Happy Wednesday all! Thanks for all the ideas on what shows to watch now that Biggest Loser is over (everyone looked AMAZING last night and I just LOVE the purple girls). I have to say I am not as excited to have Anna K over Jillian, but, I will still watch LOL.
I think the consensus was to watch Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition.
I also think I will be watching the Next Food Network Star & I am debating The Bachelorette.
This morning 5 am was TOO EARLY ~ it’s probably because I stayed up too late watching Chopped. I LOVE that show too
Pre workout I grabbed a banana and attempted to get into my workout groove. Some days it just really doesn’t work not matter what I tried. I told myself to stick it out for 20 minutes on the Elliptical and if I still wasn’t feeling it, I could stop.
Usually that works because once I get going I don’t’ want to stop ~ but, not today. Something is ALWAYS better than nothing!
Breakfast was an Orowheat Double Fiber English Muffin topped with 1 Tbsp whipped butter (5 points+)
Protein power ~ Morning Star Maple Veggie Sausage (2 points+)
Fruit salad ~ can you believe The Husband and I have eaten all the fruit I cut up on Monday already
I LOVED everyone’s guesses on what I made for lunch last night. I actually want to try some of the things you all listed.
Other than that, I follow the recipe. I grilled up chicken tenders with Trader Joe’s Island Soyaki. However, leftover chicken would work great too.
I used the “Rice Sticks’ this time and they are not bad….I think I like the texture of the rice noodles more though.
1 3/4 cups topped with a few chopped cashews & sesame seeds (10 points+)
Dessert ~ Jo’s Dark Chocolate Sea Salted Caramel (2 points+) ~ I get a two pack at Pete’s and it looks like this.
After lunch I attended our Weekly Personal Training Session at work…This week’s theme actually impressed me (
kicked my bootie!) more than I thought it would.
I now know I officially have NO EXCUSES to not get in a workout while travelling ~ start to finish this took us less than 30 minutes. No weights or equipment needed ~ only you!
THE TRAVEL BOOTCAMP WORKOUT
* Start out with 5 minutes of stretching to warm up your body.
* Repeat the following series THREE times
1. Full Body Squats alternating with High Knees ~ 15 reps per side
2. 1 Pushup followed by 5 Mountain Climbers ~ 10 reps
3. Bootleggers ~ grab your toes and squat 90 degrees then straighten your legs never letting go of your toes ~ 15 reps
4. Tricep Dips on the ground with your hips held high ~ 10 reps
5. Around the World Lunges ~ Lunge out in 5 directions starting with a front lunge, side angle lunch, side lunge, back angle lunge, backwards lunge. Repeat twice on both legs.
6. Plank ~ hold for 1 minute
Then, after doing the above, finish with the following for 1 repetition each
7. Wall Squat ~ 1 minute
8. Crunches ~ 30 Seconds
9. Straight leg raises ~ 30 seconds
10. Side plank ~ 30 seconds per side
Pat yourself on the back and stretch for 5 minutes!
We were all completely sweating with shaky legs and arms in a good way!
Post workout afternoon snack ~ A Perfectly Hard Boiled Egg plus an Orange (2 points+)
Dinner tonight was FANTASTIC for three reasons.
1. Well, it tasted delicious!
2. It was easy to make
3. The Husband ate and LOVED It all ~ all things he would normally not eat and it was good for him!
I was originally planning on grilling my zucchini but I really wanted “fries” to go with our turkey burgers. I came across a recipe for Zucchini Fries when I was browsing this month’s Everyday Food and decided I NEEDED to make a lightened up version.
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 oz shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 large zucchini cut, cut into 1/4-1/4 inch fry shapes
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to Taste
- Optional ~ Get fancy ~ add your own ranch or ketchup sauce for dipping
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and spray a large cookie sheet with nonstick spray.
2. In a wide, shallow dish, combine panko through cayenne pepper. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, lightly beat the egg whites and set aside.
4. Working with one “fry” at a time, dip in the egg whites, then, breadcrumb mixture, pressing to adhere. Arrange “fries” on the prepared cookie sheet in a single layer. Discard remaining breadcrumb and egg whites.
5. Bake until the coating is lightly browned and crisp, for about 20 minutes, flipping half way through. Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
Makes 4 servings, 2 points+ each
Nutritional information per serving
Cut zucchini into “fry” shapes. I actually would do mine a tad smaller next time because I liked the thinner/crispier ones better. I did mine in 1/2 inch, so go for 1/4 inch “fries”.
Combine your toppings.
Dunk your fries into the egg whites.
Toss in the bread crumbs making sure to press the coating to make it stick.
Line them up on your prepared cookie sheet and bake at 425 until golden, flipping once.
I used natural applesauce, REAL bacon (3 slices) instead of bacon bits and added a little green onion for color & flavor. Other than that, I followed the recipe 100%.
I imagine you could make a smaller burger and make 6 versus 4, but, it was nice having a HUGE burger.
While the burgers cooked, I prepped all the toppings.
I wasn’t sure I would like the Maple Dijonaiise but I actually LOVED it with these burgers. I used low-fat mayo to save a little on points+.
You could really use any of your favorite burger toppings, but, I went for simple.
I started off with a Sarah Lee White Wheat Bun and topped each half with 1/2 Tbsp of the Secret Sauce.
Add your toppings.
Plus one HUGE, deliciously grilled Apple Maple Bacon Turkey Burger.
Top with the burger hat and dig in. We both ABSOLUTELY LOVED these burgers…there is so much flavor from the maple, Dijon and apple, although, I didn’t really taste the bacon. I can’t believe it took me so long to make these because I will definitely make them again.
12 points+ for this quarter pounder and worth every single one.
Served with a side of Zucchini Fries. The Husband dipped his in ranch, I ate mine straight up. They actually stay super crispy even as they cool. I LOVE the little kick you get from the cayenne and the parmesan cheese just takes these “fries” to the next level.
NEW AT FRIENDS FOR WEIGHT LOSS
* Ready for a new workout challenge? Check out THIS BOOTCAMP STYLE workout!
Have you ventured out to make “fries’ or a “burger” in a different way from the norm? If so, what did you do?
I LOVED how different our dinner was and it definitely did not seem “diety”.
Coming up tomorrow ~ My list of Healthy Memorial Day Ideas!