Super Bowl Snacks & This Week’s Menu

by DanicasDaily on February 3, 2013

Happy Super Bowl Sunday all!  As promised, this morning’s Weight Watcher’s meeting started off in style with a Red & Gold 49er’s Themed Party.  Complete with all red & gold foods

Pineapple & Strawberries….

Golden Crispy Apple Chips ~ look how many you get for 2 points+!

Plus My Mini Red & Gold Inside Out Pineapple Muffins.

Complete with delicious coffee to boot!

My plate included a little of everything along with a banana that I brought for staying power.

SF + 1 WPA, 1 points+

I lost .4 lbs this week and I will take it ~ all losses add up and anything down or with the word loss in it is a success in my book!

After the meeting we stopped at Starbuck’s for lattes before heading out to spend 4 hours walking the Alameda Antique Fair in 65+ degrees of sunshine. (SF) – 3 points+

We stopped for lunch at one of the local vendors at the fair that serves the most delicious Grilled Organic Teriyaki Chicken Bowls with brown rice….aka The Brown Bowl.

100% Simply Filling & 110% Delicious! (SF) – 8 points+

As soon as we walked in the door, I started preparing our Super Bowl snacks.

First Up ~ A modified version of these Creamy Artichoke Stuffed Mushrooms.

They are probably the easiest stuffed mushrooms you will ever make.  Simply chop the stems, add a little garlic salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper flakes and green onion.  Sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.

Stir in 1/2 cup Artichoke Jalapeno Spread with 1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs.

Stir to combine, then, stuff a little in each mushroom.  I used an 8 oz package of white mushrooms and it had 15 mushrooms in it.

Sprinkle with another 1/4 cup Panko and bake at 400 for 20 minutes.

Each mushroom is 1 points+ and totally rich, creamy, crunchy, salty and totally satisfying.

(SF + 3 WPA) – 3 points+

Served up with veggie tray veggies and a little light ranch. (SF + 1 WPA) – 1 points+

Watermelon and blueberries for dessert.

Our Super Bowl dinner involved these Crescent Rolls I picked up at Trader Joe’s a little while back.

I already knew I loved Trader Joe’s for making Buttermilk Biscuits without Transfats and High Fructose Corn Syrup for my Bubble Up Casserole….but, then, they had to go and make crescent rolls too.

Only 3 points+ for these sweet, doughy, buttery crescent rolls.

I was originally going to put the rolls in a 9 x 13 pan to make taco squares, but, as you all know, I am a sucker for single serving cups where you get to eat the whole thing.

Crescent Roll Taco Cup Success!!  These Taco Cups are seriously amazing and I am pretty sure it due to the sweet, crunchy, crescent rolls.  The recipe is coming up this week Smile

Each cup is 4 points+ or Simply Filling (SF + 3 WPA for the crescent cup) ~ I had 2 with all the fixin’s.

STATS:

• 11 WPA used, 38 WPA remaining, (24 daily points+)
  • AL  139%, 6 Activity Points

HERE IS WHAT IS ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

The menu is a little light this week as we are working on using what is in the house before our trip to Australia and we have two planned nights out.

QUESTION OF THE DAY:

Ok ~ I know you all want the recipes for the Pineapple Mini Muffins and the Taco Cups….the question now, is which should I post first (tomorrow)?

1 Pat February 3, 2013 at 10:09 pm

Pineapple Mini Muffins-Please!

2 Vicki Young February 4, 2013 at 12:43 am

Think I would like to see the Pineapple Mini Muffins also. I enjoy ready your messages and seeing your food. Enjoy Australia.

3 Gail H. February 4, 2013 at 4:13 am

We had your nachos for our Super Bowl dinner! My husband loves them!! When is your trip to Oz? You’ll enjoy the weather if you’re going soon! Can’t wait to hear about it when you return…we aren’t going until the end of April, but I’m already on countdown!Oh, those pineapple cuties first, please :)

4 Miz February 4, 2013 at 6:30 am

off to trader joes today!

5 Robin February 4, 2013 at 8:16 am

Where did you buy the Artichoke Jalapeno spread?

6 Cassia February 4, 2013 at 8:28 am

My vote is for the inside out pineaaple mini muffin. I am soooooo looking forward to it!! Thank you for your wonderful recipes.

7 sally February 4, 2013 at 9:18 am

Can’t wait for both…:looks like i better vote for the taco cups!

8 Jenny February 4, 2013 at 10:08 am

Danica,

You continue to be such an inspiration on how to eat REAL and still be healthy. Way to go and THANK YOU.

9 Angela @ Honey, I Shrunk the Mom February 4, 2013 at 10:34 am

Can’t wait for those taco cups recipe! I’ve already got this week’s menu planned but it will be on next weeks. They look delicious! :P

10 Roz@weightingfor50 February 4, 2013 at 11:18 am

LOVE that you have point friendly treats at your meeting! The mushrooms look FANTASTIC! I’ll be trying them soon. Have a great week.

11 Kris February 4, 2013 at 3:15 pm

I’m voting for the taco cups!

12 Pamela February 4, 2013 at 4:23 pm

Muffins please…thanks for bringing them to the meeting; they were awesome!!!

13 Lucia February 4, 2013 at 7:07 pm

Muffins please

14 Barb February 4, 2013 at 8:32 pm

pineapple muffins, please!

15 lynette S February 5, 2013 at 3:58 pm

What meeting location do you go to? Your Sunday meeting always looks so fun! I’m in the East Bay, but that may be worth the drive ;-)

16 DanicasDaily March 31, 2013 at 11:00 am

Hi Robin,

I buy the artichoke jalapeno spread at Raley’s and Costco but know most stores sell some form of it in the deli/meat section.

17 DanicasDaily March 31, 2013 at 11:02 am

Hi Lynette,

I go to the Vacaville location on Sundays and absolutely love it – my leader is awesome and probably one of the best leaders I’ve ever had. There are several people that drive from all over just to attend her meeting. If you end up going let me know because I’d like to meet you.