This week’s goals & the weekly menu

by DanicasDaily on April 15, 2012

Happy Sunday everyone!  Where do I even start ~ there is so much to say about my cluelessness on my post title, to my weigh in & goal update, to this week’s challenge and, of course, the weekly menu. This weekend has been so fun as we celebrated our birthday (tomorrow) as The Husband says….he was actually really cute when he woke up this morning and proudly announced he has been my boyfriend for 8 years, going on 9 now LOL…..

Today involved going to our Weight Watchers Meeting, an antique fair (for him), salads at Jack’s Urban Eats (for me), massages, dinner at Buckhorn (for us) and now…..relaxing!

I had NO IDEA last week what BM could represent until I posted about My New BM and you all got the giggles.  It is funny because I was sitting there as I was typing my post telling The Husband I NEEDED to have a cool new name for the new version of my Body Bugg.  I mean, Body Bugg abbreviated nicely to BB, so it only seemed natural that Body Media would be BM.  Almost as soon as I posted, you all started saying you had to see what I meant by BM.

The Husband and I immediately started brain storming what BM could mean….and then……

I googled BM and saw the acronym’s (I did like Batman!) and then the Urban Dictionary definition (and immediately thought of Dr. Oz as a few of you mentioned) ~ OMG! LOL….ummm, who would’ve ever thought ~ ha!

Thanks for all the laughs and keeping me in check! I am still cracking up over it and can honestly say I had NO CLUE BM could mean so many things……So, I will be pondering a NEW NAME for my BM.  I am totally open for suggestions! Open-mouthed smile

I actually missed my Easter Goal by 1 lb, but, I am proud to say I lost 7 lbs out of the 8 so I am chalking it up at a success!  I am down another .4 lbs today bringing me 1/2 way to my Memorial Day Goal with 7 weeks left to go.

This week I am focusing on 3 things:

1) Being a TRACK STAR ~ tracking 100% of everything I eat.

2) Bringing back my 5 am workouts to get in 4 workouts this week.

3) Water, water and more water!

HERE IS WHAT IS ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

This week’s menu was completely inspired by the April 2012 Cooking Light Magazine’s Quick Meals with Rotisserie Chicken

Q’s

What is one thing that you are going to focus on to make you healthier this week?

Josie April 15, 2012 at 9:10 pm

To make my week healthier I am going to fit in a veg at breakfast lunch and dinner. I really only ever have veg at dinner and maybe at lunch! :) I am planning my weekly menu’s tonight and grocery shopping tomorrow! Oh my mom got purple potatoes and carrots at Farmer’s market and roasted them they were so good!

Phyllis April 15, 2012 at 9:32 pm

I have actually stopped friends from naming their children where their initials would be BM! LOL. I hope to have a healthy week just continuing the journey!

Amy April 15, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Coincidentally my goals for this week are the same as yours, even bringing back my early morning workouts. Love the term “Track Star” and am totally going to borrow that.

Jane April 16, 2012 at 4:32 am

I’m starting back on WW this week. Went to a meeting on Saturday. This week I am going to start a low impact jazzercise class. My goal is twice a week with three times making me feel like a rock start!

Colleen April 16, 2012 at 5:11 am

I too am working on tracking this week….I was really good for the first weeks an have started to begin to slack so this week I will track everything…I also ran a mile for the first time on Sunday so I am hoping to keep that up….10 pounds to 10% and my goal is memorial day as well…Good Luck and I love this blog.

suzann April 16, 2012 at 7:20 am

I am back on tracking today too! Have gotten very lazy and making up numbers! Onward!!

Irene April 16, 2012 at 7:40 am

As a girl, I had the cute little sentence initials of I.C.A.B. Then I married an M. (Imagine the monogram on our bathroom towels!
Suggestions: BS (Body Stats), more giggles… BO (Body Organizer)… hehe. QT (Quick Tech),

Those veggies look gorgeous! I’ll eat more this week.

Susan April 17, 2012 at 6:43 pm

Toooo funny!

Heidi April 16, 2012 at 9:19 am

lost 5 lbs and like 10 “fat” lbs in out 1st 21 days…. hoping for a few more Fat lbs out the door this week! want to exercize 5 days this week in some fashion!

Carol T. April 16, 2012 at 9:21 am

Hi Danica:

I am so glad I found your blog. I am a returning lifetime member of WW. Started back last week. My goal is to read your blog every morning since it does give me a lot of motivation (You Rock!!!!) and also to track my food choices and get back to the gym more than a couple of times a week. thank you again!!!

Cassia April 16, 2012 at 9:33 am

Hi Danica,
My goal is to exercise at least 5 days this week, eat healthy and lose another pound.
By the way, thank you for sharing that crock pot chili recipe. I made and LOVE it, so does my hubby! Your recipes are great!!
Happy Birthday to both of you!

Sharon H April 16, 2012 at 10:40 am

You’re so funny! I guess the term “BM” must be a regional thing or something cuz I’ve heard of it and figured everyone knew that it referred to a private body function. My goal for this week is to drink more water.

Yvette Kane April 16, 2012 at 11:24 am

Interesting, I just realized that my mouth was watering at your veggie bowl! That shows improvement! I thought it ONLY did that for chocolate! I must me evolving in this healthy world of Weight Watchers. :)

Kim April 16, 2012 at 6:14 pm

We have the same goals for week! We can do it!! :)

Marne April 16, 2012 at 7:32 pm

My goal is to stay motivated at the gym and increase my intensity. I also want to try to save some WP’s and not use them all on the weekend (so hard when weigh in is Thursdays!). Thanks for the weekly menu as always!! My husband lives that you told us about TJ’s peppered turkey bacon – yum!