 2011 at 10:06 am

YAY on the weight loss! Here is my menu for the week:
Mon: beef stew with biscuits and salad
Tues:turkey taco’s, rice and black beans
Wed: Santa Fe Chicken with rice ( kids like chips with theirs)
Thurs:Chicken pot pies (TJ’s)
Fri: ( I will be flying to Vegas for my BF’s Bachlorette Party so its the hubby and kids) they are having Hamburger helper and biscuits its a fav of theirs!! Iam having Sushi from I think its Kobe?!
Sat: Kids and hubby polish sauage and rice…Me its the Bparty at Nove having apps for dinner getting fitted for Maid of Honor dress tooo!
Sun: Kids and hubby not sure! :)
Mon: Terkiyi chicken rice veggie

Noura February 21, 2011 at 10:16 am

Big congrats on your loss Danica!!! I’m feeling a little stuck, hovering around this almost 20 lb loss, but not budging past it yet… :(

I have to confess, I don’t know how you do it… the bread & whipped butter. I just can’t justify the points for it. Mental block, I think, but maybe it’s for the best.

Again, I wish we had a flippin’ TJ’s here! Poo!

Have a great week…. dunno what’s cooking yet, only that there is a leftover 1/2 of a baked potato w/ greek yogurt/salsa mixed & plunked on top & a broccoli slaw salad on the side that will be my lunch today. :)

Been sick for a week but feeling better now, hopefully “better enough” to go back to Zumba tonight. I miss it!!!!

Christin@purplebirdblog February 21, 2011 at 10:17 am

Congrats on your 2.5 pound loss!!!! That rocks! Your hubby is so adorable to make that necklace. :) I saw that coffee over on Averie’s blog and am cursing my lack of TJ’s!!

Heather February 21, 2011 at 11:16 am

What’s your recipe for this??

Slow Cooker Brown & Wild Rice Chicken Casserole

Sounds delish!!! And I love crock pot recipes!!!

Sherrie February 21, 2011 at 11:26 am

Congratulations on your weight loss. I am so proud of you. Just keep doing what your doing and you will be so happy/proud of yourself in the long run. Your dinner menu looks terrific. Can’t wait to make that Chipotle.

Jenn @ Watch My Butt Shrink! February 21, 2011 at 11:39 am

It’s funny, I JUST started making weekly dinner menus this week! I’ve got 3 new recipes to try: Stuffed chicken breasts, eggplant parm (a la Weight Watchers) and a corn chowder that sounds very similar to what you made.
Congrats on the awesome loss!!!

Roz February 21, 2011 at 12:20 pm

Woo Hoo…congrats on the FANTASTIC loss this week. LOVE the necklace your husband made. So nice!!! Have a GREAT week Danica, thanks for the motivation and inspiration.

Carlee February 21, 2011 at 1:43 pm

Congrats on the 2.5 lbs. Your husband is so cute with that necklace.
I am trying my hand at making a Chinese brown sauce tonight. Hope it turns out ok.

Lindy February 21, 2011 at 7:18 pm

CONGRATS !!!on the 2.5 lb loss!!! I know that feels soooooo good for that to happen! It’s inspiring too that you were able to eat out and balance it all!
Love the necklace and what a wonderful supportive hubby even when he has a cold! That soup looks so comforting!

DanicasDaily February 22, 2011 at 11:04 am

HI Gail,

This is going to sound funny, but, the recipes are in my head. I plan on making them this week and will post them for everyone.

Thanks,

DanicasDaily February 22, 2011 at 11:09 am

Hi Noura,

Keep with it and I bet your body kicks in and the scale goes down. I am sure being sick you probably didn’t eat as much. Now that you are feeling better I bet you get back in on the weight loss action.

I can only justify the sour dough and whipped butter occasionally – not all the time. I honestly just crave it so I give in, count it and move on. It’s one of the few things worth it to me….

I think your lunch sounded fantastic.

Take care and I hope you feel better soon!

XOXO,

DanicasDaily February 22, 2011 at 11:10 am

Hi Heather,

I haven’t posted the recipe yet for the Slow Cooker Casserole but I will be posting it this week.

Thanks,