Simple Start Day 5, Egg Salad

by DanicasDaily on January 9, 2014

Happy Friday Eve all!  Our Simple Start breakfast this morning totally revolved around what I thought sounded tasty and what The Husband is currently addicted to.  Almost every morning starts off with me asking him ~ so, what sounds good for breakfast as I proceed to list off all the options.  He usually lets me run through the entire list before he says….scrambled eggs with a big cheesy grin (like a little kid).  That boy would eat scrambled eggs for almost ever meal if I’d make them.

Any guesses on who picked what?

I was on the fence about what I wanted, but, I knew I wanted fresh fruit…a banana, apple, berries.  I always make double  (1/2 for him and 1/2 for me) otherwise, he sneaks it off my plate..

His pick…..Scrambled eggs

My half of the fruit with 2 scrambled eggs. (SS/SF) – 4 points+

I can’t really tease him though because I love eggs too! Enough to have an Egg Salad Sandwich at lunch.

1 egg + 2 egg whites + LF Mayo + mustard + sea salt + black pepper on top of a slice of 12 grain bread. (SS/SF + 2 WPA) – 5 points+

I use low-fat mayo with olive oil and count it as SS (personal preference) ~ for Simple Start you can count the points+ if any for the amount you use or use Fat Free Mayo.

My favorite new thing ~ Cucumber Chips (slices of mini cucumber topped with salt & pepper).

And a simple side salad for good measure topped with balsamic vinegar.

Mid afternoon I grabbed a light string cheese to go with my cute mini organic honey crisp apple. (Gail ~ I picked both these up at Trader Joe’s!) (SS/SF) – 1 points+

I love leftovers because it means no cooking (unless you count the microwave).

1 creepy looking but totally delicious Leftover Cheesy Mini Meatloaf with a heaping cup of collard greens (SS/SF) – 7 points+

It’s pretty interesting that I feel totally satisfied with my eats today even though my daily points+ total is light.  I am good for now, but, if I get hungry later, I may grab a Fage 0% yogurt for snack.

Here are my stats for today:

• Simple Start Day 5 Success, 2 WPA used, 18 WPA remaining (I am sweating not using all 7 WPA today because I ate based on my hunger levels and enjoy my Simple Start Foods)
  • 17 Daily Points+ (see note above), WPA used & WPA remaining will be added next week
  • My Fitbit Flex Dashboard for today

QUESTION OF THE DAY:

What is one fun thing you are looking forward to this weekend?

I can’t wait to see my mom, have dinner with our friends and to finally get back to exercising outside in the sunshine!

Abigail January 9, 2014 at 10:12 pm

Can I ask what brand bread you used?

DanicasDaily January 9, 2014 at 10:22 pm

Hi Abigail,

I used Nature’s Own but sometimes I’ll buy my store brand (Raley’s) or Oroweat multi-grain breads. It is worth it to me to use my WPA on regular bread versus the light versions. I like the flavor better and am good with one slice.

Thanks,

Abigail January 9, 2014 at 10:33 pm

Is that what the 2 WPA were for lunch?

DanicasDaily January 9, 2014 at 10:36 pm

Josie January 9, 2014 at 10:13 pm

Looking forward to Sunday my mom and I are taking youngest (Jacob) to the Popovich Animal circus !

Gail H. January 10, 2014 at 3:31 am

OK Danica, 2 more items for my TJ’s list! I’m looking forward to the sun this week-end…major rain in South FL for the past few days…very unusual for this time of the year! But…at least it’s not snow :) I’m in need of a new scale…not food scale…if anyone reads this and has a good one, please let me know!

Candace January 10, 2014 at 10:55 am

I picked up a great Weight Watchers scale at Costco this week for only $14.00 which was a great buy. It’s glass and digital and weighs in tenths.

Debbie January 11, 2014 at 7:17 pm

Weight watchers scale bed bath very good and accurate. Not expensive Not a food scale ….

Pam January 10, 2014 at 9:18 am

We are headed north to snowy New Hampshire and I can’t wait to cross country ski! So fun and 13 activity points for 1 hour. A well earned glass of wine by the fire on Saturday night.

Melinda January 10, 2014 at 10:27 am

For the egg salad sandwich, do you hardboil all of the eggs and then just toss the yoke of two of them? I’m just curious if anyone has tried scrambling egg whites (from a carton) to add to egg salad.

DanicasDaily January 13, 2014 at 10:50 am

Hi Melinda,

I only use hard boiled eggs and have never tried it with scrambled egg whites. You can now buy pre-hard boiled eggs at the grocery store in the egg section and just use the whites to make it easier.

Jessica January 10, 2014 at 3:41 pm

What kind of low fat mayo is good?

DanicasDaily January 13, 2014 at 10:52 am

Hi Jessica,

I like Best Foods which I believe is the same as Hellman’s.

anna January 10, 2014 at 6:16 pm

I am day 4 or simple start and have not used any indulgences. I know the plan indicates you can have 7/day if needed. Is it ok to keep all weekly points for the weekend rather than spreading them out during the week? BTW I love your site. You and your hubby are such a cute couple. I live in Canada and envy your Californian weather
. We are in the most southern part of Canada but we are still buried in snow.