Check out my new “WalkMan”

by DanicasDaily on March 24, 2012

Happy Weekend All!  This week has been so insanely busy, but, in a really good way.  I have my Weight Watchers E-Tools & Mobile Apps Tutorial presentation all ready to go for tomorrow, handouts made, Coconut Almond Granola cooked for our High Fiber Breakfast Bar and 2 NEW Versions of Slow Cooker Oats getting ready to go in the Crockpot.

Now, I think all I have left for the morning is to prepare a double batch of Coconut Donut Holes.  I am so excited, but, nervous ~ fingers crossed I present in a way everyone understands.

I will post a link for my Weight Watchers Presentation for all of you tomorrow so you can download and will have a full recap of how our day goes.

Let’s see ~ what else is there to catch up on…..

This week’s Wordless Wednesday I snapped when we went to Driven Raceway. We had to wait for about 20 minutes before we were able to race so he clowned around with the head cover they gave us.

We saw 21 Jump Street yesterday too ~ SO FUNNY!

And…..our Big Kitchen Window got all dressed up for SPRING!

This morning we were off and running to tackle everything early.  Our first stop was Starbuck’s for a grande nonfat decaf latte with caramel drizzle on top (3 points+).

image_thumb4

Lunch was at Panera where I tried 2 NEW Pick Two’s.

Asian Sesame Chicken Salad (6 points+) ~ I actually really liked the nuttiness of the sesame seeds and almonds.  They balanced well with the sweet sesame vinaigrette & crunchy won tons.

I totally thought my side apple would have been delicious mixed in the salad.

1/2 Simple Smoked Turkey Sandwich ~ the BREAD and all the crunchy veggies make this sandwich pretty tasty for being so simple (5 points+)

After lunch we headed over to Best Buy to use up a store credit we had.

His & Hers IPOD Touches!!!

Can I just say I NEVER knew what I was missing until I had a IPOD Touch??

I figured my Droid X phone was enough…..but wow ~ this is so much more than a “Walk Man!” Winking smile

Seriously LOL!

We also picked up a few new chips to try while stocking up on supplies for tomorrow.

Kettle Sweet Baja BBQ TIAS!

4 points+ a serving

BBQ Corn Chips are amazing…..sweet, tangy, bbq-Y!

Next up ~ was making up one of my all time favorite granolas that I have made for a few years now.  It is delicious straight up, on top of oatmeal, yogurt, ice cream, smoothies.

You can find the recipe for this Coconut Almond Granola HERE.

It doesn’t hurt that it only takes minutes to make.

Simply combine the dry ingredients ~  Old fashioned oats, unsweetened coconut, raw almond slices and brown sugar.

Whisk the wet ingredients ~ warmed honey, canola oil and vanilla.

Pour the wet ingredients over the dry.

Toss until everything is well coated.

Pour out onto a greased cookie sheet and bake at 300 degrees for 25 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes after the first 15 minutes.

Store in an air tight container.  2 Tbsp = 1 points+ or 1/4 cup = 2 points+.

Dinner tonight was Flat Out Amazing Pizza with a top your own veggie pizza bar.

The “Secret” ingredient ~ sautéed in nonstick spray with crushed red pepper flakes, garlic salt & black pepper to get the moisture out.

The “Crust” ~ 3 points+ for the ENTIRE wrap. I ONLY buy the Multi-Grain one ~ the other flavors do not taste as good.

My first layer ~ sauce, cheese, mushrooms & jalapenos…..

Topped with my second layer ~ cheese, olives and cherry tomatoes.

Baked at 450 for 2 minutes without toppings, then, flipped, topped and baked for 7 minutes.

Crunchy, cheesy, spicy, sweet, mushroom-y good! Oh and you get to eat the ENITRE pizza for 6 points+.

Q’s

Do you all have an IPOD?  What do you have on yours and what do you use it for?

As much as I LOVE technology, this is my FIRST IPOD ever…before that, I used a Walkman (ok, how many people know what I am talking about?? Open-mouthed smile), an MP3 player and then my phone.

1 Robyn @ Blueberries and Oats March 24, 2012 at 8:18 pm

I have an iTouch as well and just love it. Since getting my droid though I do notice that I use it for a less. Mostly just music and games now less social media and emailing. If I had a newer version with a built in camera though i know I would use Instagram a lot!

Man I am still on the lookout for those Flatouts!

2 LaKendra March 24, 2012 at 11:06 pm

Will definitely look for these Flatouts! A whole pizza for 6 -7 pts (with sensible toppings, of course)? I’m all over it! thanks for the heads-up!

I do have an iPod classic and it holds toooons of music (thought I’ve no one near got it filled :-) …I’ve got a mixture of music on it…r&b, soul, jazz, gospel, Contemporary Christian, pop, instrumental….Ideally using it for working out would be great, but I also use in my job with college students (on retreats, Bible studies, etc.). Recently, I’ve put it on as I walked across campus from one location to another….so it’s a gooood investment! Congratulations on your newness, Danica!

3 Lisa G. March 25, 2012 at 5:26 am

I got an Ipod almost two years ago for our anniversary. I rarely use it. For a while I used it for a couple of apps (WW and FB) but now it just sits in it’s charger and only gets used by my kids. I’m not much of a music person.

4 Lucia March 25, 2012 at 6:12 am

Love my Ipod touch, I bought it from her as my boss got an iphone. I had a smaller ipod before. I use it mostly at work, so I can listen to music and podcasts, these are a lot of fun. I have a few that I subscribe to and listen to. May I just recomend that you get a hardy case, I bought mine at Best Buy and it comes with a screen gard, as well as a belt clip so that it does not get damaged. My niece had a similar case for her iphone and I loved it. Enjoy!!!!

5 Life's a Bowl March 25, 2012 at 7:23 am

Mushrooms and olives are my fave on pizza! I have an iPhone and love listening to Pandora at the gym or when I’m out for a run :D The ability to choose your station is such a plus!

6 Zippsgal March 25, 2012 at 8:38 am

Hi Danica,
I am a long time lurker on your site…..Congrats on the ipod touch!!!! I just wanted to share some news (since I get most of my meal suggestions and ideas from your site – especially regarding Trader Joe’s). Yesterday I couldn’t find my TJ’s Fat Free Multi-Grain bread…….after searching and searching I asked the staff and they told me it was DISCONTINUED on 3/11/12!!!!!! Oh the humanity! We need to start calling them to get them to bring it back! That was the only bread that I liked! Have you had the same issues? I am in Southern OC in CA.

7 ErinK. March 25, 2012 at 9:11 am

I love the games Hangn’ with friends, Jillian Michaels app and podcast, Pandora and I heart radio, Momento, Instagram, Amazon app and of course my WW apps!

8 Irene March 25, 2012 at 10:14 am

I seldom use a phone, so my ipod touch is my go to when I’m away from home and near wireless, like at the gym and the coffee shop or airport. I have a great photo app which I prefer to the standard camera, Camera + by taptaptap.com.-very artistic, angry birds of course for waiting at the drs. office, and even Netflix and HBO-Go. I have a French vocabulary app. I really have a lot of fun with it, and NO monthly fee. Hooray!

Thanks for all you do for us…

9 Renee@Mykitchenadventures March 25, 2012 at 10:24 am

total Ipod touch fan here! I also own an iphone, but keep all my music on ipod touch. I LOVE that you can download a song right from the device….and I am currently in love with the app called jog.fm….it takes music from your own library and syncs it with your pace of exercise. It’s genius! Good luck tomorrow!!

10 carla sue March 25, 2012 at 11:49 am

Congrats on getting your first touch ipod! I LOOOOOOOVVVVEEE min!. And yes I do remember my Sony Walkman (82), back when I lived in Hawaii in the early/mid 80s it got LOTS of use on the beaches, got sand it and it still kept playin…..great memories for me…..Can I just tell you , the most memorable tape I played and played “Synchronicity” by the Police…..oh take me back……Great choice Danica on your new purchase !

11 sheila March 25, 2012 at 1:21 pm

I use mine for Facebook, to read my e-mail, track my points and activity on Weight Watchers E-Tools, and of course for music for workouts!

12 Sue March 25, 2012 at 1:54 pm

I love my IPod Touch! I have several Playlists – walking/running songs, Glee songs, background music for dinners and get-to-gethers. I use the notes App for grocery lists and reminders. If you have a camera in your IPod, that is a wonderful thing! I take pictures of items to pick up at the stores (I always forget the exact toothpaste my husband likes), books I want to get from the library, even things from the paper I used to clip out – now I take a picture and refer back to it. Enjoy – Apple is amazing!

13 Diane in Wisconsin March 25, 2012 at 6:20 pm

I don’t have a touch but a nano and I love it for audiobooks – plain and simple!

14 Shelby March 27, 2012 at 12:41 pm

Flat-Out Pizza’s are my go-to meal during the week when I don’t feel like cooking much! I always have a package on hand!! I add Turkey Pepperoni to mine sometimes!! Sooooo delicious!

15 Leann K March 28, 2012 at 6:00 pm

I use my iPad and iPhone to track my points and use the ww barcode scanner when I shop. Easy as pie. I recommend these tools for anyone on the program!