Simply Filling Burgers & This Week’s Menu

by DanicasDaily on February 23, 2014

Happy Sunday all!  I am definitely making Liz’s super easy frittata recipe that she posted on yesterday’s post.  It sounds too easy not to give it a go and I love that it is pretty much 100% Simply Filling plus low in points+ too.

I knew my weigh in was going to be pretty good today because I really made an effort to make good choices last week even though my schedule got a bit crazy.  It was definitely awesome to see a 3.2 lb. weight loss which is a big loss for me!

After the meeting, we headed over to Subway for Egg white, Ham & Veggies sandwiches on 3 inch flat breads. I pile lettuce, tomato, bell pepper, onion and sriracha on mine ~ it’s so delicious!

(SF + 3 WPA for the wrap) – 4 points+

We spent a good part of the morning shopping around for a new wine rack to replace the boxes of wine we have sitting on top of each other.  I always love when he goes with me to shop because it’s entertaining to watch him.

He was fascinated with this basket……

But, wasn’t really sure what it was used for ~ so he made up his own purpose LOL.

We had the chance to catch up with two of our great friends today for lunch.  It’s kinda funny that they picked Mary’s Pizza Shack ~ I honestly can never get enough of this salad with their homemade ranch on the side.

(SF + 4 WPA) – 4 points+

I love it when they serve split pea soup too (SF) – 4 points+

I actually managed to wait almost the whole meal before diving into a little bread.  I decided it was worth it all warm, crunchy and screaming eat me, eat me Open-mouthed smile (SF + 2 WPA) – 2 points+

I did pick up a tall nonfat latte after lunch to savor as I shopped and prep for this week. I didn’t snap a picture (SF) – 3 points+

I have been thinking about my Better Than a Big Mac Burgers now ever since I started back on Simple Start/Simply Filling.

One delicious lean beef patty, “special sauce” pickles, lettuce, tomatoes on a sesame bun.

Last time I made these I used the Sandwich Thins (which you can count as Simply Filling).  But, today, I really did go for a big, bready sesame seed bun that I toasted on the grill.

Simply Filling + 3 WPA for my bun or 9 points+

I had a dab of the Healthy Potato Salad I made up for The Husband this afternoon.  (SF)

Here are my stats today:

• Simple Filling (SF): 12 WPA (Weekly Points Allowance) used, 37 WPA remaining
  • 26 Daily Points+ 0 WPA used, 49 WPA remaining
  • My FitBit Dashboard:

HERE IS WHAT’S ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

What is on your menu this week?  Any new recipes you are trying?

Lisa Finnegan February 23, 2014 at 9:15 pm

love the picture of Jay in the hat :-)

Gail H. February 24, 2014 at 3:37 am

Awesome weight loss!! I haven’t put together my menu yet, but I’m trying to make a few new things each week…you’ve sure inspired me :) I get my share of produce this week from Endless Organics so I knew there will be lots of veggies on the menu…and hopefully some kale chips, which I have yet to try! I am trying something new today, that has nothing to do with food…it’s 5:30am here on the East Coast, and I’m having my first cuppa…but at 6am I’m gonna head out the door…in the dark…to walk my 30 minutes :) Wish me luck!

Donna Kreiser February 24, 2014 at 8:16 am

Please tell me that you bought that basket. It is worth it just to think that your husband can randomly show up in that hat whenever his little heart desires. That is hilariously awesome!

DanicasDaily February 26, 2014 at 6:51 am

Lol – I totally should have!

Christine Y. February 24, 2014 at 8:18 am

Ahhhhh Jay….two uses for that basket…..

Great weight loss Danica! Today I will be making a classic tortilla and an asparagus tortilla that is completely simply filling and a delicious way to get my veggies in. Thanks for all the inspiration!!

Connie February 24, 2014 at 10:51 am

Congrats on the weight loss!
I just printed the Tortilla recipe and definitely plan to try it this week. I also plan to try Liz’s frittata recipe as well!!

I just made your Better than a Big Mac burgers over the weekend! I love to eat it wrapped in lettuce.

Bridget February 24, 2014 at 5:12 pm

How do I add you on fitbit? ;)

DanicasDaily February 26, 2014 at 6:52 am

Bridget,

You can search my email address danicasdaily at gmail for com and send a friend request.

Thanks,

karen mcbrayer February 24, 2014 at 8:12 pm

The basket shot “Home goods” Store? One of my favorites.

DanicasDaily February 26, 2014 at 6:53 am

Hi Karen,

You are good – it’s Home Goods. I love that store too.

Liz March 2, 2014 at 11:37 am

Yay Danica – let me know how the Fritatta works out! I made a vegetarian version of your southwestern egg muffins last week and they were so good. I have a bunch of WW friendly recipes and ideas on my blog but unfortunately I have just not taken the time to organize or make it more user friendly. The blog started out as a way to write about my migraines, but has turned into more of a daily food, travel, life conversation, like yours. I also use a fitbit and will request you… its more fun to have fitbit “friends.” :-) Love your blog!
Liz

Marie Weinstein March 9, 2014 at 6:39 pm

Danica, I know you love Starbucks and so do I. I love your suggestion for the caramel drizzle, but definetly need to pace myself, just wondering, here in NY the venti skinny girl is 5.49, is it that pricey for you?

Christine Flowers June 14, 2014 at 11:59 am

I just found this great web site. It inspired me to get back to ww and went to am meeting and meet some great ladies and what wonderful support!!!! Thanks, you sound so down to earth.!!!!
Christine