Weight Watchers Points Plus Material Corrections

by DanicasDaily on December 8, 2010

Happy Hump Day all!  The message boards have been busy about changes to the Weight Watchers Points Plus Dining Out Guide, Complete Food Companion and Pocket Guide.  Thanks to one awesome reader, (Maura!), I have all the information you need to print out the corrected information and put it in your books.

CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE WEIGHT WATCHERS LINK

OR

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE PDF FILE!

Not sure why the meetings do not include these as handouts other than they probably want people to buy the books without a hitch.  Either way….The latest version I have is version 7 issued on 12/01/2010.  If you have a more recent one, feel free to send it along and I will post it for everyone.

Ok…..Product review catch up time!

Did you all know that Whole Foods is now carrying refrigerated Organic Almond & Soy Milk?

I LOVE using Almond Milk in smoothies and when I just want something different from milk.  I first discovered Almond Milk during my Vegan Adventures and I LOVED it.  The ever AMAZING peeps at Whole Foods sent me a gift card so I could try it out.

The BEST part is its only 1 POINTS+ per cup.  So, if you are looking to make a super low point smoothie with FREE first, this is what you want Smile

It’s super thick and creamy with just hints of raw almond flavor.  They make sweetened and vanilla flavors as well.

The “secret” ingredients in today’s smoothie….Yup, I totally used my Biscoff Spread!

Eh, 3 points+ a serving is a lot for a 1/4 cup, but, it’s only 1 point+ by the tablespoon.

For those wondering who makes this Pumpkin Spice Granola.

1/2 c Frozen Farmer’s Market Organic Strawberries (0 pts+)

1 banana (0 pts+)

1 Tbsp of the BEST Spread you will ever eat – Biscoff (2 pts+)

1 cup WF Organic Almond Milk (1 pts+)

1 Tbsp Pumpkin Spice Granola for added crunch (1 pts+)

Deliciousness!

My smoothie actually kept me full for 3 hours before I busted into one of these FiberOne Chewy Oats & Strawberry Bars.  It’s been so long since I have had one of these bars and I couldn’t resist how good this flavor sounded when the FiberOne folks asked if I wanted to give them a try.

IMG_1942

3 points+ a bar isn’t too bad.  4 is definitely my limit Winking smile

IMG_1943IMG_1944

These are as delicious as they sound ~ crunchy granola, nutty almonds and loads of chewy strawberries.  The strawberries are definitely my favorite part.

Lunch was some more leftover Baked Turkey & Bacon Macaroni & Cheese Goodness with an orange.  I have 4 cups today for (13 pts+)

New Trader Joe’s Product Alert!  Have you all seen these Social Snacker Crackers and Cheese Squares????

3 points+ for 8 cracker’s isn’t too bad when you are eating a buttery, crispy, melt in your mouth sociable!

I actually bought the cheese without checking the points+ first (I know, it was an impulse buy ~ I LOVE cheese and can’t help it LOL).  I am pretty darn excited to tell you that it’s only 1 points+ a slice! Open-mouthed smile

I think I could “almost” sustain on cheese and crackers!  6 points+ and worth every one.

I actually pondered added soup to make it a complete dinner, but, decided that since The Husband had to work late, I’d have fun in the kitchen.

I have honestly been wanting to make Cara’s Spaghetti Squash Torta ever since I first saw her guest post over at Dani Spies.  Ok, since I am being honest, let me just say I have like 50+ recipes from Dani bookmarked that I want to make Open-mouthed smile

It may sound intimidating, but, it’s actually pretty easy to make.

I whipped up all the ingredients while I roasted my spaghetti squash in the oven at 425 for 45 minutes.

Sauté your onions and mushrooms until soft and the water releases.  Add Italian sausage, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes.

Wilt in your spinach, season with salt & pepper.

Whisk together 1 egg with a container of ricotta, parmesan, garlic salt and pepper. – Looks like cookie dough, huh?

Add in the roasted spaghetti squash.  Stir to combine.

Then layer it up using half of everything, then, repeating ending with CHEESE!

IMG_3002IMG_3004IMG_3005IMG_3007

Tadah!!!  I’ve never made a “strata” before but I consider it a success because it didn’t fall apart when I took the spring form off Open-mouthed smile

Cara, you are AMAZING!  This has the flavor of lasagna complimented by the sausage and the crunchy spaghetti squash.

I had TWO slices like this for a total of 7 points+ (spaghetti squash & all the veggies = 0!)

I know I am behind on your emails, comments and tweets, but, will catch up soon!

Stay tuned for another AWESOME GIVEAWAY coming up tomorrow.  For now, I need some zzzzz’s!

Lauren December 9, 2010 at 4:40 am

I love those Fiber One Bars! Its funny because my husband hates any kind of “health” packaged food but he LOVES these bars. I always buy them for him and than sneak one or two for myself.

The Strata looks amazing!!! Way to go girlie!

Marisa @ Loser for Life December 9, 2010 at 5:17 am

Love your cheese and crackers snack!! I can’t resist cheese, either :)

Dani’s site is GREAT! I met her and her family at Fitbloggin last year! She is gorgeous and super cool :)

Ellen M December 9, 2010 at 5:19 am

Awesome post! Thank you so much for the info and recipes.
The spaghetti squash torta looks amazing! I will have to try it over the weekend.
First weigh-in for me today. I went on the scale earlier in the week and I had gone up a pound. I haven’t gone on since. Hope I lost!
I have heard of some people gaining in the first week on the new plan, but I hope not!

Becky December 9, 2010 at 8:45 am

That torta looks amazing but I couldn’t find the full recipe on Cara’s site. Do you have a direct link to it?

Norma Titsworth December 9, 2010 at 8:45 am

When I weighed in this past Tuesday I had lost 1.8# on the new program and I even had a Christmas Tea on Monday night and sort of messed around on Sunday. I can tell you there is something psychologically satisfiying about this program with more points I don’t feel deprived or like I have to hoard points.

When I ck’d ww pts+ vs my previous daily pts allowance it was only 4 pts more and yet I feel much more satisfied. Will be interesting to see what this next weeks weigh in is.

Carbzilla December 9, 2010 at 9:05 am

That looks like an amazing lunch and dinner! I’d better get hopping in the kitchen this weekend.

tj December 9, 2010 at 9:28 am

WOW! That Torta looks DELICIOUS! :) YUM!

I OD on crackers & cheese….so that is dangerous for me. lol

On Tues. the people at the WW meeting were MAD that there were typos in the books. lol Whatever people…. lol

Biz December 9, 2010 at 9:28 am

I just decided to join WW again because if it worked for me once, it will work for me again! I lost 70 pounds on WW in 1999 – but over the last few years 30+ pounds have crept their way back.

Thanks for the links!

Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) December 9, 2010 at 9:52 am

Your strata look SO good Danica!! I love how it kept its shape after you took the spring for off :D yuuuuuuuuuum layerssssssssss.

Now I need to go get a new spag squash !!

Roz December 9, 2010 at 10:02 am

The strata looks fantastic! Thanks for the W W update! (I go to my first meeting today using the new points system – I’m excited!) And I’m like you, I LOVE cheese and often impulse buy it!! Have a great day!

Kimberly B. December 9, 2010 at 10:16 am

The strata looks amazing!

Carol December 9, 2010 at 10:31 am

Weight in last night….didn’ lose…didn’t gain. I am thinking I did not eat enough…working on my points for breakfast…which is the meal I love the most

DanicasDaily December 9, 2010 at 10:33 am

Hi Becky,

Thanks for letting me know. I fixed the link. You can find the recipe here.

Becky December 9, 2010 at 11:02 am

Thank you, Danica! I have to say I just discovered your site and I love it!!

Becky

Susie Bee @ eatlittleeatbig December 9, 2010 at 12:01 pm

WOW-the torta is amazing and I love spaghetti squash meals-it becomes whatever you need it to be!

Larry L. Lynch December 9, 2010 at 1:55 pm

Starting at at age 71 and 6′ 1″ and 216 in January, I lost 23 pounds by March 31 and dropped another one or two before I stablized for sure in May. Did it on online version. The problem with the new points plus system, for me at least, is that the online calculator has dropped the half point measurement in calculating values of the foods they list. I know the system so I can adjust, working healthy snacks into the leftover part of some single points awarded for small portions. (Example: for anti-oxidents, I like vegetable juice in 4 oz amounts. That should be a half point. I like variety.) But why should I have to work so hard at this to lose another ten pounds? I’ve strongly recommended weightwatchers online to friends at every chance. Now it will be with significant voiced reservations.

janetha g. @ meals & moves December 9, 2010 at 3:20 pm

oh my gosh the strata looks amazing! i am hooked on spaghetti squash at the moment, so i will have to give it a whirl–just need to grab a springform pan.

Kari December 9, 2010 at 3:36 pm

just found this on etools regarding fruits/veggies when building recipes. Wonder what this does for all my cobb salads? I need to call them…

8. Fruit (and vegetables) in recipes still contribute toward the PointsPlus values
Just as we’ve always done with 0 PointsPlus value vegetables, even 0 PointsPlus value fruits contribute toward the total PointsPlus values of a recipe, whether it’s a Weight Watchers recipe or one you build yourself in the Recipe Builder. Recipes add up the nutritional info for all their ingredients. If you ate fruit only, save it as a “meal” rather than a “recipe.”

kind of a bummer…here is the link…

DanicasDaily December 9, 2010 at 3:40 pm

Hi Kari,

You know, I get that there are calories in fruits and vegetables, but, I don’t think they should count if they are 0 points IMO. The reason being if you were to manually calculate the recipe on a piece of paper you would add up the points for the ingredients and divide by the number of servings. That being said, if you see your vegetable adds points, you could always remove it. :)

Thanks for posting and for the link,

Colleen December 9, 2010 at 5:48 pm

Oh my that torta looks amazing. I need a new breakfast idea, something like a frittata/quiche that I can make on Sunday and eat before work thru the week. I think I might have to try this. Do you have the recipe in a link somewhere, other than sorted between the pix? I couldn’t find it on Cara’s website. Thanks for the inspiration as always!

Sylvia December 9, 2010 at 6:33 pm

Glad I found your blog. Like your recipes, pictures and positive attitude.
Please add me to your Weight Watchers Support group.
Sylvia

Sazzy December 9, 2010 at 6:41 pm

Ok, forgive me if this isn’t the place for this, BUT – how does 2 tsp of ground Cumin now cost 1 pt+??? That seems ridiculous………..I really hope it’s an error as none of the other herbs/spices (that I’ve tried in etools) have a value greater than 0…………

(Site is great btw – was pointed in your direction by a fellow Weight Watcher today!)

Sarah