My 2013 New Year’s Resolutions & Goals

by DanicasDaily on December 31, 2012

Happy New Year everyone!!!  Did you make any New Year’s Resolutions this year?  I have gone back and forth throughout the years from focusing on one goal or giving up one thing for an entire year to creating a list of resolutions & goals by month for the year.  I have found I have the biggest success in actually achieving my New Year’s Resolutions when I focus on one at a time by doing a 12 month series which includes one new goal each month.

They say that it takes 21 days to form a habit so the goal is to have a new “habit” formed each month and end the year with 12 habits I can carry forward.  I have found that this is the “secret to my success” of actually accomplishing my New Year’s Resolutions.  It’s easier to tackle something for 30 days than to tackle it all year long.

My goals go anywhere from something physical like working out for 10 minutes a day or doing 100 crunches a day to something related to eating, focusing on getting in my water each day or 7-9 servings fruits/veggies a day to something I shouldn’t do (like avoiding candy).  I like my resolutions and goals to be specific so I can track them and to cover my overall well being ~ health, relationships and living life to the fullest.

Success

Last year, I had a “Theme” for the year that I’d like to continue because I think that is the one element that allows me to achieve everything I set out in life.

It is summed up in one word ~ Consistency! I want to consistently track my food, workout, get in my healthy guidelines, focus on more simply filling meals and finding balance in my life.

MY 12 MONTH SERIES:

Jan – Get back to 100+ oz. water daily. Start small and GO BIG ~ Wk. 1 – 64+oz., Wk. 2 – 72+oz., Wk. 3 – 80+oz., Wk. 4 0 88+oz., Wk. 5 – 96+oz.

Feb – 25 pushups per day

Mar – Meatless March ~ Go Vegetarian for the entire month with a focus on Farm to Table!

Apr –  Achieve 100% of My Active Link Goals each week. (Schedule to run a 5K TBD)

May – Add a fruit and/or vegetable to every meal or snack ~ no exceptions.

Jun – Celebrate summer by getting fab abs and working up to 100 crunches/day

July – 31 days following The Simply Filling Technique

Aug – Strength training 3 days each work – legs, arms and CORE – 1x/wk. for each Cardio

Sept – Yoga Month ~ find balance each day with 30 days of Yoga or Meditation.

Oct – Track It Challenge ~ Write down every single Bite, Lick or Taste (BLT) ~ If I bite it, I write it!

Nov – 3 days a week for 20 minutes – min. – focus on 9 HG’s daily – 100%

Dec – Daily Exercise even if it is just for 10 minutes. Get into the holiday spirit by exercising daily, counting everything, no BLT’s – plan and be successful this holiday season!

It’s hard to believe I’ve actually posted my resolutions to share with you all for 4 years now

I truly enjoy making monthly goals, but, even more, I LOVE the feeling of accomplishment I have each month when I reflect and realize what I accomplished. All those little successes add up!

QUESTION OF THE DAY:

What is one goal or resolution that you will achieve in 2013?

See you all next year!

1 Catherine Beaudet December 31, 2012 at 8:12 pm

My New Year’s resolution is simple: get back on track. With the holidays I came real close to “falling off the wagon” so I want to get back to basics and get myself back on the weight loss track. This means tracking every little thing that passes my lips, getting back on my elliptical for 30-60 minutes a day, and drinking my 3 litres of water BEFORE I am allowed to drink anything else.

Happy New Year to all and lots of luck to everyone with their new year. Here’s hoping 2013 holds much success for all of us.

2 Colleen December 31, 2012 at 8:38 pm

Keeping it simple , more water, carry fruit(snack), and track! 10 mintes ecercise x3 every day! good sleep!

3 Mary Ann December 31, 2012 at 10:10 pm

Love the idea of doing a monthly goal, se
ems very doable! I’m going to give it my best shot!

4 Gail H. January 1, 2013 at 4:38 am

I also love the monthly goal idea! I definitely need to get back on the wagon, and one of my major goals is going to be not to eat out so much! I want to cook healthier at home this year! I’ve been a WW for over 30 years and never reached goal,,,came mighty close, but never grabbed that gold ring! In the past 3 years I’ve gained about 19 lbs. from my lowest so first is to get rid of that! Going to create some goals!

5 Pat January 1, 2013 at 6:50 am

Wow. Good luck with your 2013 goals! I need to get back on track as the holiday left me 3 lbs. Not bad-I thought it was more. I lost 70 lbs using WW old points and continue with old points. Also I eat out once a week and save that for my weekend treat—I have been known to eat out more than once a week but have been pretty good. Eatting out less has really been the biggest factor in my weight loss and maintaining. Happy New Year!

6 Melissa January 1, 2013 at 7:33 am

My biggest goal and resolution is to go from a 22/24 to at least an 18. I’d like to be smaller, but I think I can drop two sizes in a year. :)

I am loving the ‘monthly’ ideas. I’ll have to come up with some on my own!

7 Jenn@slim-shoppin January 1, 2013 at 12:30 pm

Great goals!!!! And it doesn’t seem totally unrealistic either! You can do it :)

8 Jane January 1, 2013 at 12:59 pm

Love this Idea!!

Thank you so much… for all the inspiration and Great recipes!!

Happy New Year!

9 Becky January 1, 2013 at 9:54 pm

Clean up my house clutter and organize my craft room so I can work in it comfortably.

10 Leiannn K January 6, 2013 at 9:41 am

My new year’s resolution is to go back to the gym. Starting with 1-2 days per week then increasing to 3. Tracking my points again.
Good luck to everyone! I know we all can do it!

11 Lee February 19, 2013 at 6:55 pm

My biggest goal for 2013 is to go out on a date at least once time in 2013 I failed to go on a date in 2012