Happy Wednesday all! I was really tempted to just start out my post with these words ~ White Chocolate, Coconut, Macadamia Nut Cookies….Need I Say More? Then, add the recipe and type The End! LOL. I pretty much knew I’d love these cookies before I ever took my first bite based on those “words” alone.
These cookies are incredibly dense like Macaroons, but, they have the added bonus of creamy white chocolate and salty, crunchy roasted macadamia nuts. Don’t say I didn’t warn you first, but, I am pretty sure you will not be able to eat just one cookies…..Make only when you can share them with others.
Do you remember the Holiday Party we had this year at Vintners Inn in Santa Rosa? Before turning into the fancy hotel it is today, the Inn was a super quaint and cute 44 room Bed and Breakfast. This recipe is just one of the recipes they would make for their Bed and Breakfast guests. I would’ve totally stayed there just so I could eat these cookies every day. I wish I could take credit for this deliciousness, but, the recipe is courtesy of Don & Rhonda Carano (the same peeps in the book, A Very Good Year. I told you all about).
WHITE CHOCOLATE COCONUT MACADAMIA NUT COOKIES (print it!)
- 3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 cubes)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 9 oz white chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 3 1/2 oz dry roasted, salted macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, beat the butter, both sugars, egg and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the flour and beat until blended. Stir in the white chocolate, coconut and macadamia nuts. The batter will be thick and that is ok.
3. Drop into heaping tablespoons on a cookie sheet. Bake for 17 minutes or until the edges of the cookie are light browned. Allow the cookies to cool slightly on the cookie sheet before removing to cool completely on a wire rack. Store in an air tight container (if they last long enough to store them!)
Makes 32 cookies,4 points+ each
Nutritional information per cookie calculated at caloriecount.com
And worth every single calorie and points+ ~ sweet, salty, crunchy, chewy….decadent!
It’s a good thing we gave away all but 4 of these cookies because honestly, I could eat every single cookie for like every meal
The good news is that we finished all our Christmas shopping finally tonight (well, I still have to shop for The Husband)….The not so good news, we haven’t wrapped a single thing yet!
Tomorrow is a fun day at work ~ I get to head out to the winery to meet everyone, then, get a vine to table tour of our facility. I can’t wait to share it with you all.
QUESTION OF THE DAY:
What is your favorite cookie ~ homemade, bakery made or store bought?