Week 1 Kick Start Results & Photo Recap

by DanicasDaily on December 17, 2009

Happy Thursday all!  Ok, so I am a day late and a dollar short (it’s all that Christmas Shopping & Celebrating) :D But, I owe you all officially TWO days of recaps (not counting the vacation finale lol) now.

I finished off my Weight Watchers Kick Start week and lost .6 lbs (it’s down, but, I so think I earned more LOL).  So there was a little chocolate celebration that happened yesterday.

I am going to continue the philosophy this week with 1 party exception.  The goal is to have around 3-5 pts for breakfast, 5-7 pts for lunch, 1 or 2 2-3 pt snacks and 8-10 pts for dinner all while getting in ALL your HEALTHY GUIDELINES.  You make it all work within your point range and for those following along check out page 41 on your Week 1 book.

My GOAL for this post is to mainly do a picture recap with very little words at all ~ think I can do it?!  You all just might have to make a few guesses on what I ate :)….so here it goes!

Vanilla 0% Greek Chobani ~ YUM!

IMG_6595IMG_6596IMG_6600

Banana + Vanilla Chobani + Cinnamon TJ’s Fiber Twigs + Cinnamon + Trail Mix = 4 pts

Hawaiian Sushi Roll! (9 pcs = 5 pts)

IMG_6607IMG_6608 IMG_6610

My NEW LOVE ~ a 1 point (each for TWO) Mini Ginger Spice Shortbread Boy by McTavish ~ they taste just like homemade cookies!

IMG_6612IMG_6613IMG_6614

Dinner = Salad with Newman’s Light Lime Vinaigrette (1 pt)

Plus Healthy Chicken Parmesan (Want the recipe??) ~ AMAZING! 5 pts a svg!

Plus 1/2 c Barilla Plus Multi-Grain Pasta drizzle with a little EVOO. (4 pts)

IMG_6618  IMG_6622

WEDNESDAY ~ Started off in my NEW favorite bowl mug

Nature’s Path Multi-Grain Flakes, Cinnamon, Pear, FF Milk ~ MMMM! 4 pts

Honey Roasted & Smoked Turkey Breast, LF Colby Cheese, Carrots = 3 pts

FANTASTIC FALL SALAD in Winter!

Romaine

Cucumber

Cherry Tomatoes

Fuji Apple

Fat Free Feta

1/4 Diced Avocado

2 Tbsp Trail Mix

Made In Napa Valley Blackberry Pear Balsamic Vinegar

Freshly Ground Pepper

All for only 6 POINTS!

Stacy’s Parmesan Garlic Pita Crunch on the side ~ 2 pts worth

The chocolate celebration involved this AMAZING Chocolate xoxox Bar I received in my blogger exchange!

FANTASTIC STATS ~ 1/3 of the bar is only 3 POINTS!!!! The description is really how it tastes!

Funky poem on the wrapper inside.

IMG_6651 IMG_6650

Cute heart stamps but I was bummed that the big lumps I was feeling was not WHOLE Almonds in each bite.  Still, there was plenty of almond crunch ~ I LOVE this bar!

My FAVORITE chicken tacos x 2! 8 pts

Seems so boring to not tell my story as I go, no?! Do the pictures say it all? Eh, maybe….anyway – it works for a FAST post since I chose to hang out with The Husband watching Pelham 123 last night instead of blogging.  That movie is pretty good and intense – LOVED it!

You have until 8:00 PST tonight to enter and WIN your choice of KNOCK KNOCK products!  Make sure you enter all 3 ways for your chance to win!

Must go work now…… :D See you all tonight with the KNOCK KNOCK winner!

1 Danielle C. December 17, 2009 at 10:30 am

I would LOVE the recipe for the healthy chicken parm.

2 Food Makes Fun Fuel December 17, 2009 at 10:46 am

salted almond sounds amazing

3 Michelle December 17, 2009 at 10:50 am

my GOSH what adorable little shortbread men! I couldn’t stop at 1 serving that’s FOR SURE!!!! The hawaiian roll you got also looks amazing!!!

So would you mind telling me more about the WW kick start program? Are you doing the online program by itself? Is it better than losing weight without the program…at least so far? hehehe

4 Tay December 17, 2009 at 11:43 am

Congrats on your weight loss this past week!! So happy for you :-) And good luck with week 2!

5 Holly December 17, 2009 at 12:06 pm

i am pretty sure this post is anything but boring – your eats look AWESOME! and yes, i would love a good recipe for healthy chicken parmesan. and that chocolate bar is droolworthy, for sure!

congrats girl on the weight loss – keep on going – you are beautiful inside and out :)

6 janetha b December 17, 2009 at 1:19 pm

gorgeous photos in this post D! i love it! ok so let’s see what did i want to say? yes i want that recipe. your yog bowl photos are impeccable, great job on the loss! woo! and hooray for chocolate celebrations! i love the font that the shortbread container has ~ random, i know. ummmmm i cant remember what else. oh yeah! i love you! OH and YUM SUSHI! :D

7 N.D December 17, 2009 at 3:05 pm

Oh my gosh – that mini shortbread man looks so good. I’d want him to be a soft cookie but he’s probably hard. You make me want to eat well and count my cals again. Are all of chobanis 0%?

8 Naomi (onefitfoodie) December 17, 2009 at 3:50 pm

vanilla chob’s is so great!! I love jazzing it up with some fun mix ins like granola or dried fruit!

the snack plate of smoked turkey, cheese and carrots is awesome! I love the combo of turkey and cheese!

those mini gingerbread men MAY be the cutest thing I have seen all day :)

9 Jenny December 17, 2009 at 3:50 pm

congrats on your amazing progress.. oh, and taking the most tantalizing pictures ever. I’m hungry!

10 FoodCents December 17, 2009 at 3:55 pm

D, congrats on your awesome progress, lovely!!!!

Glad you enjoyed the tasty chocolate as a celebration. That might be my new favorite chocolate bar!!!

11 Tasha - The Clean Eating Mama December 17, 2009 at 6:17 pm

wow – LOVE your eats on this post! That pasta dish looks amazing!

12 RunToTheFinish December 17, 2009 at 6:24 pm

MMMM the sushi and the salad both look amazing…I wish WF was right near my house I’d eat a big ol salad every day

13 katie December 17, 2009 at 9:11 pm

WOW that salad looks awesome! actually all your eats do!

14 DanicasDaily December 18, 2009 at 10:22 am

N.D ~ No, not all of them are 0%, but, the ones I’ve seen are 0% or 2% still not bad. The gingerbread mad is actually soft – SO GOOD, I have to give them away or I’d eat the entire family :D

15 DanicasDaily December 18, 2009 at 10:24 am

Michelle~ Actually, I do the entire Weight Watcher Program no matter what challenge I am working. I fit it into my points and focus on clean foods. The Kick Start is just where they help people get used to making healthy choices. Weight Watchers provides a list of meals you can pick from and they even provide the shopping list and recipes if you like too. Each meal has a set points limit so you can mix it up as long as you stay within your points. I actually LOVE the meetings and go every week even though I may not always blog about it. With the meetings (and monthly pass) you get access to everything online as well for FREE so it’s a best of both worlds. I highly recommend the program. Feel free to email me with any questions or what not, I’d be glad to answer them if I can.

16 DanicasDaily December 18, 2009 at 10:28 am

Ok all ~ I will make sure that I post the Chicken Parmesan Recipe soon. I may have to recreate since I didn’t take step by step photos (too hungry and messy :D)

Thanks for all the nice compliments – LOVE you all!

17 maureen cancilla January 22, 2012 at 8:00 pm

I would love to have that chicken parm receip to ……..iam new to ww and hope to have enough motivation to have a great turn out