The Aussie Beach Board Walk

by DanicasDaily on February 21, 2013

Happy Friday Eve all! I had so much fun reading your responses to this week’s Wordless Wednesday. We actually snapped pictures of these buildings here in Adelaide, Australia.   I honestly had no idea that Phuket was a town in Thailand, but, I do now.

One of the biggest things I have fallen in love with here in Glenelg, Australia is the beach walk.  We have managed to start every single day off with a nice, long walk along the beach board walk that runs from our hotel and down the beach for miles.

It is awesome to see so many people out in the early hours walking, running, biking, walking their dogs and swimming.

I love watching all the dogs (I swear they all have smiles on their faces).

The ocean water is so clear you can see the bottom and the white sand is soft on your feet or hard along the water if you wanted to let your feet get wet as you walk.

We have pretty much just stuck to walking and snapping pictures along the way being tourists Smile

IMG_0756IMG_0873IMG_0871IMG_1776

On the way back in, I stop for an Australian Iced Coffee.

They bring espresso straight over ice cream instead of ice ~ Yup, I totally have started almost every day with Ice Cream for breakfast.

While I get ready, The Husband has been my personal chef making up delicious Eggwiches….

With the fresh summer fruit we’ve picked up at the fruit stand.

Served up on our balcony over looking the beach.

The Adelaide Office that I am working at is absolutely beautiful.

A few of my co-workers told me we have 3 kangaroos and 1 koala on site although I have yet to find them. I am wondering if they are pulling my leg since I told them I had total visions that I’d see kangaroos hopping along the road.

For the record, we haven’t seen any kangaroos hopping along anywhere….

There are several pathways throughout the winery that you can walk and honestly the pictures do not do them justice.

I love the Giant Bird Mansion.  If I was a bird, I’d totally fly around the world just to hang out here.

We have the oldest Australian Wine Cellar that used to hold all the Hardy’s wine, but, is now used for parties and weddings like wine caves are used in California.

I honestly do think that Australia has the best sunsets of any place we have ever visited.  We both have way too many pictures of the sunsets so I just posted a few of our favorites from this week.

IMG_0843IMG_1844IMG_0846

I haven’t taken too many food pictures this week (I have only managed to whip out my camera in front of one co-worker, yet, three of them know about my site).  So, I am not sure if I’ll do a food recap of this week. I will definitely make up for that when we hit Sydney this weekend.

I cannot believe how fast this work week has flown by, but, I am incredibly excited for our vacation to begin.  Just one more day of work that may include a visit to one of our wineries, a tasty lunch and a wine/cheese cocktail hour to finish off the week.

Denise P. February 21, 2013 at 9:36 am

Wow, your work sounds “rough”. Thanks for sharing so many pictures. Enjoying the rest of your time there.

Jill February 21, 2013 at 10:08 am

Hey Danica,
Love your daily blog!!! What exactly is your job? I know you work at a winery… but what do you do there?

DanicasDaily March 31, 2013 at 10:07 am

Hi Jill,

I am a numbers girl and do all the Financial Reporting locally and internationally for the winery.

Allywan February 21, 2013 at 10:32 am

I am so jealous of you and this trip! I hope you have a great time!

Biz February 21, 2013 at 11:26 am

I don’t like being in the ocean – I got pulled by a riptide when I was 16 and have been afraid of the ocean ever since – but in soft sand and clear water, I think I’d get in it!

Glad you guys are having a great time, and for the record, you can never have too many pictures of sunsets. :D

VaMarcy February 21, 2013 at 2:19 pm

I totally have to go on a vacation to Australia now! Love your pictures and hope your vacation week is amazing!

Dotty February 21, 2013 at 4:03 pm

I have so enjoyed your pictures. Australia is on my list of places to visit and you have just confirmed that. Glad you are having such a wonderful fun/work time.

Dotty

Gail H. February 21, 2013 at 6:12 pm

Sounds like you’re having a great time!! You have to go across the Country to WA to see the Roos jumping across the road just like the deer I used to see in PA :)Enjoy the rest of your trip…have you had a vanilla slice, lamington, or matchstick yet ???

DanicasDaily March 31, 2013 at 10:08 am

Hi Gail,

Yes to the slice – too bad I missed out on the lamington and matchstick – what are they ?

Beth S. February 21, 2013 at 7:26 pm

I am really enjoying your pictures. I visited Australia in 2000. It is a beatiful country! You will LOVE Sydney!! Enjoy the rest of your trip!!

Randi February 23, 2013 at 12:12 am

This is a work trip? Amazing.