Are you all ready for a super easy recipe for Vegan & Gluten Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies that are only 3 Weight Watchers Points+?! I recently experimented in the kitchen to create the PERFECT Vegan & Gluten Free Cookie for my Great Fundraising Act Bidder.
Whether you are vegan, gluten free or not, you will probably LOVE these cookies. The Husband was sad I was shipping them all off….until, of course, I told him they were Vegan/Gluten Free. He didn’t know they were not my usual Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies! Even better….I’d even venture out to say my bidder LOVED the cookies too!
A few of the things I learned in my journey to create the PERFECT Vegan & Gluten Free FULLY LOADED Chocolate Chunk Cookie for my winning bidder.
* You NEED to keep your Vegan Buttery Sticks Cold ~ otherwise, you will end up with flat cookies.
* Have FUN with flavored flours. I decided to use Almond Flour (ground up almonds) & Coconut Flour (ground up coconut) because they have add a delicious nutty & coconutty flavor to your cookies.
* Bulk up your cookies with goodness ~ chocolate chips, chunks, nuts, dried fruit. Just be sure to check EVERY ingredient to make sure it’s Vegan & Gluten Free. You might be surprised at how many companies now label their products “V” and “GF” ~ It’s awesome!
* You can use 1 Tbsp Ground Flax mixed with 3 Tbsp water to replace Eggs. However, I think in baking cookies, Ener-G works better.
VEGAN & GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
- 1/2 cup COLD Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Sticks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Ener-G Egg Replacer mixed with 2 Tbsp Water to replace 1 egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup unblanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 2 cups SunSpire Dairy Free, Gluten Free Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3.5 oz Trader Joe’s 72% Vegan, Gluten Free Swiss Dark Chocolate, cut into chunks
- Feel free to add in 1/2 cup of dried fruit or dry roasted, chopped walnuts. Just reduce the chocolate chips by the amount you add.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or a sil pat.
2. In the bowl of an electric or stand mixer, cream together the Earth Balance and both sugars. Add the Ener-g egg and vanilla. Beat well.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix for a minute to incorporate. Stir in the chocolate chips and chunks.
4. Drop by the teaspoonful onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 13-14 minutes until the sides and top are golden brown.
5. Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Remove and cool completely on a cooling rack.
Makes 36 cookies, 3 points+ each
Nutritional information per cookie
Have you ever baked anything vegan and/or gluten free? What did you make? Do you have a favorite Web-Site and/or Blog you like to visit?
FUN FACT that some of you may not know about me ~ I tested out being Vegan & Gluten Free when I first started blogging with one of my friends. The VEGAN/VEGETARIAN part stayed around for a bit, but, I only lasted Gluten Free for about a week. I truly admire those who can do it all the time.
I probably have too many sites to list since I spend way too much time looking at recipes, but, here are a few I check out regularly.
* Gluten Free Goddess ~ Her pictures/recipes ALWAYS make me want to try gluten free things.
Happy Friday ~ Catch up with you all later!