What is one success you had today?

by DanicasDaily on September 9, 2013

Happy Monday all!  Thanks for sharing the things you are focusing on this week ~ it’s definitely motivating to know we are all working towards common goals.  Speaking of goals, I stuck to mine 100% today!  This morning, I was up bright and early and hopped on the treadmill for a 30 minute jog/walk.  It was definitely tough and not pretty at all, but, I stuck it out through it all ~ success!

I honestly love checking my workout off first thing because it’s like I have the rest of the day free to do whatever I want without the voices in my head reminding me I still “need” to move it!

Breakfast…..Kodiak Cake Flapjacks!  I am currently addicted to using Trader Joe’s Coconut Nonstick Spray to cook them in.  It makes the kitchen smell just like coconut pancakes.

2 Flapjacks topped with 1 Tbsp. Whipped Butter & 1 Tbsp. TJ’s Pure Maple Syrup (7 points+)

Plus 2 slices of Trader Joe’s Peppered Turkey Bacon (2 points+).  So, crazy fun fact I learned today….Have any of you noticed that the Weight Watchers online tracker counts this as Simply Filling? I am totally surprised as much as I’d love to say BACON = SIMPLY FILLING Open-mouthed smile

I knew my lunchtime meeting would run long so I made sure I grabbed a snack on my way in.  Sargento RF Colby Stick and a serving of Everything Pretzels (5 points+) ~ In hindsight, I probably should’ve picked fruit instead.

Our usual Monday sandwich lunch in turned into sandwiches eaten outside on the patio of the Napa General Store.

I started off with a 1/4 of this gigantic Turkey, Bacon, Avocado Club ~ you can tell they use freshly roasted turkey (deliciousness) – 6 points+

Plus a big 1 cup scoop of one of my favorite goto salads for the Napa General Store.

Chinese Chicken Salad

“Shredded marinated chicken breast, local cabbage, scallions, toasted almonds, black sesame seeds, crisp won tons & house made Asian dressing”

I honestly come here just to get this salad ~ 1 cup = 6 points+

I am super proud I took only a couple of fries and passed on the rest ~ Want Power!

The Husband was in charge of dinner tonight and he totally went all out complete with the light up heart (waiting like a little kid for me to turn the corner and see it) lol.

Delicious grilled pork chops seasoned only with sea salt & pepper (5 points+)

Grilled Corn….2 points+ (so hard to count when it is 0 points+ on Simply Filling!)

With simple side salads topped with tomatoes from our garden and 1 Tbsp. Newman’s Lite Lime Vinaigrette (1 points+)

I am proud of the fact that I worked out today, tracked it all and made healthy choices for REAL food all day making it worth every single points+!

STATS:

• 34 Daily Points+, 45 WPA remaining

QUESTION OF THE DAY:

What was one success you had today? Today let’s celebrate the little things because it’s all those little successes that add up to reaching our one big goal.

1 Gail H. September 10, 2013 at 2:59 am

All I know is TJ’s can’t come soon enough to Delray Beach!!! My list is growing :) I’m not too sure I had any real success…ate way too many DOVE squares! But today is another day! Still contemplating changing my weigh-in day…..glad you’re back :)

2 Catherine Beaudet September 10, 2013 at 5:09 am

Monday’s success? Using all but 1 of my Daily Points and not touchign any of the 20 Activity Points I managed to rack up. I think I would have been a little happier with myself had I managed to get on the eliptical for my 30 minutes, but my knee has been killing me for the last couple of weeks that any exercise involving the legs is murder. Good exercise should not involve a whole bottle of pain killers afterwards.

Wish TJ was closer to Ottawa than Toronto, but I guess I can be creative with the PC Black Label items and healthy food items from our local Kardish. Amazing to see sometimes that items touted to be healthy are actually so very high in points and items said to be not so healthy have the lowest points. Thank the Goddess for the mobile app and the calculator.

3 Lauren September 10, 2013 at 6:21 am

so glad you are back!!!!!!!! that turkey sandwich looks sooo good….the husband’s corn on the cob…yum!!!!!
success for today : (yesterday actually) : i signed up for jazzercise!!!! I will begin tomorrow on the way home from work…with winter approaching along with shorter day light hours, it is hard to get out and walk and i so needed a new routine where i can go rain or shine! what i like about the class is it’s jazzercise dancing, weight strength training and yoga/stretching…all in an hour! :)

4 Leslie September 10, 2013 at 7:10 am

Even though I felt really bad today (that time of the month) I still made it to the gym. Not my best workout, but I did move – SUCCESS!

5 suzann September 10, 2013 at 7:13 am

did you work out twice? only way I can get my fitbit to spike is to hit the machines (ellip) at the gym–been doing great on my steps but have to get my ‘greenie’ going—pork chop looked amazing! maybe tonight!

6 Trevor LaRene September 10, 2013 at 7:15 am

Two successes:
I planned–and succeeded–to get up at 4:30am so I could walk my dog before it got too hot. It was 75F even at 4:30am.

After I returned, I was able to get my student’s papers graded and returned this morning (they were due at 11:59pm yesterday, so a 6 hour turnaround time is really good!)

Hope everyone has a great day!

7 Connie September 10, 2013 at 9:31 am

So glad you’re back Danica! My success for Monday was making it back to Zumba class after 3 weeks off from it. Felt great!

8 Cyndi September 10, 2013 at 10:17 am

So glad that you are back. Are you doing traditional WW vs SFT now? Yesterday I walked for an hour around the “lake” (really a retention pond) here at my apartments. Stayed the course with food and felt proud. Did not lose or gain for my weekly weigh-in yesterday morning! Don’t expect to lose every week and thankful not to gain!

9 Cyndi September 10, 2013 at 10:18 am

Congratulations on your SUCCESSES yesterday!!! One day at a time!

10 Erica September 10, 2013 at 5:59 pm

I made it through the first day of training a student with a really busy cafe to run. He did fine!