Points Plus Shockers & Surprises

by DanicasDaily on November 30, 2010

Happy Biggest Loser Day all!  It’s honestly one of my favorite days of the week just because I get a little motivational boost watching the show.  I am not sure if I have a favorite yet though.

Thanks to all of you for being patient today while my site was down.  It’s kinda cool to think that we had so much Weight Watcher LOVE going on that it crashed my site twice in one day.  Hopefully it’s fixed and won’t happen again.

Thanks for all the great comments and ideas for working the new program on my last post.  It is great to know that we all have each other to bounce ideas off as we work the new Weight Watchers Points Plus Program.  I am sure it is just as fun for you all to read each other’s comments as it is for me Smile

Speaking of which……I have WEIGHT WATCHERS SUPPORT GROUP UPDATE!!!

We made HUGE progress today and I think it might just be ready for everyone to get started on Thursday.  I am soooo excited!

Today I discover that some of my FAVORITE things didn’t have their points values change when switched to Points+

Like hard boiled eggs (2 points+)

Hardboiled Egg

I think the fruit I am MOST excited about being ZERO points is bananas!!! I have a feeling you all will be seeing them a lot for awhile Open-mouthed smile (2 pts+ for the cheese)

Protein Plate

Tall nonfat Decaf Latte with caramel drizzle on top (2 points+)

Starbuck's Red Cups

Sometimes life can be so ironic.  I actually had to miss our work Boot Camp today to go to pick up Nation’s Pies for everyone to eat pie.

No worries though, I didn’t have a single BLT (bite, lick or taste) because I was too busy enjoying my delicious Leftover Honey Glazed Chipotle Chicken & Sweet Potato Salad.

Chicken leftovers

Organic Romaine Lettuce

Organic Broccoli Florets

Organic Cucumber Slices

Organic Tomatoes

3 oz Leftover Roasted Sweet Potatoes

3 oz Leftover Honey Glazed Chipotle Chicken

1 Tbsp Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (for crouton like crunch)

A sprinkle of chopped chives because I needed to use them

All topped with a little FULL FAT Ranch (which didn’t change in points either!)

THIS is why I make leftovers! So tasty (10 points+ and completely satisfying)

Honey Glazed Sweet Potatoes

Mid afternoon snacks ~ Cashes (2 pts+), Cheese (2 pts+) and a honey crisp apple (0 pts+).  Oh and it’s totally normal to use Halloween plates in December Winking smile

Halloween Snack Plate

I was pretty excited when I was pondering recipes for tonight and I checked the stats of my FAVORITE Shrimp Scampi Recipe had not changed Open-mouthed smile

Shrimp Scampi

I put a slight spin on this recipe because I served it with 1 cup of steamed broccoli to bulk it up and served it over 1 cup multi-grain pasta (9 points+).

Garlic Shrimp Scampi

After logging everything into my tracker I realized I STILL had points left, and after calculating the stats I realized that Dove Caramel Milk Chocolates didn’t change points values either Smile 2  for 2 points+!  (They really are 1 point+ each, even if you have the 5 piece serving!)

Dove Miniatures

I have to admit one of my struggles before with Weight Watchers and Points was staying within my points and not breaking into my flex points (Weekly Points Allowance).  Now, I am completely digging the fact that I might be “challenged’ to get all my daily points in Open-mouthed smile

Day 2 = SUCCESS with CHOCOLATE <3

Tell me what do you want to see in our support group and win a Points Plus Calculator!

Q’s:

1.  Have you had any Weight Watchers Points Plus shockers or surprises?

For me, I was shocked to discover that the 1 point Bagel Thins are now 3 points!  However, I am pleasantly surprised knowing my favorite chocolate, recipe and eggs are the same.

51 DanicasDaily December 28, 2010 at 4:03 pm

Hi Christina,

Wow, that is CRAZY! It totally makes me want to go out and get a Guinness just to check it out. I would venture to say that the books are probably more accurate then the calculator? Did you do a comparison with the online WW calculator to see if there was a difference there too?

It’s always better to venture on the high points+ side especially when things seem too good to be true (In my opinion).

52 Tricia January 1, 2011 at 7:09 pm

please add me to your email list.Thanks and happy new year

53 strawberrystark January 3, 2011 at 2:02 am

Hi all. I’m planning on going back to WW tomorrow and am so excited about what I have read on the new plan. I have just had my 4th baby and lost with weightwatchers after each one. I just had a question. I am seeking opinions on whether to do the meetings plan or the online plan? Do you get the same online benefits with etools? I have an iphone and would love to tally my points, look up food points, etc on it. However, I really like going to meetings and weighing in and talking to leaders etc., it is just not real practical for me right now (see 4 children comment above!) =) Any thoughts ladies???

54 Chele May 16, 2011 at 7:33 am

This is referring to ginas post from December. I got this from a ww site. Points value for dunkin donuts egg white turkey sausage wrap is only 7 pts not 14.

For 7 PointsPlus values

Wendy’s Jr Hamburger with a side salad and half a packet of fat-free French dressing
Six Burger King Chicken Tenders with 1 packet of dipping sauce
Dunkin’ Donuts Egg White Turkey Sausage Flatbread Sandwich
For 8 PointsPlus values

55 Mary Ann July 15, 2011 at 11:16 am

Please add me to your list!!!! Thanks!!!!

56 Nancy July 22, 2011 at 9:13 pm

Please add me to your list. Thanks!

57 DanicasDaily August 2, 2011 at 10:57 am

Hi Nancy and Mary Ann,

Here is a link to join the Weight Watchers Support Group ~ it’s free. http:www.friendsforweightloss.com

58 molly capp September 28, 2011 at 10:33 am

Please add me to your list. Thanks!

59 DanicasDaily October 8, 2011 at 8:53 pm

Hi Tricia,

Anyone and everyone is welcome to join the Friends for Weight Loss Weight Watcher Support Group I created. It’s free and you can find out how to sign up here.

I look forward to seeing you there.

60 DanicasDaily October 8, 2011 at 8:55 pm

Hi Molly,

I look forward to seeing you there.

61 Tracy November 2, 2011 at 6:52 am

Hi there! I just stumbled across your Blog looking for a Points Plus Website that lists foods and their point values. Do you know where I can find a link for this? Thanks and keep up the good work!

62 Meme November 16, 2011 at 4:19 am

Please add me to you email listing

63 Karen February 3, 2012 at 5:48 pm

Danica,

I’ just joined WW 2 weeks ago and am really liking it. lost 5.9 lbs…and my target points plus changed( was 34…not it’s 39? (i’d been eating all of my 34 points daily & a few extra(2-4) every day of the weekly 49 points)…did this happen in the old pgm? Target points INCREASE? When I reached 5lbs goal today(my weigh in day) I got a star & it said your target has changed..now it’s 39 pts? Does this seem right? Thanks for helping a newbie!

-K

64 DanicasDaily February 11, 2012 at 2:33 pm

Hi Karen,

I have never seen someone’s daily target go up as they lose weight. Usually it goes up when you are gaining weight. Is it possible that by change you changed your gender from female to male? That is the only other thing that I could think of that would cause your daily target to go up.

If you feel you are full/content and losing at a rate that works for you at the 34 points+ range, I would keep it there.

65 Mary September 14, 2012 at 10:28 am

Great blog! I just joined WW again for the first time in years. The Points+ Program is amaizing. I have already lost 1.5 lbs in 3 days. So far, every night I still have points left over even after my WW ice cream cone. The Ice cream is the only thing WW brand that I buy because I have seen that it is at least 1 to 2 points lower than even the Skinny Cow brand.I am trying to get to my first meeting but I am just so busy. I really hope I make it next Tuesday. I have 43lbs to lose so I really need to be motivated. Thank you for the blog and please add me to your mailing list. :). BTW I still will only allow myself a little salt per day. That stuff will make you gain weight.

66 Daisy Ortiz April 11, 2013 at 7:57 pm

Please add me thank you.

67 Teresa April 30, 2013 at 11:51 am

I would love to be added to your list…I used to do the old WW and now am a little confused about the new WW points plus..I feel like I have no points and am starving most of the time.

Thanks