The Results are in ~ My Active Link Assessment

by DanicasDaily on September 4, 2012

Happy Tuesday all!  I honestly couldn’t wait to plug in My Active Link monitor to get my Assessment results yesterday.  All week long I have been wondering what my little monitor would tell me ~ am I someone who needs to move it, move it or will it show me I am not doing half bad with my every other day workouts?

I was actually pleasantly surprised when I saw that my assessment said I consistently earn 4 activity points each day with all the ways I move throughout the day including my workout.

Then, my second thought was ohhhhhh….now, for 12 weeks I NEED to earn 6 activity points a day and it goes up from there ~ wow!

Then, I scrolled down to see I am “In The Zone” and I felt better.  It made me feel so good about all the times I’ve gotten up early to workout and each day I begrudgingly take the stairs instead of the elevator.

It is pretty cool to see how your results compare with others when you check the show comparison box.

I definitely think my assessment is correct ~ I am totally the “Occasional Athlete” depending on the day of the week Winking smile

I had intended to give you all a full write up of all the features on my active link screens and results tonight, but, honestly, I got off of work late and am really tired tonight.

So, My Active Link 12 Week Challenge Post is to be continued another day this week when I can spend some time putting all the screens together I want to show you all.  Deal??

This morning I woke up actually craving cereal which doesn’t happen too often.  I mixed 1 cup of Bran Flakes with a banana and 2 organic strawberries. (SF) – 5 points+

My morning completely flew by with meetings and before I knew it, it was time to dig into last night’s Bacon, Tomato & Basil Pasta.

I am not sure what it is about pasta that makes it so amazing the next day, but, I am pretty sure I said in my head with each bite ~ “This is so good!” lol. (SF+ 2 WPA) – 7 points+

Paired with a big bowl of watermelon and grapes.

After drinking a big glass of water and waiting 10 minutes, I was STILL hungry so I decided to snack on a Light Sargento String Cheese. (SF) – 2 points+

Oh and a handful of cashews for good measure (SF+2 WPA) – 2 points+

My snacky lunch actually ended up holding me over for 4 hours.  As I headed into my last two meetings of the day, I grabbed a perfectly hard boiled egg and a pluot. (SF) – 2 points+

Who knew that the one menu item I listed out on yesterday’s Weekly Menu that we bought premade, you all would request for a recipe??  I think I need to recreate these meatballs for that reason alone Smile

We ended up picking up these Aidell’s Chicken Meatballs at Costco for one of the nights The Husband has agreed to cook for us.  He has been really trying to help out at least one day a week with the cooking since sometimes I do not get home until 8 or 9 pm.

They pretty much fall into the Teriyaki Chicken Meatball category based on the ingredients listed below.

They are 1 points+ each which is a total deal (3 points+ for 3 Meatballs) and Simply Filling Like.

Dinner was on the table in 10 minutes with practically zero cooking effort required.  Sometimes you really just need a meal like that when you are lacking time and energy.

I had 6 Teriyaki Pineapple Chicken Meatballs (SF) – 6 points+

With 1/2 cup Trader Joe’s Frozen Organic Brown Rice (SF) – 3 points+

And a little Sunomono Cucumber Salad. (SF) – 1 points+

I totally just stole 8 of The Husband’s Whoppers while typing this post too. (SF+ 2 WPA) – 2 points+.  It’s just a hungry, tired kind of day ~ what can I say Smile

STATS (12 am – 9 pm)

• 2,160 calories burned
  • 5,133 steps taken
  • 6 WPA used, 23 WPA remaining (30 daily points+)

Off to catch some zzzzz’s so I can get up for my early morning run.

Tami @Nutmeg Notebook September 5, 2012 at 6:41 am

Great job on the exercise Danica! I have bought those meatballs and thought they were really good. I served them as an appetizer at a party – so easy!

Jeannette September 5, 2012 at 8:16 am

Good for you and the affirmation of your workout routine! Gadgits are great, aren’t they! I’m thinking of going Simply Filling but am unsure about things like the Aidell’s Chicken Meatballs you mention in today’s blog. How do you figure these for SF? Is there something you look for in the ingredients, ie. all ingredients are on the SF list? I usually cook for myself, but sometimes I want to kick back and let Costco, etc., do the work for me. Thanks for the info.
J

DanicasDaily September 8, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Hi Jeannette,

Whenever I am presented with packaged foods, I try to break down the ingredients like you did to see if they are Simply Filling. In this case, I look at it as Teriyaki and chicken which both are Simply Filling. The last check of course is to say is if Simply Filling Like since not all ingredients add up to Simply Filling Foods – for example chips – both potatoes and oil are simply filling, but, chips do not even come close.

I did a post on my Simply Filling Like Logic awhile back so this might help explain it better. http://danicasdaily.com/shocker

Does that help?

Thanks,

Mindy September 5, 2012 at 8:53 am

I’m interested in your new gadget. I always have a hard time figuring out my activity points accurately. I’ve been wearing a pedometer and have been counting my total steps as my activity points but I feel like I’m cheating myself some days. It’s a lot harder to “run” a mile than “walk” a mile. You said that you’ve owned lots of gadgets how does it it compare to the others? I assume there is no contract with it it’s just the purchase price plus the $5 a month??? Looking forward to the continuation of the post =)

DanicasDaily September 8, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Hi Mindy,

You have to be a Weight Watchers E-Tools Subscriber to use Active Link. The purchase price is $39.95 then $5 a month after that but it is billed through your Weight Watchers E-Tools subscription.

Biz September 5, 2012 at 9:49 am

Sometimes you just have to used packaged foods – at least they were point friendly!

Amy September 5, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Just wanted to say I just started reading your posts and I look forward to them every day! Thanks!

Gail H. September 8, 2012 at 4:10 am

We love those meatballs, buy them at BJ’s and I skewer them with chunkcs of fresh pineapple and red peppers and brush with a bit of teriyaki , grill on my grillpan, and serve over brown rice. they are delish! I can see an active link in my near future, thanks for the great assessment…my fit bit is getting pretty boring :)

Emily September 9, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Those meatballs are amazing! Though FYI they are 7 points if you have two servings, not 6.

Jeannette September 11, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Thanks so much for the info on factoring SF from prepared foods. Logic seems the answer here. With your help I’m narrowing my concerns about switching to SF. :)
Jeannette