Happy Wednesday all! I definitely saw a few ideas on your menus yesterday that I think I NEED to borrow ~ thanks for for sharing! Yesterday morning I was up at 5 AM to get my workout in since I knew my day was going to be super busy.
I spent 32 minutes doing a 2:1 walk/jog combination on the treadmill then grabbing a banana before getting to work on BREAKFAST!
Do you all remember that 1 points+ Asparagus Tortilla my leader made us in our meeting last week? I can honestly say I have been dreaming about it ever since…..
Her version definitely looks prettier (I think she might not have sliced her asparagus first?), but, both were completely delicious. The secret is definitely in “frying” the asparagus before hand in a little olive oil, sea salt and black pepper.
I sauted my asparagus bites in 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until crisp tender. Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
Reduce heat to low and let the pan cool off for about 2 minutes.
She did tell us the “secret” to this recipe she used to get whenever she went to Spain was all about the technique. You could this similar to a frittata by slowly cooking the eggs and slightly lifting/tilting the pan and eggs to allow the excess eggs run to the bottom on the pan to cook.
Then, instead of putting the eggs in the oven to cook, you take a plate (yup, that’s my BIG plate LOL) and flip the pan and slide them back into the pan to finish your cooking.
You need to make sure your dish makes it easy to slide your eggs back into your fry pan or you will end up with scrambled eggs (still good though!)
Slice into 8 pieces and enjoy!
ASPARAGUS TORTILLA (Print it!)
- 1 lb asparagus, stems removed and sliced into 2 inch sections
- 4 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cups Egg Beaters or the equivalent eggs
1. Preheat oil in a NONSTICK pan over medium heat. While the oil heats, prepare asparagus. Add asparagus and saute for for 5 minutes, until crisp tender.
2. Reduce heat to low and allow pan to “cool off” for 1-2 minutes.
3. Slowly pour in egg beaters and cook over low until the eggs are set, tilting your pan and carefully lifting the “egg tortilla” letting the uncooked eggs run to the bottom of the pan, about 7-8 minutes..
4. Once the eggs are set and there is very little runny egg on top, place a plate over the frying pan and carefully flip the egg tortilla on top of the pan. Slide the egg tortilla back into the frying pan and finish cooking about 4-5 minutes.
5. Slice into 8 sections and enjoy!
Makes 8 servings, 2 points+ each or 16 slices for 1 points+, 100% Simply Filling
Nutritional information per serving calculated at caloriecount.com:
I actually had 2 slices stacked on top of each other, then topped with Sriracha for 4 points+
I had actually planned my day differently yesterday for lunch since The Husband made up a beautiful Tri Tip Salad.
Since I never had a chance to break for lunch, I ended up grabbing the snacks I packed instead.
A perfectly Hard Boiled Egg for 2 points+.
Trader Joe’s Lite String Cheese (1 points+)
All would be power foods and part of Simply Filling if you used Fat Free Cheese.
I had a “moment” while at my co-workers desk since we were working late and snacked on these Lemon Heads.
It DID sorta make me laugh that my candy said “Made with Real Fruit Juice” ~ really?! LOL…..1 points+ for the bag.
I didn’t end up getting home last night until 9 pm so we ended up grabbing Chipotle since by that point I honestly just NEEDED to eat real food.
decided to go with the 3 Crunchy Chicken Tacos because they fill them so much that you end up with a salad after you eat them. I LOVE that! (15 points+ or 5 points+/taco)
3 crunchy corn taco shells with chicken, pico de gallo, corn salsa, cheese & lettuce
I LOVE Chipotle!
Did anyone watch The Biggest Loser last night? What do you think of the new season so far?
Catch up with you all tonight!