Funny Mom’s Day Cards & This Week’s Menu

by DanicasDaily on May 13, 2012

Happy Mom’s Day all!  We have had such a great time this weekend visiting both family and friends.  Fun weekend’s like this always make me wish I had just one more day off.  Since we are finally sitting down to relax, tonight’s post is going to be a few of our Weekend Highlights, an update on my weigh in and goals plus the Weekly Menu.

The one thing I think I struggle with most on my journey is consistency.  By that I mean, one week I will do great getting in my workouts and tracking my food, then, the next I get only one of them right ~ working out or being a Track Star.

Last week I was awesome at getting in my workouts ~ I checked off my 3 Couch to 5K runs and two long lunchtime walks.   My eating was just OK ~ I made healthy choices, but, I always do better when I cook at home.  I had working lunches 4 out of the 5 days I was at work and then, we had our Mother’s Day festivities on Saturday and today.  As a result, I was up .8 lbs and I think it was totally earned.

This week I am focusing on 3 things:

1) Being a TRACK STAR ~ tracking 100% of everything I eat.

2) Move More: Couch to 5K x’s 3, Strength training and Yoga ~ I am also adding over 5,000 steps a day to this list.

3) Focus on power foods and getting in my water!

Onto a new week and a new chance for success!  Here are some of my favorite highlights from this weekend including my oh so Crafty Husband!

Each day started off with a big bowl of Farmer’s Market Goodness!!!!

We tried a new breakfast place, Ashley’s Country Kitchen, with my family and I can definitely see going back.

I think their glasses are awesome.

One of the BEST veggie egg white omelets I’ve ever had….

It was totally loaded with veggie goodness and hot sauce Open-mouthed smile

And, they even let you pick peaches over hash browns.

Our weekend also included Sushi at Hisui Japanese Steakhouse!  I ordered my usual sushi fair….soup, salad and one spicy roll!

Miso Soup

Crispy green side salad with that dressing that makes you want to lick the bowl.

Joe’s Roll ~ Shrimp, Spicy Tuna & Crab, AVOCADO, Seared Tuna & Albacore, Tobiko

I totally dunk each piece into a container of Srirachi, then, another container of soy sauce mixed with all the wasabi they give you.

Do you all remember when I was telling you about “Oski” The Husband’s Cal Bears stuffed animal?  Well, guess what….”Oski” got me a Mom’s day card too ~ well, with The Husband’s help and all LOL.

The Husband also decided to personalize the card he gave his mom too….

He replaced the picture with a picture of himself…..For those wondering, the inside of the card says something like “That whole potty training thing has come in really handy!”

He is a TOTAL CLOWN!!! Just another reason I LOVE him….Red heart

HERE IS WHAT IS ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

Q’s

What is one goal you will accomplish this week?

1 Alison May 13, 2012 at 7:48 pm

Ha I love your dh’s card :)

2 Staci May 13, 2012 at 8:34 pm

Hahaha on the card. I am the same way with WW. I texted a friend today and told her I guess I’m just gonna have to be okay with only losing 2 WIs a month. LOL I do AWESOME only to do pretty crappy the next week. I gain at ovulation and PMS time… so 2 WIs out of the month. I lose the other 2. So annoying! But at least I have a 50/50 ratio. haha

3 Tara May 13, 2012 at 10:00 pm

Is that Ashely’s in Orangevale? that is right down the street from my house! small world! Love your blog!

4 Celine May 14, 2012 at 2:53 am

ROFL! I totally giggled at the Mother’s Day card ! Awesome! lol

5 Vonda Smith May 14, 2012 at 5:33 am

Danica,
I love that you’re real with us, and share your “successes” as well as your “next times”. It would be very intimadatng to me if you had losses every week, and never struggled with choices. Your honesty encourages me in this walk. Keep up the good work!!!

6 Kim @ Living, Laughing & Losing May 14, 2012 at 5:48 am

Consistency is most definitely my biggest problem. Like you said, one week I will track everything and get all of my workouts in and the next week, I won’t go to the gym once or track a thing. It’s frustrating because I know what I need to do, it’s just a matter of applying myself.

7 christine May 14, 2012 at 8:39 am

Good morning,

OK that photo of Jay will be in my mind forever…….jay you are special!

Another way to handle those small gains especially when “deserved” congratulate yourself for such a small or controlled gain. Wtih all the celebrations and restaurant dining you must have been practicing your WW habits and making better choices than before WW became part of your life. It is not all about losing….sometimes it is just celebrating small gains! So Bravo!

8 Colleen May 14, 2012 at 9:11 am

As with you, doing what I plan sometimes just doesn’t work. But as my WW leader says pick myself up and continue on! I am in the process of moving and so it is a bit hard sometimes to track everything, but I am trying to at least eat healthy. Will be back on track soon. loved the Mom Day cards and Thanks for so many great recipies! Have a good week!

9 Lynette May 14, 2012 at 9:43 am

OMG, I just HAD TO Comment on your hubby’s picture!! HILARIOUS!!! I LOVE IT. Had me rollin’ at my desk this morning!! Thanks for sharing :). You’ll have a great week this week, Danica. I wanted to stop you at the WW meeting on Sundy to let you know what an inspiration you’ve been to me since I joined this Vacaville WW. Honestly, without you food suggestions and tricks and tweeks of the trade I would in no way have had as much success (and fun) as I have. Dieting, Fun? Yes, it has been. Thank you, because now I really don’t think of this as a diet. It’s a fun new way of eating and living.
Rock on, Danica! If you ever want a 5k running buddy. I’m here for ya!

10 Biz May 14, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Love all your eats! My plan this week – no emotional eating!! (and no wine!) :D

Have a great week Danica!

11 Josie May 14, 2012 at 9:50 pm

OMG Ed was dying laughing at Jay!! Loved it. I will hit the gym 5 days straight! :)

12 Gail H. May 15, 2012 at 3:02 am

My goal is to really, really try not to eat out! Geez it does me in :( I am trying to plan better for quick meals: day 1 down! But I sooo want to go to Duffy’s to watch the Heat tonight :)

13 Rhonda May 15, 2012 at 5:44 am

I think this says it all, what we think and what the reality is are two different things.

14 Yvonne May 15, 2012 at 6:57 am

LMBO!!!
your husband is too funny!!!

15 Carrie May 15, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Danica – it is so cute you make your husband’s lunch! I do the same thing and he loves it, so it is worth doing! Thanks for the great blog, I love reading!!

16 suzanne May 15, 2012 at 6:34 pm

OMG!! That card is hillarious :)

17 DanicasDaily June 3, 2012 at 2:11 pm

Hi Tara,

Yes, that was Ashley’s in Orangevale!!! That place is awesome….next time I will have to tell you to meet us there :)