Simply Filling BLTA Lettuce Wraps, 3 points+

by DanicasDaily on February 13, 2014

Happy Friday Eve all!  Ok ~ so , I have to start off by saying I was totally tired when I wrote yesterday’s post last night.  I absolutely love the jokes on my “String Cheese” vs. “String Bean” Chicken.  Thank you all for calling out my Reese’s Heart too!  You know, when I buy the Reese’s eggs in the multi-pack, they are 2 points+ each so I made the assumption that the hearts in the two pack would be the same (translation ~ I was too tired to go look it up after I was already gobbling it down). The correct answer is the two pack of Hearts = 5 points+ per heart.

Today started with my all time favorite breakfast ~ Healthy Egg Roll (SF + 1 WPA) – 5 points+

Berries & 1/2 a banana….

Today I had a working lunch to go to ~ I had my lunch all planned out.  I was going to convince my co-workers to share the Fresh Pickled Veggies with me and get the beet salad I love at Grace’s Table.

My co-workers kill me when they order the onion rings ~ they are the best onion rings you will ever eat topped with a little sweet & spicy chili, lemon and parmesan.

After pondering if I should order the veggies, I decided to just go with it and have an onion ring…after all, it’s what I really wanted once that bowl hit the table. (SF + 3 WPA) – 3 points+

I could eat this roasted beet salad probably every day.  I really want to know how they get their chicken so tender and perfectly grilled every time.  I counted 2 points+ towards my WPA for the real deal cheese. (SS/SF + 2 WPA) – 8 points+

Avocado, super creamy fromage blanc, mache lettuce, meyer lemon juice, olive oil, maldon salt

I opted for a nonfat latte that I didn’t snap a picture of when everyone else was getting dessert. (SF) – 3 points+.

So, The Question of the day is this…..How many of you knew that Trader Joe’s Uncured Turkey Bacon was a Power Food?! AKA ~ A Simple Start and a Simply Filling food!

Knowing this….I couldn’t wait for dinner tonight!  I made these incredibly tasty Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato and Avocado Lettuce Wraps.  They are crunchy, salty, creamy with bites of sweet tomatoes, green onion and crisp lettuce.

The best part ~ you can have 3 of these for the price of one BLTA sandwich and they are so simple to make! You do not have to use a pan, the stove or the oven which I think would make these pretty darn amazing on a hot summer day.

BLTA LETTUCE WRAPS (print it!)

INGREDIENTS:

• 3 iceberg or butter leaf lettuce leaves
  • 15 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
  • 1/2 avocado, diced
  • 1 green onion, diced
  • 4 slices Trader Joe’s Turkey Bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • sea salt & black pepper to taste

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Prepare the lettuce leaves by removing the first 2-3 layers along with the core.  Rinse, pat dry and set up a plate.

2.  Combine the cherry tomatoes with the remaining ingredients.  Toss gently to combine, seasoning with sea salt and black pepper to taste.  Divide bacon, tomato, avocado mix evenly among the 3 lettuce leaves.  Enjoy!

Makes 3 BLTA lettuce cups, Simply Filling + 1 WPA (for the avocado) or 3 points+ each

Nutritional information calculated per lettuce cup at caloriecount.com

STEP – BY – STEP:

I peel the first 2-3 layers off my lettuce head (I use iceberg or butter leaf works too).  Then, carefully pull off and rinse 3 lettuce “cups”.  You want them big enough to hold the mix, yet, easy enough to fold like a taco to wrap it up and eat.

Next, combine the tomatoes, avocado, green onion, bacon, sea salt and black pepper.

Toss just enough to combine the mix.

Scoop into the prepared lettuce cups and enjoy!

You do not really need a side, but, I wanted some “chips” to go with my wraps.  So, I made up a batch of kale chips.  The Husband claims he doesn’t like these, but, he goes back to the pan 2-3 times and sneaks them off my plate.

We both loved this and I can honestly say I didn’t miss the bread.  I ended up eating 2 and half the kale chips.  The Husband asked if he could have one of my wraps after he saw it to go with the BLTA sandwiches I made him.

Here are my stats today:

• Simple Filling (SF): 8 WPA (Weekly Points Allowance) used, 14 WPA remaining
  • 26 Daily Points+ 0 WPA used, 32 WPA remaining
  • My FitBit Dashboard:

I am super excited for the weekend to begin….just one more day!

1 Diana February 14, 2014 at 12:01 am

I am going to try these I make something similar with Pepper turkey slices from Costco two slices are only 2 points so I put cucumbers small tomatoes goat cheese some mustard and avocado slices in some romaine lettuce I figured I had a total of 3 points a piece for the amount of each items I added just a little to mix all those wonderful flavors together and its delicious . Thanks for the share of this bacon wrap

2 Tracy February 14, 2014 at 5:21 am

BLTA lettuce wraps… Why didn’t I think of that. I can’t wait to make these. Bacon is my all time favorite food. Love your blog and all the recipes you post. Thank you so much for taking the time do this. I’m sure it’s really time consuming. But just know it is very much appreciated.

3 Jennifer February 14, 2014 at 8:17 am

Wraps looked yummy! Wanted to suggest u add nutritional yeast seasoning to your kale chips, just toss on with olive oil bake as usual. It gives them a little pop!
I buy mine at whole foods! Happy Friday!

4 Carrie @ Season It Already! February 14, 2014 at 9:00 am

Never thought to make BLAT into a lettuce wrap. Brilliant. And that salad? Looks to die for! Normally, beets turn me off, but I’d totally go for that one. Also, thank you for always posting photos of your food. You give me the simple ideas like just cutting up some strawberries with banana? So obvious, but I wouldn’t even think of doing it. Have a great weekend!

5 Jenny February 14, 2014 at 9:11 am

Danica,

I know this must take a lot from you to document these daily menus. I LOVED the Seattle trip review (never been, looking forward to going more than ever now). These past 2 weeks I’ve been struggling with the program and I’m always so hungry and not able to stay within my PP range. THANK YOU for showing me what spending your points in a smart and filling way looks like. I’m going to keep working on it and try to find the right balance for me– the BLTA lettuce wraps, the kale chips, the egg rolls…and still you find enough points for a restaurant meal with friends/coworkers AND lattes wherever you go.

Thank you for being a public role model for healthy living in the real world :)
Jenny

6 Nancy A. February 14, 2014 at 9:22 am

OK…. If you don’t have to use a “pan, stove, or oven”….. VERY curious how the bacon gets “cooked”……LOL

7 Marne February 14, 2014 at 2:42 pm

You. Made. My. Day. TJ’s uncured turkey bacon is SF?? We buy the peppered version, cook up several packages and then freeze. Easy peasy to quick thaw when you just have to have a slice for a salad, BLT, or with Kodiak cakes!

Thankyouthankyouthankyou! Have a great weekend!

8 Randi February 14, 2014 at 4:34 pm

Danica, if anyone wants a coupon for WW, I keep getting them emailed to me. 50% off a 6 month pass. Let me know, Randi66@gmail.com

9 DanicasDaily February 14, 2014 at 8:46 pm

Hi Nancy,

I always microwave turkey bacon – I’ve found it’s the only way it cooks. I start with 1 minute per piece and adjust up/down depending on how crisp it gets. In my microwave at home, its takes about 1:30 to get it totally crispy for each slide.

10 DanicasDaily February 14, 2014 at 8:47 pm

Thanks Randi I’ll let people know.

11 DanicasDaily February 14, 2014 at 8:48 pm

HI Jennifer,

I should give nutritional yeast another try…maybe. I tried it once and thought it wasn’t so good. Perhaps cooked, it may be better than raw.

12 Leslie February 15, 2014 at 4:16 pm

Who makes the pepper turkey slices? Is it Columbus?