Not Exactly As Planned…

by DanicasDaily on December 20, 2012

Happy Friday Eve all!  For some reason in my head, I had total visions of how today was going to go down but, sometimes, as good as my intentions are, things totally go in a different direction.

Yup, we totally have this Kangaroo sign in the warehouse with all our wine.  I was the total tourist and had to take a picture of it!

Want to know another fun fact about me??? The first college I went to for one year has a Kangaroo as a mascot and I named my “college” cat Kang A. Roo, aka “Roo” for short…..Who knew years later, I’d get to be that dork about Kangaroos all over again!

Before heading out for my day, I cooked up Healthy Egg Rolls ~ One for The Husband who always tells me he doesn’t want breakfast until he sees these…..SF + 1 WPA – 4 points+

Then, one for me….followed up with a mini candy cane for fresh breath Winking smile

I grabbed a Tall Nonfat Decaf Latte with Caramel Drizzle and hit the road. (SF) – 3 points+

I had my day all planned out and it included trying out a new wine country restaurant.  The only thing is….my day pretty much went nothing like I planned.

Instead, we grabbed these tasty sandwiches at a local deli ~ Smoked Turkey with Pepper Jack.

Paired with Sweet Southern BBQ Heat Chips….

And worked away saving the tour for another day in January. (10 points+)

The Husband put a bag of Chex Mix in my car this morning for a “snack” if I needed it.  I totally learned I should NOT have a bag of chex mix in the car while spending 2 hours in traffic.

One handful turned into like 3 handfuls before I put the bag in the back seat. 6 points+

How freakin’ cute is this?!  The Husband told me when he got home, this Charlie Brown tree was sitting on our back porch…..

2012-12-20_12-57-22_122

With this note courtesy of two of our little nephews ~ LOVE!

2012-12-20_12-57-14_142

We made sure to have a Pizza Party with our nephews to thank them. I was so tired I forgot to take a picture so we are just going to pretend that my recycled picture looks just like the one I ate tonight Winking smile 6 points+

image6

This has been a total food challenging week and I am a bit off track……but, I plan on continuing to make smart choices and getting right back to The Plan once we make it through all our celebrations this weekend.

All of the holiday fun begins tomorrow starting with my dad’s 70th Birthday Party!!!  I am so incredibly excited to see his face when we give him our gift.  I am not sure if I’ll have time to post tomorrow night….if not, I’ll be back on Saturday with all the details.

Gail H. December 21, 2012 at 4:18 am

Happy 70 to your Dad!! I had to chuckle when I saw your kangaroo sign…I bought one on my first trip to Oz many years ago :) AND I have a boxing kangaroo tatoo! Being married to an Aussie has been the joy of my life! And you know my wine fridge is stock full of mostly Australian wine! I love those breakfast egg rools also, think I’ll have one today…and yes, this week is sure an eating challenge!

Elizabeth December 21, 2012 at 7:26 am

Happy 70th birthday to you dad! Love the tree! Question how do you get your egg so flat? Since you first posted your egg roll I have been recreating at home, however sometimes my egg is too thick to roll up in a tortilla. I love them by the way. So yummy!

DanicasDaily December 26, 2012 at 9:52 am

Hi Elizabeth,

I always break my egg yolk as soon as I put it in the pan. I found this easier as the yolk just drips all over and gets messy. I use this One Egg Wonder to make my perfectly round eggs – The Husband picked it up at Walmart a few years back.

Nancy A. December 21, 2012 at 8:07 am

NYes, and you must use a mold for the as it is perfectly round…

DanicasDaily December 26, 2012 at 9:53 am

Hi Nancy,

Haha – I am not talented enough to use an egg mold…Just this One Egg Wonder pan – it makes “frying” eggs easy.

Phyllis December 21, 2012 at 8:44 am

I purchased a box of the 100 calorie Cheese-it chex mix last week and hubby downed them all in no time flat. Can’t even contain yourself with the 100 calorie packs they are just too good! Merry Christmas!

Melissa @TryingtoHeal December 21, 2012 at 9:24 am

I brought one of those kangaroo signs back from australia…I need to go find it!

And your pizza looks amazing! Now I want some!

Alicia December 21, 2012 at 10:05 am

We all have days like this during the Holiday Season…especially me…{smile}…It’s good to know we have a plan and the support to get back on track.

Give your dad special Birthday Hugs, he’s a lucky man to have family so close.

Ho Ho Ho… Merry Christmas!

angie December 22, 2012 at 7:36 am

Ohmygoodness!! I do not know why i waited until today to make the healthy egg rolls! Made mine with 2% pepperjack chese. Absolutely Amazing!! thanks for the recipe, it will certainly be made often in my house. Thank you for all the wonderful posts. I look forward to them every day. Merry Christmas to you and yours!!!

suzanne December 23, 2012 at 4:51 pm

I love those healthy egg rolls!
Every time I see a kangaroo I always think it means Yellowtail wine :)