The Wine Tasting Open House & My New Digs!

by DanicasDaily on January 11, 2013

Happy Friday all!  Thank you again for the welcome back ~ I am getting a little better each day and it feels great to feel “normal” again.  In am doing my best to ease back into things, however, I think I’ve realized my life is just busy with so many fun things going on.  Today has been such a busy, but, incredibly fun day.

I’ve decided to just ease back into eating and I’ll begin tracking/counting again on Sunday.  Today started off with my favorite new addiction….

Jamba Juice Vita-C Boost ~ It’s so delicious with peaches, oranges, bananas, orange juice, orange sherbet and Immunity/Anti-Oxidant Boosts.

2013-01-11_07-48-04_508

Paired with my completely plain oatmeal that I have eaten almost every day.

We had a working lunch today and they brought in sandwiches from one of my favorite shops called Genova Delicatessen in Napa.  What makes their sandwiches amazing aside from their handmade meats and fresh bread is the balsamic tomato, onion, basil, pepperoncini salad they add.  I had 2 halves – one ham and pepper jack

The other turkey and cheddar….so delicious you do not even miss the chips.

Today was the day I have been waiting for all week long ~ Our Open House Wine Tasting!!!  Too bad I couldn’t taste along with everyone because of my antibiotics/cold.

That’s ok, I helped put together a delicious spread of food to make up for it!

This was my favorite section on the table….

Merlot BellaVitano Cheese and grapes…..I got my “wine” fix in through this cheese Open-mouthed smile

Brie + Apricot Jam on crackers & Jalapeno Artichoke Dip on crackers!

I didn’t eat any of these…..no funky meats for me….

Or green olives….I do like black olives and “sometimes” the purple “beer” olives though.

Cookies!

All served up in the coolest conference room we have in our office.  The back wall is a huge wine rack that lights up.

Before everyone arrived for the party we took a couple of pictures of the Accolade North America Team!

Close Up!  I honestly love all my co-workers ~ they are so fun to work with and totally like my family away from home.  They make each day “fun” at work.

Our Wine Open House was to say high to all our neighbors in the building and to give everyone the tour of all the renovations we did before moving in.

All of these clocks are in front of my office so I can pretty much tell you what the time is in 4 different continents at any given time Winking smile

This is our kitchen……

With super fancy water and Keurig Machine ~ LOVE!

I realized today I never showed you all pictures of my office.  It’s still a work in process as I slowly put up some decorations and The Husband finishes building my wine barrel table!

The view I see every day….nope, I haven’t yet figured out what that building is other than it’s a historical building from 1907.

I am probably the only person who thinks Cookbooks count as decorations, right?!  lol….

My Dad took this winery picture and put it in a frame for me to put on my wall…..my picture of the picture does not do it justice at all – it’s beautiful!

After the tour, we chatted it up with our neighbors and chowed down on all the deliciousness.  I’d definitely say today my appetite is finally back.  I had 3 plates like this and probably could’ve eaten more if I wasn’t so busy talking.

I have some really cool announcements to share with you all coming up soon!  For now, I am off to catch up on the new Biggest Loser!!! I am so glad it’s back on!

Gail H. January 12, 2013 at 4:44 am

OMG I think you have my dream job! I’m always after my FIL in Australia to find me a job in a winery…even tho I’m a nurse and he continues to look for nursing jobs :) Love your office view! How bout some wine reviews???

DanicasDaily January 13, 2013 at 7:03 am

Hi Gail,

I will work on that especially as we developed new products…..there are some great things in the works!

margie January 12, 2013 at 5:50 am

Glad you are feeling better. Looks like hubby took good care of you. I think he needs to use your blog and do a how to for other husbands who don’t quite have the how to take care of wife when sick!!!!!
Your office is lovely. You live in a beautiful area!
Thanks for sharing I use so many of your recipes!!
Glad your up and about.
Enjoy your weekend.

Lia January 12, 2013 at 6:54 am

So glad you are all better, I missed seeing your blog, as I look forward to reading it a couple times a week, glad you are up and running again. Sounds and looks like you have a wonderful job with great co-workers. My cousin works at Tablas Creek Vineyards and really loves it, Enjoy your new job Danica.

Lucia January 12, 2013 at 7:12 am

What a lovely office and I am so glad that you are feeling better and have a great doctor. I miss your posts, because they give me encouragement. Your husband is a gem, that is now a days, very difficult to find, especially when you hear what other women go through in their relationships. Glad to see you back and thanks for sharing your new digs!

Carbzilla January 12, 2013 at 8:58 am

So glad you’re feeling better. I’m so glad you love your coworkers. I do too, and it makes it so much easier to go to work every day.

I’ve been back on plan since New Years, and I’m down 5 lbs already. Just goes to show you that not everybody is meant for Paleo or Gluten-Free or Weight Loss vitamins, etc (everything else I’ve tried in the last year). For some people, a balanced diet and exercise is all we need.

I wish I could go to the anniversary celebration today, but I have too much going on. Take care!

DanicasDaily January 13, 2013 at 7:04 am

WTG Tiff – you are a superstar!

NORMA DIFAZIO January 12, 2013 at 9:09 am

We missed you! So glad you are feeling better…

Dolores January 12, 2013 at 10:27 am

Beautiful surroundings! It fits you perfectly.

Diane January 12, 2013 at 11:44 am

Glad you are well on your way to 100%….Now I am hungry after looking at all that food….have to go and make lunch!

Bonnie January 12, 2013 at 2:28 pm

Your office is lovely. It’s so great you aren’t in a cubicle UGH!! I was there for way to many years it made me grouchy :) Actually I decorated it and had a great time changing it seasonally but am glad I’m not in it anymore :)
Blessings,
Bonnie

Mary January 12, 2013 at 6:39 pm

Glad you are liking your new job so much and glad you are feeling better!! I want to ask what the ‘funky meats’ are wrapped around. The meats look like at least proscuitto and salami and maybe coppa. All are sooo good!! But are they wrapped around string cheese?

DanicasDaily January 13, 2013 at 7:05 am

Hi Mary,

We bought them at Costco and it said they were wrapped around mozzarella. I never even thought about it until you asked – I bet it is string cheese lol.

Mary January 13, 2013 at 10:37 am

That’s an awful lot of cheese!! LOL

Jenn@slim-shoppin January 12, 2013 at 7:12 pm

Glad you are feeling better! Your office looks great!

Pat January 12, 2013 at 8:54 pm

HI! So glad you are feeling better, but try not to over do it right away. Your office looks great and your co-workers too. Oh that kitchen complete with Keurig–YES!! That food made my hungry now I need a snackie, lol. Take care.

Carol T. January 14, 2013 at 7:56 am

Glad you are feeling better. Love your office, it is so bright and cherry….My office does not have any windows.. never know what the weather is doing. Nice picture of you and your co-workers.. Nice loss on WW – keep up the great work.

have a GREAT week!!!!! Keep smiling…

Kelly January 14, 2013 at 8:01 pm

First of all, I’m soooo jeally of your job! I would love to work in the wine industry. Do you get to wear jeans to work everyday? Another reason to be jealous! Cute pic of you and your crew!

DanicasDaily January 14, 2013 at 11:14 pm

Hi Kelly,

Thanks! We do not get to everyday, but, do often on Fridays or if we are touring the winery, warehouse or grapevines.

Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats January 16, 2013 at 10:42 am

I’m soooo glad Biggest Loser is back on too!! That break was WAY too long. I wish there were 100 more shows like Biggest Loser that actually HELP people. It’s so inspiring and I never get tired of it season after season.