Hi all! This post is LONG over due and I thank everyone of you for your patience I have been slowly but surely working behind the scenes on the new site when time permits. I still have a ways to go on my site to do list, but, I wanted to share some of the FUN new things you can do and give you a heads up on what to expect by the end of the year.
Zesty Cook of Zesty Blog Consulting did a FANTASTIC job with the makeover of my site once again. I have worked with Zesty pretty much ever since I started blogging and cannot say enough about how talented he is with web design.
The BEST part is that he is extremely patient, guarantees his work and continues to help any time you have questions even after he has finished working on your site. It doesn’t hurt that he is very creative and can find a design with colors and logos that match your personality and style.
He custom designed my new header and my new logo (I LOVE my TREE FORK!) He even made sure to add my Favicon (the little tree fork left next to the web address above)
I could probably ramble on for day’s about how amazing Zesty is ~ instead, I will say this~
If you ever want to have anything added, designed and/or changed on your site, use Zesty of Zesty Blog Consulting. You will not be disappointed. His prices are reasonable and he can work with any budget.
WHAT’S NEW ON DANICA’S DAILY
On the top right bar, you can now not only subscribe to the rss feed (In your Reader), but, email, My Facebook ~ user name DanicasDaily and Twitter ~ user name Danicasdaily.
BUT, it gets even better ~ you can use the search bar at the top to search any word, key term and/or recipe to find something on my site. Use “the word” in parenthesis if you want to have it find a specific term.
NEW MENU BAR
* HOME ~ will always take you back to the front page.
* ABOUT ~ New all about me page ~ COMING SOON!
* RECIPAGE ~ My new Recipe Organizer ~ the best place to find my recipes, print them, save them, email and more.
* RECIPES ~ I lost my alphabetical recipe listing in the hack. I will be working to figure out how I can fix this page and/or may just remove it.
* DANICA’S DAILY SHOP ~ This is where I share all of my favorite things on Amazon. I will be adding things as I talk about them on here or think of them.
* SHIRT SHOP ~ A place to buy any Danica’s Daily items COMING SOON!
* LINK LOVE ~ Links to several of my favorite sites. I will be updating this list to remove inactive sites and add new sites I LOVE. If you want to be on my list, just let me know.
* CONTACT FORM ~ I LOVE hearing from you all. Use this form to send an email directly to me.
NOTE ~ to add a comment, simply click the word “COMMENT” at the bottom of any post.
* DANICA’S DAILY MOBILE APPLICATION ~ COMING SOON! For all the technology geeks like me, I am currently working on designing the app and hope to have it available for all smart phones soon!
SO MANY WAYS TO SEARCH & FIND THINGS
Click on any word in my TAG cloud to see any post that that includes that topic.
TWO DROP DOWN MENUS
Search my ARCHIVES by category (i.e. topic) or by month).
CALENDAR SEARCH ~ I LOVEEEEE this feature.
Missed a day or two or month. You can find my calendar in the footer. Simply click on the day you missed and that post will come up. You can go back to every day/month I’ve posted.
I have put pictures on my side bar that link to the areas I get asked about the most to make it easier for you to find the posts relating to them.
* TRAVEL ~ Check out all the places we have visited that I’ve blogged about.
* RECIPES ~ This will take you straight to my recipe organizer so you can search & print recipes.
* TRADER JOE’S GROCERY LIST ~ My tried and true list of the things I LOVE at Trader Joe’s. Print it to take it with you for a quick reference to help you navigate the store.
COMING SOON ~ I will be adding the points+ values to each item on this list and coming up with a regular Grocery Store list too. If anyone wants to help me put these together, “contact me”.
* POINTS+ ~ The posts I have done to provide information on the Weight Watchers Points+ program, what you can buy at meetings and any cool new things I’ve found like the WW Scanning and Tracking Apps.
* FAQ ~ Answers to the questions I get asked the most ~ COMING SOON!
Site Speed ~ I am still working through fixing the images that were changed when my site was hacked. I hope that after I get through them all, my site will be zippy again!
MY RECIPAGE ~ What is it and how does it work?
I LOVE the story of how Recipage came about. Emily of the Daily Garnish had her husband design this truly AMAZING Recipe Organizer for her site. He did such an amazing job with it that they decided to share it with everyone and RECIPAGE was born.
You can check out the Recipage Story over on her site ~ it’s so SWEET
I can whole heartedly say I have LOVED this organizer since the first time I saw it. I am pretty sure after you all see how it works, you will 110% agree.
I am currently working on entering all my recipes into my Recipage. I have about 240 recipes entered so far, and many, many more to come!!
FEATURED RECIPES ~ Just some of my favorite recipes of the month.
RECENT RECIPES ~ The latest and greatest recipes I’ve made and/or entered.
SEARCH ALL RECIPES by Ingredient, Key Word, Title and/or Ingredient.
BROWSE BY CATEGORY ~ Whether it’s the cooking method, course or Dietary.
BROWSE BY POINTS+ ——>MY FAVORITE PART!!
Once you click one of the search methods, you can view the recipes in two different ways
VIEW BY LIST or VIEW BY TILES
It gets better though ~ Click on the recipe picture or title to view the recipe.
This is where I think RECIPAGE gets so freakin’ cool!
* PREP TIME & COOK TIME: See how much time you need to make this recipe
* KEYWORDS: You can see the cooking method, course and points+ to the right of the picture.
* ORIGINAL POST: Check out my step by steps and see what I paired this recipe with.
* SEND TO ~ Printer, email the recipe to yourself or friends or your phone to take with you when you shop!
* GET SOCIAL ~ Tweet it and/or Like the recipe on Facebook
Every recipe will include a description of the recipe complete with ingredients, # of servings, serving size and instructions. If I use specific ingredients, I’ve linked those key words to a website to show you where I found them.
I think that summarizes everything about My New Danica’s Daily Website Design, what you all can expect and My New Recipe Organizer powered by Recipage.
If I missed anything, please let me know and I’ll be glad to explain it.
On that note…..I am off to work on catching up on your emails and comments