Weight Watchers Active Link & My Weekly Menu

by DanicasDaily on August 26, 2012

Happy Sunday all!  Thanks for all the congrats on being One Size Smaller and on my .6 lb weight loss this week.  I honestly could not wait to get to my meeting today to pick up my Weight Watchers Active Link.  I have a fun new gadget that I hear is similar to Fit Bit although the companies are different.  You know I have to give it a name (like my BM)

Meet AL (for Active Link)! lol…..

I have been hearing my leader and a few of my friends who work at Weight Watchers rave about it now for months.

As you all know, I do have a slight gadget fetish, but, I am all about spending the money to invest in myself when it is going to benefit me by helping me to change my lifestyle.

I could spend $39.95 going out to dinner, the movies, at Starbuck’s or I could buy something that helps me achieve lifelong results by indirectly encouraging me to change my lifestyle.  There is also a $5 a month fee that gets billed through your weightwatchers.com e-tools membership.

In the box you will find a clip on the left to wear the active link on your hip, shirt or on your bra.  The Active Link is the USB drive in the middle and then, there is a clip on the right in case you want to wear it as a necklace.

I will say I WISH there was a cord in the box to wear it as a necklace….I feel like if you give me a clip to wear it as a necklace, then, it needs to have the necklace.

Setting up the Active Link Device is super easy.  You plug in the USB, download the FREE Active Link Software at GetActiveLink.Com.  Then, sign into your Weight Watcher’s E-Tools account when it pops up.

There are a few steps to follow to set up that take about 2 minutes.  You select your time zone and the place where you plan to where your active link…in your pocket, on your belt/waist, tight on your chest (inside your bra so no one sees it) or loose on your chest (on that necklace they didn’t give you) Winking smile

The home screen pops up with a notice letting you know that your first 8 days are an assessment.  Active Link uses this time to determine what your average baseline activity is each day.  Your baseline is the minimum activity you need to achieve each day factoring in all your movement throughout the day, not just when you exercise.

Once your baseline is determined, Active Link will create a 12 Week Challenge that is customized for you based entirely on your average baseline activity plus a little increase by week to help encourage you to move more each week.

The one thing I think makes Activity Link Better than any device I’ve used (Body Bugg, Body Media, Garmin, Pedometer, Heart Rate Monitor ~ told ya, I like gadgets lol!) is that it is WATERPROOF!  you can wear it swimming or if you accidentally wash it, it’s OK.

The one thing that was a selling point for me is that it is linked up to my Weight Watchers E-Tools tracker to I can truly see how many Activity Points I earn each day and not just “estimate”.

It does NOT sync with the Weight Watcher’s mobile app yet, but, I am hoping they get on board with making that happen soon too since it is how I track/view my day most days.

I also like that you have to meet your baseline activity BEFORE your activity points kick in.

Since I am just in Day 1 of my Assessment, I do not have a full review for you all yet.

I am planning on completely reviewing my Active Link and then doing a post with full comparison to my Body Bugg and Body Media (BM) Devices along with a daily STATS comparison.

Would any of you be interested in me hosting an Active Link Giveaway?

This morning I started off with 2 of my Blueberry Mini Muffins (SF + 3 WPA) – 3 points+

And a mini gala apple picked off the vine.

After the meeting, we stopped at Starbuck’s for breakfast part II ~ Grande Nonfat, Decaf Lattes with caramel sauce drizzled on top. (SF) – 3 points+

After running around to pick up a few things for this week’s menu and doing a little yard work, we stopped at The Joy of Eating.

I cannot believe that I am still willing to have this salad over their phenomenal BLTA’s

Teriyaki Chicken Salad with Homemade Sesame Miso Dressing on the side!  It was so delicious I honestly did not miss having a BLTA and I even turned down a bite of The Husband’s sandwich.  Crazy, but, so cool (SF + 2 WPA for the dressing) – 8 points+

After lunch, I turned all those veggies I bought at the Farmer’s Market yesterday……

Into this fantastic Roasted Vegetable Barley Ratatouille Salad ~ It’s fresh, vegan and I made it up just so I have lunches ready to grab and go this week.

I also finally made up some homemade Turkey Apple Sausages that are 100% Simply Filling.  These little patties just might be better than the real deal…The Husband devoured two before I told him they were made with turkey Open-mouthed smile

After spending a little time prepping in the kitchen and catching up on emails, comments, etc., we sat down for tacos using our leftover Healthy Nacho Fixin’s.

I topped two Mission Extra Thin Yellow Corn Tortillas with 1/2 cup Turkey Taco Meat, 2 Tbsp RF Sharp Cheese, lettuce, tomato, green onions…..

Homemade Salsa Fresca that I could honestly eat by the spoonful….

And a 0% Greek Yogurt drizzle for sour cream. (SF + 2 WPA) – 6 points+

Some recipes that I’ll be posting this week in addition to the weekly menu ~ Those Blueberry Mini Muffins, Lemon Barley Ratatouille Salad and my Homemade Turkey Apple Sausage Patties.

HERE IS WHAT IS ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

Q’s:

Do you have or did you buy an Active Link?  If so, what do you think so far.

51 DanicasDaily March 31, 2013 at 10:26 am

Hi Chuck,

Yes, you can plug active link into multiple computers – you will just need to download the free software on each computer. Unfortunately as of now, Active Link does not calculate steps, but, I sure hope they add that feature some time.

52 Heather April 9, 2013 at 8:50 pm

Hi all,
So I bought the active link from WW. I went through my eight day baseline and now am in my 1-2 challenge week. However, as much as I love this thing, and I do, there is some kind of issue I can’t figure out and Phillips couldn’t answer me. On Sunday I took two 20-25 minute walks, but then was relatively unactive. I checked at 6 or so and it only showed two bars. I spent the next hour or two doing aerobics and finally earned one point. Today I had earned 86% by the time I had come from walk. I had also taken a 25 minute walk this morning. When I got home I went for another walk and still wasn’t finished. So I did Wii Zumba for about 45 minutes and finally filled it. I earned three points. HOWEVER, and this is where my question lays, on WW etools (which is linked to activelink) it says I have earned 23 points. So I am wondering if we are really earn more than one or two points, but since we are in a challenge we are only given a certain amount of points? Anybody know? I would love feedback on this one. Heather

53 Christine April 14, 2013 at 3:19 pm

I registered my AI stating that I plan to wear it on my bra strap. If I want to switch the placement to my waistband only during exercise, will this affect my AI activity level readings?

54 Jamie April 25, 2013 at 11:54 am

Does the activelink light up at all during your assessment phase? Will it show you percentage during the assessment? Im trying to figure out if maybe I didnt charge it enough? But I have been active this morning and no lights at all yet! But wasnt sure if i wouldnt see any lights until the 8 day period is over! Thanks for help!

55 Minnie May 20, 2013 at 11:31 am

I use a baby’s diaper pin or you can find any kind of large pin and pin it on your bra
or in your bathin suit, and I pin it on the outside and hook the active link in the inside of the garment as to touch your eskin and there is no way it will fall. Try it.

56 heather August 15, 2013 at 11:58 pm

JUST STARTED USING IT. LOVE IT. ITS BETTER THEN THE GYM. I LIKE TO GO A GYM POOL.GOOD EXCERISE. TRY IT. ITS VERY MOTIVATHING. AM DOWN IN WEIGHT GOT MY 10%.AM EXCITED.

57 Stemberly1 September 30, 2013 at 10:46 pm

i must be the only stupid one! I registered mu activelink for the assessment already 2 wks ago!! but I still can’t figure out what to do with it. Iive been wearing it on my bra strap but nothing seems to happen. Do you know what happens to me when Im psyched and then things don’t work?????? try too imagine….. my eating plan goe wacko!!! Please help

58 Melanie October 6, 2013 at 11:22 am

Hi I was wondering if I could save on shipping and buy AL at a meeting and what is the price at a meeting.

59 DanicasDaily October 26, 2013 at 6:16 am

Hi Heather,

AL takes into consideration all of you activity throughout the day, not just when you are “working out or active”. This is how you can earn 1-2 or more activity points in a day. You can definitely earn a lot more than that based on how active you are. The goal throughout the challenge is to have you reach your baseline, then, anything above that is considered activity points.

Hope that helps,

60 DanicasDaily October 26, 2013 at 6:18 am

HI Christine,

You know, I am not sure. I know you can change the position online telling AL where you planned to wear it, but, I am not sure as I think this would change it for the entire day versus a workout. Possibly through trial and error you can see how it goes.

61 DanicasDaily October 26, 2013 at 6:19 am

Hi Jamie,

Nope, AL does not light up at all during the assessment phase. However, once you get past the assessment phase, you can watch the lights add up each day.

62 DanicasDaily October 26, 2013 at 6:20 am

HI Stemberly,

I would contact the Active Link support to find out what is going on with your AL. If you do not plug in to sync AL, then, it will not know you are finished with the assessment. Perhaps this is what is going on?

Good luck,

63 DanicasDaily October 26, 2013 at 6:20 am

Hi Melanie,

Absolutely. AL is $39.95 in meetings and they sometimes have coupons to give you like $5 off.

64 Janet W. November 11, 2013 at 8:01 am

Love your website!! I bought and AL and it is in the port right now going through the light up time to charge. It has been there awhile and I wanted to know how long it will take to be completely charged. Also, I have not had to sign up or long into anything yet. Will this come after it is charged up? Thanks

65 Janet W. November 11, 2013 at 8:19 am

OK> It is all green now and yet I have not signed into anything. When do I do this?
Thanks!

66 Lisa December 1, 2013 at 7:00 am

I finally popped the AL into the necklace holder, but how do I get it out to charge it at night? I feel pretty dumb, but the only way I see it coming out of that case is to break it out! (I actually wanted to put it in the clip for my belt, but I couldn’t figure out how to fit it into the mechanism. Thanks!

67 DanicasDaily December 3, 2013 at 6:32 am

Hi Janet,

It should take about 10 minutes give/take to charge usually less if you do it daily. Next step is to go to the active link website, download the software and set up your profile, then, sync and you are good to go.

68 DanicasDaily December 3, 2013 at 6:34 am

Hi Lisa,

I haven’t used the necklace, however, have used the belt clip. You pop it out of the clip and plug it into your computer USB slot to charge it.

Hope that helps,

69 Lisa December 3, 2013 at 6:47 am

Thanks, Danica! My husband messed with it and got it out, but I kept thinking he was going to snap it in half in the process. I appreciated your response. Have a super day. :)

70 Deirdre March 9, 2014 at 2:50 pm

Can anyone tell me how to get the active link OUT of the holder???

71 Lynn Wilkison March 18, 2014 at 4:55 am

Hi!
Got my Active Link! Do I plug it in any during the Assessment Phase?