Have you all ever thought of making your own “healthier” versions of Girl Scout Cookies? I first created these “Mock” Girl Scout Tagalong Cookies when I participated in my first Blogger Bake Sale over 2 years ago.
My favorite part about these cookies is that they do not take long to make and you can make them in dark or milk chocolate depending on what you prefer. OH, and, then, there is tons of peanut buttery goodness in every single bite.
I have made Samoas, Thin Mint
MOCK GIRL SCOUT TAGALONGS RECIPE
- 25 Reduced Fat Ritz Crackers
- 25 teaspoons Honey Roasted Creamy Peanut Butter
- 4 oz Milk or Dark Chocolate (Good Quality ~ any type you would enjoy eating)
1. Line 2 cookies sheets with parchment paper. Place 25 crackers on the cookie sheet then top with the 25 teaspoons of peanut butter. Use a knife to spread it around leaving a thin edge. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Melt dark chocolate in a double broiler over medium low heat.. Once melted, turn heat to low to keep chocolate warm.
2. Using two teaspoons, drop one peanut butter covered cracker in the chocolate using the spoons to coat it with chocolate. Lift the cracker out of the chocolate shaking off excess chocolate. Place on the parchment paper and repeat with remaining crackers.
3. Refrigerate until cooled and the chocolate is hard, about 20 minutes. Store in the fridge or freezer in an air tight container.
Makes 25 cookies, 2 points+ each
Nutritional Information per cookie
Here is everything you need (you only need 1 bar, but, I took my picture with 2).
Top each cracker with 1 teaspoon creamy honey roasted peanut butter. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Melt chocolate over medium low heat in a double broiler. Place peanut butter crackers in the chocolate and use two teaspoons to coat and shake off excess chocolate.
Place on your parchment paper covered cookie sheet and repeat with remaining crackers.
Refrigerate until cooled and the chocolate hardens, about 20 minutes. Dig in and enjoy!
See you all tomorrow for more daily fun and 2 more delicious recipes!