The Weight Watchers 360 Program

by DanicasDaily on December 3, 2012

Happy Sunday all!  Today is the day I wait for each year when Weight Watchers unveils the latest in their program and shares the materials for their new program.  The 2013 Weight Watchers program is called Weight Watchers 360.  I do not know what it is, but, I LOVE getting a refresher in motivation each year even when the program really doesn’t change too much.

Before I begin sharing my thoughts I want to answer the one question I know you all have…..

There are NO CHANGES AT ALL to the Weight Watchers Points+ Program and how it works.

The new 360 program is focused more on the science behind weight loss and improving their digital technology (which is awesome!)

The main focus in 2013 is helping to set everyone up for success in two ways.

First, by creating Power Spaces and setting your environment up for success.

I am a total believer in this as you cannot be tempted by what is NOT there.  If you know a food is a trigger food for you, then, do not bring it into the house.  Reserve it for the times you really want it and then, go out and buy a single serving.

The second thing focuses on changing your habits and developing new routines to make the program your lifestyle.

Weight Watchers is focusing on the adage that says it takes 21 days to build a habit and plans on helping all their members take baby steps by picking one new routine to create each month.

The handouts have 16 routines to help you get started on the right foot and in the right direction.

Everything else about the program remains the same….There is still a focus on tracking being the #1 key to success and I think it’s awesome they are showing everyone it’s a tool to learn how to make better choices down the road.

The Weight Watchers PointsPlus program still encourages everyone to get in the same Good Health Guidelines as a baseline for their daily eats.  Activity will be encouraged through AL.

I really like how the paper trackers really focus on showing you how to fit the good health guidelines in your day with a focus on Power Foods.  The new approach this year will encourage members to focus on maximizing their satisfaction and health with power foods.

The other “BIG” changes will include interactive meetings with videos, an improved E-Tools and….drum roll please….an improved Mobile App!

There are some fun features like Snap Shot (taking pictures of your food to add to your tracker) that are on the horizon too!

While I do think the changes are fun as they focus on the “Big Picture”, part of it is all in the marketing to “refresh” the look of their existing products.

The new Deluxe Kits, now called the Ultimate 360 Kits are pretty cute.

But, what makes them fun are the collapsable measuring cups, tape measurer and full workout DVD.  The journal inside was developed by Jennifer Hudson’s Weight Watcher leader too.

I had to do it….I couldn’t pass up the new Turn Up The Flavor Cookbook.

Yes, I totally gave into my recipe addiction, but, there are some tasty looking recipes inside.

And…..A section that identifies all the recipes that are SIMPLY FILLING!!! I am so glad Weight Watchers is back to identifying the recipes that are SF!

That pretty much sums up this year’s updates so far.  If any of you have specific questions, please ask and I’ll do my best to answer if I can.

After the meeting, we headed over to Starbuck’s for lattes and a banana.

Grande Nonfat, Decaf Latte with Caramel Drizzle on top (it makes it like a marshmallow on top of the foam). SF – 3 points+

After running a bunch of errands this morning in the pouring rain, we headed over to Panera to warm up with Soup.

French Onion Soup (SF + 2 WPA for the croutons/cheese)  ~ I swear one day I am going to order just a bag of these croutons to put in my soup – they are so completely buttery, melt in your mouth good.

1/2 a Chicken Cobb ~ sans the stinky cheese for low-fat swiss and with the dressing on the side.(SF+1 WPA for the dressing) plus a baguette. (SF + 5 WPA).

Using Panera’s Nutrition Calculator if you are counting, my meal is 13 points+.

We had our 3rd holiday party of the season tonight at one of our friends house.

We were greeted with wine and appetizers as soon as we walked in the door.  On my plate a little wine, merlot cheese (this was amazing!), asparagus tortilla, a few nuts, a cracker with olive spread and a cracker with roasted red pepper spread.

The Grill Masters!!!

Seriously….they made perfect pork chops taste amazing simply by seasoning with salt & pepper.

The sides….Roasted red potatoes.

Trader Joe’s Fire Roasted Corn

Parmesan Asparagus

I LOVE her house and want her to come decorate ours! Everything was so festive and fun.

See what I mean….super juicy with the perfect seasoning and a little smokiness from the grill.

My entire plate is 100% Simply Filling except for the slice of bread on the side.

She is seriously the hostess with the mostest….

Flour De Sal Caramel on vanilla bean ice cream with a dark chocolate almond cookie and decaf coffee ~ the perfect finish.

I am off to catch some zzzz’s so I can hop on the treadmill in the morning.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

What is one thing you are looking forward to with the Weight Watchers 360 Program?

51 DanicasDaily December 30, 2012 at 7:28 pm

Hi Ellen,

As long as you are 2 lbs less than the highest weight in your weight range, you will be free. If not, then, you only pay the weekly fee until you get back into your target range (being 2 lbs less than the high end). The beauty of the being lifetime in addition to being free, is that you get etools and all the apps for free as well.

You will be back to goal in no time at all!

52 DanicasDaily December 30, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Hi Cindy,

Yes, they still provide the weekly handouts and I really think they are getting better and better each week. There is a section from one of the leaders, a section for tips, discussion about the topics, a weekly recipe and weekly workout. You are also now being encouraged to write down one thing you will focus on as a goal each week on the back too.

Thanks,

53 Pat December 31, 2012 at 3:21 pm

I seriously need help in accountability. I am thinkinking “seriously about joining Weight Watchers. I have found a meeting place near me(15 mi.) I am slightly reluctant due to some of the negative comments on your blog regarding the points plus program, wondering if this plan could jhelp me lose weight since I cannot seem to lose weight on my own. Should I let these comments weigh in on my decision? It costly so I am concerned about the negative comments.

54 DanicasDaily December 31, 2012 at 8:29 pm

Hi Pat,

Thank you for the comment as this has been something I have been wanting to address to help out everyone who has struggled with the pointsplus program since it was introduced in 2011. The pointsplus program was not perfect when it launched, but, I do believe the changes and recommendations made in 2012 have fixed that for several people.

Let me start out by saying that there is not a one size fits all program for every person – not every program works for everyone. I 100% believe in the WW program and that if you truly work it following the Good Health Guidelines, tracking and being accountable and moving more, that it works. I also would encourage you to sit down and work with your leader if you find the program isn’t working. 9 times out of 10, they know a way to help get the scaling moving down again.

You can read all about the 2011 program in this post to get an understanding of the points plus program in general as that is the foundation of the current program WW uses.

WW realized that their initial pointsplus program needed a few tweaks as some people ran into challenges of losing at a slower rate than they desired or in some cases gaining. They updated the program to address the concerns of their members by providing additional clarity around the guidelines and reducing the daily points+ target by +/- 3 points+. They really encouraged everyone to listen to their bodies to see if they were hungry when they were eating and not just eat the daily points+ because they have points+ available. You can read about these updates/tweaks to fine tune the program in this post.

The thing I love about Weight Watchers is that they teach you how to change your lifestyle by making better choices by selecting nutritionally sound foods (power foods instead of empty calories, i.e. 100 calorie packs). They really focus on helping you to make sustainable changes that you can live with versus quick fixes. For example, they teach you that if you want a piece of chocolate cake, have it, but, only have one slice, not three. They do not tell you not to have the cake ever because honestly, who will never eat a piece of cake again. It’s all about making changes and eating healthy 80% of the time and finding ways to fit in the things you love to eat 20% of the time.

If you feel motivated and ready for a change, then, I encourage you to check out a local Weight Watchers meeting. I would not let someone else’s experience sway your decision – try it out for a month during free registration and then, make the decision based on your own experience.

If you believe in yourself and commit to being 100% honest with yourself by being accountable and writing it all down (good and not so good days), then, you will succeed.

I’d be more than happy to answer any other question you have – just send me an email at danicasdaily at gmail dot com.

Good luck and keep me posted,

55 Pat Lawrence January 1, 2013 at 1:23 pm

I got rid of all the material when I first started ww. And I would love to go back
to the old program…anyway you can email me the information?

56 Sonia January 1, 2013 at 1:58 pm

I have to agree with you ladies, the old system was so much easier! I lost close to 35 pounds in 8 months just by following online. I was maintaining myself pretty well until Points Plus was introduced. I started gaining again and just became so discouraged with the plan that I finally gave up on WW altogether and have been trying to find another path. I may follow suit and try to do the old program again on my own. I never understood why they felt they needed to change a system that had been working just fine for so long, and for so many!

57 Elizabeth Farro January 1, 2013 at 5:15 pm

I agree I only had 18 pts on old program and always did well. Found old program harder and believe its important to count everything even the fruit.

58 Valorie Radley January 1, 2013 at 6:07 pm

So last winter I signed up for weight watchers but feel like I did not either understand or missed the mail outs. No support, have things changed because I truly think this is the best program ever. Had great success several years ago.

59 DanicasDaily January 1, 2013 at 9:17 pm

Hi Valorie,

Yes, WW has narrowed there focus with the Weight Watchers 360 Program by having members focus on mastering just 3 things.

1. Tracking
2. Spaces ~ Making sure your environments are set up for success
3. Routines aka developing healthy habits

There are also two power start sessions ~ One for Spaces and One for Routines to help you understand how you can master them.

Each week there are Weekly Handouts that help explain the topic as well as give you tips, a recipe and a workout idea.

They have 1:1 tutorial sessions with the leaders and throughout the month based on topics that members have said they would like help with from e-tools, to the apps, to shopping at the grocery store, cooking, etc.

If you found a leader who was not helpful, I highly encourage you to try another meeting until you find someone who motivates you and can help you understand/work the program. Not all leaders are great, but, I have found through experience, if you try a few out, there is always someone out there who is awesome.

Good luck,

60 lisa marshall January 1, 2013 at 9:54 pm

I need more info on thet cost of this program..

61 Bri January 2, 2013 at 7:33 am

Dear Danica,

I found your website this morning when I was surfing the web for more information about the Weight Watchers’ 360 plan. I am thinking about doing Weight Watchers online. Will the 16 Routines and helpful 360 tips be available to online members? Or will this information only be available to members who attend meetings? I would like to learn all of the 360 Routines but I am too busy to attend meetings at this time.

Also, I live in a small town down south. I saw a Weight Watchers facility for the first time this past weekend. It is located in Anderson, South Carolina. If I become an online member, can I go to that Weight Watchers facility to buy Weight Watchers products? Or can I only by products online? How do I prove that I am a Weight Watchers member online if I do go to that facility to purchase products?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Bri

62 Lori January 2, 2013 at 8:18 am

Because Weight Watchers is in the business of weight loss. They must of noticed the old program was not a good fit for their corp pockets. I have to agree with you 100 % Sonia, the old program is a keeper. The new program is very slow and discouraging. It feels so wrong not to count that 2 point banana..lol

63 Irene Balfour January 2, 2013 at 11:19 am

I would like to subscribe to the Weight Watchers 360 degree’s program for free?

64 Darlene January 2, 2013 at 12:26 pm

I had kept my wt off for 2 yrs and as soon as I tried the new Program I to have had a terrible time and now have gained 6 lbs . I find it hard with all the fruit and to many points..I long for the old program to come back.

65 christine January 2, 2013 at 3:00 pm

I am so glad to find other people that feel the same way I do about the old program!!! I lost 20 lbs on the old program but nothing on the new – I actually gained a couple of weeks. I think I threw away the old information or I would try to do it on my own. Maybe we should all start our own support group LOL.

Elizabeth – I couldn’t agree more about the fruit. I really think the reason I gain sometimes is because I eat a lot of fruit and don’t count it.

I may go back to WW because it helps me to go to meetings ad the support but I’m not sure yet. Good luck to everyone!!!

66 Becky January 2, 2013 at 7:11 pm

I earned my key in October of 1986 just 11 months after the birth of my first child. I have since gone back to WW several times over the years. They have no record of my earning my key (I cannot remember what the leaders name was at that time, but I can show you my big key). The last time they charged me for missed meetings (a few years ago). This whole business was disappointing to me, I earned that key with hard work and many months of being on program.

I also agree that the points were easier to manage and successful to me when I earned my key in 1986.

67 Nancy January 2, 2013 at 8:03 pm

I’ve been doing Weight Watchers for close to 40 years. The best program they came up with was the original Points Program. When the switched over the Points Plus, I had just lost 17 pounds. I ended up gained weight on Points Plus and got very discouraged. I saved my old book and have been following the original Points for the past month now. There is a website called OneMorePound.com that has all the information for the original Points program, including an online calculator.

68 Anita January 3, 2013 at 12:36 pm

I agree with wanting the old program back, but, I mean the exchanges, that program help me alot, and it is healthy. If something works why change. I kept my cook books.

69 Maria Bencosme January 7, 2013 at 9:22 am

Hi, happy new year to all,

I’m glad that i’m not the only one that think that the old program was better, when the point plus program start, it has been very difficult to me to maitaing my weight, and the 360 it is the same program, same values, i decided to star with my old program 18 poinits daily, and believe me it works fine for me.

thanks to all,

70 Laura January 10, 2013 at 5:32 pm

I agree…the original Weight Watchers was the best! Was on it for 10 plus years and then points plus came along…no good….am a lifetime member but haven’t weighed in for a year…hope 360 is closer to the WW that I know and love…

71 hedy rodriguez January 13, 2013 at 7:29 pm

Hi my name is Hedy Rodriguez and I’m 47 year old; my weight is 216 and my height is 5’7. I want to lose at least 170 to 180. help me I want to reach my goal for 2013 please help me reach my goal.

72 Tammy January 15, 2013 at 10:51 am

I was told that even if you are life time and within your goal you do not get etools free. I would love to have etools.

Tammy

73 Antoinetta Mintcheva January 15, 2013 at 12:31 pm

Hi, my name is Antoinetta,
I,m 165 pounds but I need to loose wait because I was diagnosed with
Osteo Artritis on my tow hips, I need to loose 30 pounds as soon as possible.

I saw your add on television and I want to know more about it.

Please contact me via e-mail.
Thank you!

74 marjorie schaller January 18, 2013 at 10:23 am

I have joined ww about three times.I find that after the meetings and the new ones remain to go over rhe program…….they really don’t spend enough time with you to really catch on. I have gone back to the old program and I am doing very well.It is a lot easier for me and the points on the wwdinners are less points. Thats one of the reasons I went back.I have every book they have ever given to anyone in a class.My family was also on it…..so I have all their books as far back as at least 25 yrs. wow!

75 Tina January 27, 2013 at 11:11 pm

I was so happy when I found out I was not alone in having great success on the Points program and little to none on Points Plus. I tried OneMorePound.com and found PointsPlus info! Did it change? Help! How can I find the original information? I hate thinking that WW changed it simply because people found success too quickly!

76 Arlene February 5, 2013 at 10:01 am

I have been a member from 1999-2003 then 2005 to 2012 and have enjoyed the December ‘changes’ along the way. At the same meeting 360 was to be introduced we lost our long time Leader, an office closed and she wasn’t allowed to stay on as ‘just’ a leader as she had also worked in the office too, who honestly kept me going each week, AND our area now became part of WW Canada and not a franchise.
What a change that morning!! Our new ‘leader’ now became the ‘Greeter’ and the receptionist weighed us in… in the open front area, no private area. We lost our ‘bond’ with the Leader as we laughed, despaired, cheered, as we stepped on the scale. Our Leader now walked into the class and had to ‘ask’…who lost weight? who had difficulty this week? who had a super week? in front to of the class. Privacy was at a minimum with the Leader now. :(
The new program.. 360…was new but not improved in my opinion. if you were just starting out then you didn’t have anything to compare it to…. I lost 65 pounds on the old program as many others have stated here and struggled to lose more in the points plus ….
I decided with ALL the changes that took place at our meetings it was time for me to leave. So now I’ve dug out my OLD program and am trying on my own at home. Good and bad weeks, as usual, but slowly back to losing…..

Good luck to everyone……

77 Arlene February 5, 2013 at 11:17 am

Christine…I’m with you! Start a support group of our own!! No laughing matter at all…..

78 Karen February 6, 2013 at 11:56 am

I never tried the old weight watcher program, but have had friends tell me how much better they did. I wish I could see the old plan.

79 Carol St Georges February 16, 2013 at 7:27 am

My husband and I need to lose weight and I am thinking of joining weight watchers online. In reading all the info though it seems that the new programs are not as good as the old ones. Is there any way I can join and get the information for the original points program ? If we don’t see results I know we will both get discouraged. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks
Carol

80 Karen February 25, 2013 at 12:50 pm

I was on WW in 2011 & lost my goal weight to become lifetime member. Since then I was injured on my job & have been out of work. Home bound with a fiance who is a wonderful cook. Lucky me!! Except I cannot excersize nor walk much. Ive gained weight back & would like to join the program again. My fiance will also join so he can help me. I would like to go to a meeting as often as my body allows I cannot sit. I need to be weighed in I felt that helped me the most. I would like to have etools & all the other options I had before. So what is the best to join? Does 360 have etools,meetings & point system? I am also getting his mom to join, so what is my best option. I live in Astoria NY. Please help me. Thank you!

81 Myra March 11, 2013 at 10:23 am

Could someone clarify what the “old program” is? I think I have the program materials from the one before 360. I bought them in 2007 or early 2008. I am about to start the program again and not buy 360.

82 Erin March 13, 2013 at 7:40 pm

I have an extra book of WW points. I can mail it if you want it!

83 Cherylann Boutilier March 14, 2013 at 8:21 am

How do I join the 360 program and is there a fee? Do I need to purchase anything and if so what, from where, and what is the cost? Please respond as soon as possible. I live in Toronto, Ontario. Thank You for your time and assistance. Cherylann.

84 Judy & Don Stites March 23, 2013 at 1:45 pm

I would love to have a copy of ww points.I just signed my husband with ww and we are lost. We use to be on the old ww and loved it!!
Thanks
Judy Stites
Harrison TN

85 DanicasDaily March 31, 2013 at 8:53 am

Hi Lisa,

The best way to find out the costs in your area is to visit http://www.weightwatchers.com and click on find a meeting to find a location near you or click on join online to sign up online.

Good luck

86 DanicasDaily March 31, 2013 at 8:54 am

Hi Bri,

You should be able to access everything online that members get in meetings as members are encouraged to use e-tools (the online tracking and phone apps). Anyone can buy Weight Watchers products at any location. If they give you a difficult time, you can always tell them it’s as a give.

87 DanicasDaily March 31, 2013 at 8:55 am

Hi Irene,

The message boards and some of the features at http://www.weightwatchers.com are free, however, the program itself does cost a weekly fee either at a location or online.

88 DanicasDaily March 31, 2013 at 8:56 am

HI Becky,

Did you try calling the 1-800 number? They might be able to help you more than the people at the meeting location you went to.

Good luck,

89 DanicasDaily March 31, 2013 at 8:57 am

Hi Antoinetta,

You can find out more information about the program by going to http://www.weightwatchers.com and clicking on find a meeting or clicking on join online.

Good luck,

90 DanicasDaily March 31, 2013 at 8:59 am

Hi Karen,

There are two options available. You can join online which is the most inexpensive option, however, it is only online. Or you can go to http://www.weightwatchers.com and click on find a meeting location to join a meeting near you.

All members who join with the monthly pass get unlimited meetings and e-tools for free. You can also buy weekly passes or pay by the week, however, I am not sure if these two options include e-tools. I believe they do as well – so you get the best of both worlds – meetings and online.

Good luck,

91 DanicasDaily March 31, 2013 at 9:01 am

Hi Cherylann,

You can join the Weight Watchers 360 program by going to http://www.weightwatchers.com and clicking on a find a meeting to sign up at a location near you. Or, you can click sign up online to join the online program. Both programs contain a weekly or monthly fee. You do not need to purchase anything as everything you need is included in that weekly/monthly fee. They do have items at the meetings that you can purchase if you choose too, but, they are not required to work the program.

Good luck,

92 Liz April 4, 2013 at 12:31 pm

Danica,
I am starting WW again on Saturday. I stumbled across your website when I was looking for information on the new 360 program. WOW… what a gold mine this site is!!! I have been on it now all morning. Anyway just wanted to thank you for sharing your insights and information.
Also, you may have this somewhere on your site but I haven’t seen it… Do you have any experience or feedback on Paleo and WW?
Thanks!

93 Terri April 12, 2013 at 1:28 pm

Hi, Sonia,
I read your blog about the ‘old’ WW being better than the ‘new’ one. I signed up with WW on-line on 3-2-13 & have lost 9 lbs. in 3 weeks. What is the different in the ‘old’ & ‘new’ versions of WW? My daily pts. are 26 and weekly bonus points are 49 (which I’ve never used). I walk at least 6 t0 12 miles per week and do at least 4 hours of manual labor clearing wooded land, which is very intence work. If you have anything that would help me understand the difference in the 2 versions, would you share it with me.
Thanks,
Terri

94 Shawn May 10, 2013 at 7:35 am

I want the new 360 kit.. Do I have to join WW to get the material and do it on my own

95 Chavi May 28, 2013 at 7:54 pm

I just read through all your comments. It really got me inspired to go back to tracking. I also feel the way most of your writers do – that I like the old program better. I actually mentioned this to my WW leader and she told me that MANY people have told her the same thing and she encouraged me to go back to points before it was PointsPlus. If something is working for you – there’s no need to change.

96 Barbara Phegley September 14, 2013 at 8:40 am

Joanne, I would like to go back to the old ww plain could you e-mail it to me would appreciate it. Barb.

97 DanicasDaily January 2, 2014 at 1:44 pm

Hi Liz,

I have never done Paleo, however, based on what I do know the Weight Watchers Simply Filling Technique would be very similar to that. You can find out more information about how that technique works by checking out this post I did that explains it.

Good luck,

98 DanicasDaily January 2, 2014 at 1:45 pm

Hi Shawn,

Yes, you can attend the first meeting to get all the materials to follow the program on your own.

99 Brittany January 18, 2014 at 4:57 pm

I’m sorry, but I couldn’t disagree more! I lost 50lbs in less than 4 months with Weight Watchers Points Plus without exercise or pills or any other weight loss aid. The old points system focused on calories while the new one focuses on carbs and fat. Personally, when I only count calories, I do not lose weight. But I got fast and amazing results from points plus because carbs and fat are what my body responds most to. I went from a jean size 18 to a jean size 10 since September ’13. Using ONLY Weight Watchers Points Plus. So, I refuse to believe the plan is to blame. Maybe some bodies respond better to cutting calories, but not mine.