The Big Kid Dinner….

by DanicasDaily on November 15, 2012

Happy Friday Eve all!  I am so glad I was able to take you all along on yesterday’s post for the Barefoot Contessa Book Signing and Holiday Lights Festival.  It really was a fun day and I cannot decide which recipe of hers that I want to cook first.  Every single picture in the book makes me think, Oh, make this one, no wait, that one or how about this LOL.

Have any of you ever made any Barefoot Contessa Recipes?  If so, what did you make and what did you think of it?

I woke up 100% happy that today was my rest day this morning because I am just tired today.  Instead of hopping on the treadmill, I savored 2 cups of…..drum roll please…..

Starbuck’s 2012 Christmas Blend in K-Cups!!!

Christmas Blend @Starbucks K-Cups!!

It totally made my “healthy egg roll” seem spicier though LOL. (SF + 1 WPA) – 4 points+

My morning flew by so fast that I never snapped a picture of my banana.  I am pretty sure it is because I was dreaming all day about this Chipotle Bowl.  I have been craving their chicken and salads so I couldn’t wait to dive in.

2012-07-19_18-28-18_632

You can determine the points+ of anything you put in your bowl by visiting Chipotlefan.com.  My entire bowl is 8 points+.

I count this bowl as Simply Filling because everything in it ~ is!

• romaine
  • fajita veggies
  • chicken
  • 2 types of salsa ~ corn & pico de gallo
  • I skipped the cheese, beans and rice because I didn’t “need” them

I totally blame my hair dresser for my new Starbuck’s Drink addiction ~ The Salted Caramel Mocha!

LOVE! Espresso and steamed milk, blended with mocha sauce and toffee nut flavored syrup. Topped with sweetened whipped cream, caramel sauce and a mixture of turbinado sugar and sea salt.

If you order a tall as is, it is 9 points+ or SF + 6 WPA, however, that is way too sweet for me.  Save on points+ by getting only a 1/2 pump mocha with 1 pump toffee nut.  This reduces the points+ value by 2.  If you skip the whip, you save another 3 points+.

6 points+ or SF + 3 WPA since I ordered mine with whip so the caramel, sugar & sea salt could float on top of it…..it really is as good as it sounds!

The Husband was in charge of picking dinner tonight and I totally love that he was like a little kid when he did.

We started with Trader Joe’s Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup. (SF) – 3 points+

Then, moved on to mac n cheese (SF+ 5 WPA) – 5 points+

And finished with a “fall” fruit salad that included Fuji apples, persimmons, Asian pears, oranges and pomegranate seeds.

The “Big” Kid Dinner that totally hit the spot!

STATS (12 am – 10 pm):

• 2,573 calories burned
  • 7,865 steps taken
  • 9 WPA used, 0 WPA remaining (26 daily points+)
  • AL – 4 Activity Points, 88%

I cannot believe that we leave for Jamaica tomorrow night to celebrate Thanksgiving and our anniversary!  I am so excited but have so much to do, ummm, like packing, lol.  I have some fantastic guest posters and a really cool Active Link giveaway planned for you all while we are gone and I may pop in with a few recaps here and there.

I will catch you all on the flip side when we return and I am ready to get back in the Simply Filling Zone ~ I know I will need it after 8 days of all inclusive food & drinks.  Wish me luck!

Chris November 16, 2012 at 3:23 am

The Salted Caramel Mocha is so my favorite. FF milk, sugarfree Mocha and 1 pump Nut Toffee with salt and caramel drizzle is perfect. Have a great trip and a happy anniversary. Ours falls on Thanksgiving this year so we are going away also, only our destination will be cold. At least we’ll be away.

Jane November 16, 2012 at 5:22 am

First, have a great vacation and a wonderful anniversary. Now re: the Barefoot Contessa. I have all her cook books and make everything from her roasted chicken (every Shabbat) to lobster rissoto to her lobster.clam bake (a family favorite) to lamb. She introduced me to truffle butter on pasta or bake potatoes (can you say WW save me). I live her recipes because they are simple and I love her sense of style.

I haven’t tried any from Foolproof yet, will do so after Thanksgiving.
Jane

P.S. I didn’t know until this morning that the TJ soup is simply filling. Is the Pacific brand also?

DanicasDaily November 22, 2012 at 5:08 am

Hi Jane,

Yes, I would consider the Pacific Foods brand Simply Filling too.

Veronica L November 16, 2012 at 6:07 am

Love Ina’s Lemon Broccoli Fusili – not at all WW friendly, but oh so good!

Becky November 16, 2012 at 6:19 am

Have a fabulous trip! Jamaica is one of my favourite places in the world :)

suzanne November 16, 2012 at 7:26 am

Hope you have a fantastic trip! Can’t wait to hear all about it :)

Pam November 16, 2012 at 9:00 am

My summer go-to is her gazpacho. Right now I am making her roasted brussel sprouts about once a week since they are in season. They will have a starring role in next week’s Thanksgiving feast. YUM! Have a great anniversary!

Tiara November 16, 2012 at 9:12 am

BC’s Turkey Meatloaf is in regular rotation around here. My husband prefers it over all others! Have a great trip!

Toni November 16, 2012 at 10:56 am

Have a great time!!!!

Randi November 16, 2012 at 1:14 pm

Have a great trip. We’re going on our first cruise in March, cant wait. I’ve made numerous BC recipes. I use them all the time. Turkey sausage lasagna is an alltime fav, her thumpprint cookies, rugelah and spinach gratin( making for thanksgiving). Her carmalized onion dip is the bomb too.

Jeannette November 16, 2012 at 2:45 pm

You and the Husband have a wonderful Anniversary, Danica! Enjoy your trip!
J

Jenny November 16, 2012 at 3:02 pm

Enjoy your trip (and that coffee- yum!).

Irene November 16, 2012 at 9:59 pm

My nephew Logan and his wife…to be…Sadie will be married on Nov.20 on the beach in Jamaica. Happy Anniversary to you and please give them our love if you see them. Have a wonderful trip!