Have you ever forgot to…..

by DanicasDaily on December 3, 2012

Happy Monday all!  Thanks for sharing what you are excited about with the new Weight Watchers 360 Program.  I definitely cannot wait to see everything that gets unveiled this year and to hear what you all think of it.

As much as I really pondered staying in bed this morning, I told myself I’d never get back to “real sleep” anyway….so get up and get movin’.  I hopped on the treadmill and pounded out a 5K to start my day (yup, I totally am a poet and didn’t know it!) lol

For the first time ever in my life, I completely forgot about making or eating breakfast this morning.  That seriously never happens to me because I wake up practically every day dreaming about the coffee I am going to have and what I am going to eat.

As soon as I walked into the office, I searched the lunch bag I packed for the day and ended up with my Fage 0% Strawberry-Goji Berry yogurt plus an apple (SF+1 WPA) – 3 points+

Then, the remainder of my Nature Box Antioxidant Mix (SF + 3 WPA) – 3 points+.

Lunch was strike #2 ~ My Simply Filling Egg Salad Sandwich was completely delicious.

1 egg = 2 egg whites, 1 Tbsp light mayo, 1 tsp mustard, sea salt & pepper on a thin bun

(SF) – 6 points+

I snacked on my Farm Fresh to You Organic Mandarin while I tried my best to get the lid off my salad.

But, alas, I couldn’t get the lid off my salad at all and I was too shy to ask anyone to do it for me since I am still the new girl Winking smile

The good thing about my new office is that there are no vending machines or food around so there are not any temptations….however, on days when your brain breaks and you forget food….it’s not always a good thing. Did I mention there is always wine though? Open-mouthed smile

Luckily, I packed an extra snack this morning just in case ~ Pear & a Sargento Light String Cheese (SF) – 1 points+

On my drive home I thought about all the things I could eat as soon as I walked in the door.  They ranged from healthy choices like fruit, cheese, nuts to grabbing bags of The Husband’s chips.

I roasted and ATE Honey Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts while I figured out what to make to dinner….success and totally crazy I know…but, sometimes you just crave what you crave!

Dinner tonight involved one of my favorite Cooking Light recipes for Simple Roasted Pork Loin that just happens to be Simply Filling too since the “jam” is less than 1 points+.

3 oz – 3 points+ (SF)

Plus, The Husband’s pick ~ spirals with parmesan. (SF + 5 WPA) – 5 points+

He also picked Kale too ~ well, he said Greens – this counts the same, right?!

I totally ate an entire bag of Brussels Sprouts tonight ~ they really are that good Open-mouthed smile(SF + 2 WPA) – 2 points+

Quick Stats for my new 12 week challenge (I’ll do my finale post this week):

• AL –115  %, 5 Activity Points
  • 11 WPA used, 27 WPA remaining, 24 daily points+

HERE IS WHAT IS ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

• Roasted Pork Loin Salads or Sweet Potato Pork Hash, salad
  • BLTA’s
  • Taco Salad
  • Healthy Nachos
  • My Work Holiday Party in Wine Country!!

1 jessica December 3, 2012 at 10:16 pm

Your brussel sprouts look good….definitely going to try that recipe! How do you prepare your kale?

2 Miz December 4, 2012 at 3:38 am

I spy that green attune bowl.
I use mine all the time too :-)

3 nancy December 4, 2012 at 8:41 am

Danica, What gave that great looking “pink tinge” to your roast pork? Did you use the apricot preserves or apple jelly? Going to try that this week.

4 Lisa December 4, 2012 at 9:13 am

Hi, I’m considering going back to WW. I have regained all the weight I lost a couple years ago. But I also asked my family for a FitBit for Christmas. Would you say the new WW activity tracker is comparable to it? I want to be able to track my activity with my WW, and want to get back to using my app on my iPhone as that was a HUGE help last time. But I’m leery with the WW tracker being an extra $5 a month. But if I go with a FitBit, will it link or sync up with my WW app? Any help would be greatly appreciated before I start spending money.

5 Staci December 4, 2012 at 9:31 am

ROFLOL about your poor salad. This is funny and also makes me sad for you at the same time because you were probably left hungry. But how funny!

6 Connie December 4, 2012 at 10:40 am

Love those brussel sprouts! I made that recipe to go with our Thanksgiving meal and it was a hit!
So did you ever get the lid off??

7 Colleen December 4, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Can’t wait to get to my WW Meeting Friday, and get the new info, Love it. been following your Simple filling and am losing better than with counting the points per say, still do, just am eating more Simple Filling foods and am feeling better. Thanks for all of you help and the tasty idea’s, take care and Happy holiday!

8 DanicasDaily December 4, 2012 at 9:23 pm

Hi Jessica,

I just steamed the kale in a little chicken broth for about 10 minutes, then, seasoned it with a little crushed red pepper flakes and a pinch of sugar at the end.

9 DanicasDaily December 4, 2012 at 9:24 pm

Hi Nancy,

I used apricot preserves. Here is a link to the recipe I followed.

10 DanicasDaily December 4, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Hi Lisa,

Active Link is the only monitor that actually syncs up with your Weight Watchers online tracker and shows your activity points earned. You can still use the Weight Watchers tracker to track activity points earned, you just have to input it manually with a Fit Bit. I absolutely love my WW Active Link and although I’ve never owned a Fit Bit, I have heard they are very comparable. Both will help you get motivated to get moving and meet your targets.

If you search “Active Link” in my search box above, you will see all the posts I’ve completed for my Active Link to date.

Good luck and let me know what you decide,

11 DanicasDaily December 4, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Hi Connie,

Sadly no ~ that dang lid never came off of course until I got home and The Husband opens it right up *sigh* :)

12 Martha@ Simple Nourished Living December 4, 2012 at 10:25 pm

Sorry about your salad! Your favorite pork recipe sounds yummy and such good timing. I have a pork loin in the fridge and was wondering what to do with it. Thanks for solving that problem for me! I’ve bookmarked it to make in the next day or two.

13 Lisa December 5, 2012 at 9:55 am

Danica,
I can not find on WW site where I can manually enter my activity now that I have AL. It says you are an active link subscriber. I am in my first week and I am getting alot of AP points and I want to account for them
Would you tell me how I can enter it?
I wear the FB and AL . I am still in the honeymoonstage with AL, but I love my FB

14 DanicasDaily December 5, 2012 at 10:10 pm

Hi Lisa,

If you are still in your assessment, then, they results will not show up until after the 8 days. Then, you will see how many activity points you earned during the assessment. Each day when you plug in AL, you can view your activity points earned on the active link website and in your Weight Watchers tracker under Activity Tracker, next to the food tracker.

Does that make sense?