Weight Watchers 2012 Updated PointsPlus Values

by DanicasDaily on December 10, 2011

Happy Saturday all! I had to start off today saying you all took your “Dipping and Dunking” to a whole new level!  I always thought it was ONLY tomato soup and grilled cheese ~ who knew you all LOVED dipping pb&j in your chili and chicken noodle ~ I LOVE that….I wouldn’t do it, but, I LOVE you all the same LOL.  It’s good to know I am not alone too…..

Several of you have asked if any of the Weight Watchers PointsPlus Values changed with the 2012 Updates.  I have to take back what I said on my initial post ~ My thoughts were since the formula didn’t change, the pointsplus values of foods shouldn’t have changed.

What I didn’t count on was the USDA Updating their nutritional information for foods such as Wine, Steak, etc.

In fact, several of you may notice some changes in the new Pocket Guide as well as the Complete Food Companion where they give “average values” for foods.

SOME FOODS WENT UP IN POINTS+ VALUES WHILE OTHERS WENT DOWN.

IMG_2078

“Average” values are based on the USDA guidelines ~ when you see a 4 oz glass of wine, it is based on an average ~ some wines are more and some wines are less, but, when, they are averaged, you come up with a pointsplus value in the middle.

Last year the USDA considered a 4 oz Glass of wine ~ 4 points+

IMG_2076

This year, the average is now ~ 3 points+

I know all you wine drinkers out there are doing a Happy Dance!

IMG_2077

For all those wondering what else changed ~ I’ve Hooked You UP!!!  Thanks to one of my FANTASTIC READERS (who is almost at goal after losing 50 lbs!) ~ she shared a PDF file that her leader gave her of all the changes in PointsPlus Values for 2012 in the Pocket Guide.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD AND PRINT A COPY OF THE NEW VALUES!

Keep in mind this is ONLY for the Pocket Guide and not the Complete Food Companion which may have more foods listed that changed.  If you track ONLINE, then, this doesn’t impact you since e-tools has been updated ~ it’s more of an FYI for you.

My BEST advice is to ALWAYS calculate the food based on that products nutritional information  when available, as it will be the MOST accurate.

Speaking of NEW products ~ breakfast involved this Cinnabon Cinnamon Bread that I ALWAYS eye in the store.

IMG_2032

I usually pass it up because it’s 3 points+ a slice, but, I finally decided for a “weekend” breakfast it might be worth it.

IMG_2033

Especially when you get 2 slices of Double Cinnamon French Toast topped with ICBINB Spray and 1 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup (7 points+)

IMG_2040

Plus 2 slices of “Maple” Turkey Bacon for protein staying power! (2 points+)

IMG_2041

After breakfast we busted out our decorations and put up our Charlie Brown Christmas Tree….I don’t know what it is, but, our little tree ALWAYS makes me smile whenever I walk in the door Open-mouthed smile

IMG_2049

Today we were tackling all our errands (Laundry, Costco, Trader Joe’s, oil change, etc.) and Christmas Shopping for all our families.

Afterall ~ all day shopping = power shopping = activity points in my book Winking smile

Mid Shopping Fuel ~ Grande Dirty Latte ~ how I have missed these!!!

Fat Free Decaf Latte with 1 Pump Mocha (4 points+)

IMG_2051

I am actually pretty proud of The Husband ~ I think I shopped him til he dropped, but, I am proud to say we managed to get about 90% of our presents bought today!

Lunch was at Panera ~ I got the half salad and soup!

1/2 BBQ Chicken Salad

" “All-natural, antibiotic-free chicken, romaine lettuce, roasted corn, black beans, tortilla strips & BBQ ranch dressing, drizzled with BBQ sauce”

IMG_2058

French Onion Soup

IMG_2056

Plus an apple as my side…..over chips or BREAD!

IMG_2057

The REALLY cool thing about Panera aside from being absolutely delicious, fresh and good for you….you can plug in your meal in their online nutritional calculator to determine the nutrition to calc the points+.  My entire meal was 12 points+.

IMG_2054

Dinner tonight was fast, easy and totally worked for The Husband’s teeth.

Ling Ling Potstickers (I LOVE these when you don’t have homemade!) (7 points+)

IMG_2070

Spicy Asian Slaw (2 points+)

IMG_2068

Plus 3 Aidel’s Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs (3 points+)

IMG_2072

• Total Daily Points+: 38
  • Total Activity Points: eh ~ shopping, decorating, and being on our feet for 10+ hours nonstop I am sure counts for something!

Speaking of Quick Meals when you don’t want to cook ~ Enter my Satisfying Giveaway Here!

Tomorrow is my first weigh in after being back on track.  I feel like I’ve had a good week and I hope the scale shows that.

Catch up with you all tomorrow with my Weekly Menu!

Night!

Amy z December 10, 2011 at 9:42 pm

That is the same exact lunch I get at Panera whenever I go!

missmarisol December 11, 2011 at 1:59 am

Good luck with your weigh in. I know you’ll do great. How’s the shoulder?

DanicasDaily December 26, 2011 at 7:58 am

HI Miss Marisol,

My shoulder is slowly but surely getting better. It still aches and is a bit weak, but, it is nothing compared to before.

Thanks for asking,

Rikki White September 17, 2013 at 7:20 am

Hey MissMarisol,
Could you please send me a Points Plus Food List if you have one. I have looked all over the internet for one and I can’t find a good one.Thank You!!

Allison December 11, 2011 at 6:09 am

TJ’s has awesome chicken [or veggie] potstickers, too!

sofia December 11, 2011 at 10:49 am

thanks for the new points plus list!

Gail H. December 11, 2011 at 11:02 am

Weekly menu is back, YIPEEE! Thanks so much for the changes…and me finding out that I’ve always been counting 5oz of wine as 4P+…when it was really 5 I guess? Love your Charlie Brown tree :)

Roz@weightingfor50 December 11, 2011 at 5:20 pm

Thanks for the new point value pdf. Saves me sifting through the new material. I DID to the wine happy dance, followed by the avocado happy dance, but my dancing was less jubilant for the almonds and fat free cream cheese!!! have a wonderful week Danica.

Lindsey December 11, 2011 at 5:49 pm

Thanks so much for the PointPlus point change list!

Frani December 12, 2011 at 7:37 am

Thanks so much for the food list – it’s really helpful. By the way, I saw on TJ’s site that lifetime members at goal who are weighing in every month and are within the 2 pound limit of their goal are now eligible for free e-tools. I was so psyched when I saw this. Then I went to my class and discovered that because I am in a franchised area that it doesn’t apply to me – just thought I’d mention it in case this happens to anyone else. I’m really bummed and told my husband we need to move!

DanicasDaily December 12, 2011 at 10:00 pm

Hi Frani,

I asked my leader about your situation and this was her response ~ I thought it might help you out.

“I did not know there were any franchises left…..WW has been scooping them up for years and not starting new ones.

I would imagine somewhere in her area there is a WW center she could attend that is not a Franchise….if she is LT at her goal weight she only has to weigh somewhere once a month….she does not need to be a member of a particular center or location. She could weigh at a corporate owned location….get her free etools……then attend her mtgs at her franchise. Now that would be the scenario in Ca. I think some states have slightly different rules.”

Good luck!

Frani December 13, 2011 at 6:45 am

Thanks for the idea Danica! I sent an email to WW to see if there is a non-franchised site in my area. I think my leader said that the person who owns our franchise has owned it since 1966 (the year I was born)!

Rikki White September 17, 2013 at 7:22 am

Hey Danica,
Could you please send me a Points Plus Food List if you have one. I have looked all over the internet for one and I can’t seem to find one anywhere. Thank You!

Jen December 13, 2011 at 2:45 pm

I wonder why wine is still 4 points in the online tracker then? I hate the inconsistencies between meetings and online. Bummer.

DanicasDaily December 26, 2011 at 7:59 am

Hi Jen,

I agree ~ from what I have been told ~ online will always reflect the most accurate information. I also think it varies depending on the type of wine from from I can see online.

Hope that helps a bit,

kellyo December 24, 2011 at 4:12 pm

Hi Danica! Merry Christmas. I’m thinking of signing up for WW online but can’t find any information about tracking via iPhone. There is an app, but it has very poor reviews. Do you know if tracking points, activity, etc. with a smartphone is an option? Thanks for you help!

DanicasDaily December 26, 2011 at 8:01 am

Hi Kellyo,

Th Iphone and Droid apps are actually very similar and I LOVE my WW app. It is fantastic for tracking, adding favorites, scanning products to add to your tracker, tracking your weight, checking out recipes and more. It all links up with WW online so if you update your phone, it updates etools.

I think the reason the iPhone app has poor reviews is I’ve heard that the scanner doesn’t work so well if you have a first generation iPhone. The newer iPhones do not have that issue.

You could always do the Free Trial of WW online and download the app for free to try it out.

Good luck and let me know if I can help in any way,

Nancy December 28, 2011 at 5:56 pm

Can someone email me and let me know how to get my phone to update my new point/extra point values. My phone says it has changed to the 2012 update, but my numbers haven’t changed :(

thanks!

DanicasDaily February 5, 2012 at 9:24 pm

Hi Nancy,

Your Weight Watchers app should automatically update on its own.

Yaddie January 9, 2012 at 9:53 am

Hi, is there not a link where i can print the ww point list so i can have

DanicasDaily February 5, 2012 at 9:23 pm
Jacqueline January 30, 2012 at 9:45 am

I was wondering if you can post the entire list. I don’t have the money to go to meetings/join. I received a list from a few years ago by my sister-in-law, and realized they’ve changed the points pretty frequently. I would appreciate it a lot, as I’m trying to lose 50lbs!

Thanks so much!

DanicasDaily February 5, 2012 at 9:23 pm
Sharon September 21, 2012 at 6:09 am

38 points? I can only have 17 daily. Am I doing something wrong??? I weigh 149 lbs., am 5’5″, woman and walk 2 mile 3x a week. Most I can figure I’m allowed is 18 if I am sure to do the walking!

Summer November 15, 2012 at 10:56 am

Is there another link to the list of foods? The link above doesn’t work anymore :( Thank you!

DanicasDaily November 15, 2012 at 11:03 am