What is one fall show you cannot wait to see?

by DanicasDaily on September 17, 2013

Happy Tuesday all!  This morning definitely came too early.  Up until a few week’s ago, The Husband and I were totally addicted to watching Bear Grills “Get Out Alive” followed up by Siberia.  Now, Monday nights we stay up late just to watch Siberia.  We will say oh, let’s just watch it on demand, but, end up hooked after about 2 minutes into it.

It is days like this that totally call for Americano’s or Lattes! Luckily my first meeting of the day started at Ritual Coffee.  Hands down, they have some of the best coffee I’ve ever tasted.

Iced Nonfat Latte (3 points+)

Of course, I had a Healthy Egg Roll before heading out the door (4 points+)

Lucky for me ~ meeting #2 was at another one of my favorite places ~ Grace’s Table

They have the best onion rings you will ever have in your life.  The onions are super sweet with this light, but, crispy batter.  They top their rings with a sprinkle of red chili flakes, lemon juice, sea salt and parmesan.

I savored two with my salad treating them as the “croutons” and resisting telling everyone how good they were with each bite Open-mouthed smile (4 points+)

My goto salad their when I do not order the Caprese is the Roasted Beet Salad.

I sub out the stinky cheese for fromage blanc.  This salad had everything you need to make a delicious beet salad. avocado, lemon vinaigrette, fromage blanc, mâche lettuce, maldon salt

6 points+ ~ I add grilled chicken to this salad when I want “more” to it.

I picked up a bunch of tomatoes at the Saturday Farmer’s market (25 cents each!)  On the menu tonight ~ Salsa Fresca with our Farmer’s Market tomatoes, peppers & cilantro.

Plus BBQ Buffalo Quesadillas!  These quesadillas are so easy to make and perfect for using up 4 lbs. of leftover pulled pork Winking smile

I heated a little pork and mixed in some Frank’s Red Hot Sauce with a little BBQ Sauce.  Then, topped a Mission Extra Thin Yellow Corn tortilla and “fried” it in nonstick spray.

Topped with a heaping 1 oz. mound of thinly grated Monterey jack cheese.  I like thinly grated cheese as it covers more area than the big grates.

Do not even worry about the cheese that melts onto the edges because it creates cheese cripsies on the outside.  Cook for about 2-3 minutes per side or until the tortilla is golden brown.

Top a salad plate with a little lettuce blend so the tortilla stays crispy.

Add your spicy, melted pulled pork, cheesy goodness.

Toppers ~ Homemade Salsa Fresca, Jalapenos, green onions and cilantro.

Slice into 6 wedges….

And dig in!  So flippin’ good….crunchy, cheesy, corny, spicy pork with hints of sweet barbecue and fresh salsa.  Start to finish, dinner was on the table in under 15 minutes.

My entire Spicy Pulled Pork Quesadilla was 8 points+ (deal!)

Dessert x’s 2 (8 points+)

STATS:

• 25 Daily points+, 0 WPA used, 40 WPA remaining

QUESTION OF THE DAY:

What is one fall show you cannot wait to see?

For me, it’s all about The Biggest Loser which is starting October 8th!

1 Gail H. September 18, 2013 at 2:50 am

Gotta make that pulled pork this week-end! OMG those quesadillas look amazing!!!!! I made vegetarian ones last week-end using leftover chili-lime grilled corn (old WW recipe) and caramelized onions & mushrooms…but of course Bryan missed his meat :) He will just love these!!! I can’t wait for: The Voice, Parenthood, Biggest Loser…and not till Jan, Downton Abbey!!!

2 Catherine Beaudet September 18, 2013 at 5:01 am

I want your supper! *drool* There is nothing I love more than pulled pork quesadillas. We had a Chicken and Rib Fest in Ottawa over the summer and I brought home some of the best pulled pork I have had in a long time. Mom and Dad wouldn’t touch the stuff for some odd reason so it was mine! All mine!! Ahrem…

The fall lineup here in Canada isn’t all that grand so it’ll mostly be pre-season NHL and NHL Playoffs. I did see the pilot for Sleepy Hollow and I must say I am hooked. It has this ambiance I like so far.

Other than that I have 80 some days to prepare for some awesome-ness in the city. This December the ComicCon Convention Gods have decided to launch a second convention in Ottawa, Pop Expo. So far we have the stars of Boondock Saints and the 7th Doctor for Doctor Who. I am using this as a challenge to some weight before I go there and to be trimmer by Christmas.

80 days. I should be about to drop at least 15-20 lbs by then.

3 Tracy September 18, 2013 at 6:37 am

These look so good! I never thought to put pulled pork in my guesadilla. I will definitely be trying this. Can’t wait!

4 Leslie September 18, 2013 at 7:09 am

I have some leftover pulled pork that I made in the crockpot over the weekend. I’m SO trying this recipe tonight.

I’m looking forward to Two Broke Girls, Nashville and the new Michael J. Fox sitcom.

Used to love The Biggest Loser but I’ve had trouble getting into it the last couple of seasons.

5 Diane Milliken September 18, 2013 at 8:23 am

Can’t wait for Grimm to start! Love the escapism of it all…..

6 Jill September 18, 2013 at 8:42 am

BONES!!!! Totally my new addiction… such an awesome show!

7 Dianna September 18, 2013 at 9:35 am

Totally cracking me up with your math!!!
Kinda like mine but wasn’t that 33 points plus
For the day?? I like it!!

8 Pam September 18, 2013 at 11:19 am

So glad to see you Danica!
Your food looks so yummy!!
As for me, I can’t wait for SCANDAL!!! I am intrigued by this season of Survivor (starts tonight), and am interested in The Biggest Loser as well. The Middle is a family favorite, so we are looking forward to that starting up as well.

9 Jenny September 18, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Returning soon— Grey’s Anatomy!

10 Diane Milliken September 18, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Never heard of either of your favs. Looked up Siberia on DirecTV, but it did not show any playing? Will check to see if we get “Get out Alive”. Must be an east coast vs west coast thing!!!

11 Kathy Salido September 18, 2013 at 1:27 pm

This quesadilla looks totally yummy!! I cannot wait for Grey’s Anatomy and Revenge!!

12 Carol B September 18, 2013 at 6:32 pm

That food looks amazing!! Let’s see, Biggest Loser, Bones, NCIS, NCIS-LA, Hawaii Five O, Criminal Minds, well shoot, All of them! :)

13 Renee@Mykitchenadventures September 20, 2013 at 4:55 pm

oh my gosh, Danica, that looks amazing! Looking forward to Scandal coming back on…and of course, walking dead.

14 Denise P. September 24, 2013 at 8:22 am

Parenthood, Grey’s and the CBS comedies top my list! My birthday was yesterday and growing up one of the best parts of a fall birthday was all the new shows. Haha